Show us a through the lens comparison between the 5k+ and 8k

Yata can you ask the team to get backers user nane in forum & post a list of attendees please.

what team .?iā€™m in hotel right now far from meetup point.

1 Like

Sorry thought you might still be at the meet. Lol

Just in case the team there was busy & missed my poke. :beers::wink::+1::sparkles:

Forget about + and think about it as simply 5K. As Pimax never demoed original 5K it does not matter how they call it now, it is just 5K-ish version. Then keep in mind that both products 8K and 5K are still not fully characterized and reviewed, the point that Pimax claims 5K+ is better than 5K means nothing compared to 8K (see above).
Finally, wait for the reviews and always remember, if you backed 8K, no one guaranteed that 8K would have to be better than 5K, as only 8K demo unit existed and 5K was just a design exercise.

4 Likes

Look weā€™re dancing on the head of a pin here and we are not in general disagreement at all. As with much of these things it is all a bit of lost interpretation. I totally agree with you that the important thing is that we get all the information we can on these headsets. Much will come as the people attending the meetup weigh in and hopefully the testers will clarify which headset has whatever characteristics sufficiently to allow us all to make an informed decision by the time the shipping survey is presented.
Peace.

3 Likes

Hehe itā€™s interesting how everybody reports different things. Yes SDE, no SDE, yes edge distortion, no edge distortion etc etc

3 Likes

Pleaseā€¦ @deletedpimaxrep1 @Heliosurge

Have Pimax confirm that it will send the rest of the tester both 8k and 5k viewfinders for comparison before the 16.

I trust their opinion (@Cdaked, @Neoskynet , etcā€¦) more than the Pimax team itself.

4 Likes

at the demo with hand tracking module is not possible to notice distortion also with some dark level games, they have 3 or 4 profiles with fov this also helps

3 Likes

@Neoskynet has said he csn confirm they are receiving both 8k m2 & 5k+(i presume its the plus)

2 Likes

Hmm I wonder if some of the setups had reduced the FoV maybe also? And Iā€™m also surprised that you (and some others) say there are no godraysā€¦ From what I heard some testers seem to think it has worse godrayā€™s than the Vive (pro), so that confuses me ā€¦ I wonder if they reduced brightness a bit or maybe demoed games where itā€™s not that visible?

I guess weā€™ll have to wait 2 weeks for more info on the testerā€™s opinions ā€¦

2 Likes

This is the m2 & likely using newer software than what the testers have so far. As they might have had to update software specifically for the m2.(a guess anyway)

tester had m1 , this is m2 , I was lookig for god rays in ED at hangar screen but didnt notice any, but meybe it is hard to notice becouse of this awfull black level at this game.

4 Likes

Might be. Ok thanks for your feedback @Yata_PL much appreciated

1 Like

no problem, full feedback i will write latter when come back to my homeā€¦
I have thrue the lenses video but I didnt check it yetā€¦

5 Likes

Thank you for your impressions but can we stay on topic please? There are many other threads were attendees are posting about the meetup this thread was meant to request Pimax post some through the lens videos.

Thanks.

1 Like

I wrote here becouse this request have no sense, you would not notice any differences beetwen 5k and 8k for sure not thrue the lenses videoā€¦ but as you whish not going to continueā€¦

1 Like

Can you see at all without your glasses, and if so: Did you try without them, so that you could test whether the amount of eye relief (EDIT: ā€¦together with the IPD adjustment, given the lenses being at an angle (ā€¦or so I assume)) affected the perceived distortion?

Good night, sleep well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why not? What about pictures like this?

l can clearly see differences in those pictures and would like to see if they 8k vs the 5k+ has any visual difference. Why does that ā€œmake no senseā€

1 Like

Nothing has changed, as far as the plan. The backers arenā€™t following the recommended approach. Thereā€™s nothing we can do to FORCE them to post in the requested format.

Therefore, you cannot trust these impressions 100%, since we canā€™t verify them. The videos that were posted in the ā€œofficialā€ impressions ONLY thread are currently the only verified impressions.

2 Likes

Iā€™m hoping, but I"m not sure. It depen on @deletedpimaxrep1.

Cheers,
Neo

2 Likes