Show us a through the lens comparison between the 5k+ and 8k

black level for me is not good in both panel is more grey than black , elite dangerous is too bright and space is not black like in my vive, even when i lower gamma in game its seems like something (software or hardware is locking the same level of brightness . I really like other feature of pimax 8k and 5k plus but they need to do something with exaggerated brightness which kills immersion in deep space. In Skyrim Vr and this expirence with hand montion black level was not huge issue but is also seems to be not like in amoled panels.

8 Likes

Maybe with adjusting brightness can make them decent.

@zuiquan1
Your question has been added to my list
http://community.openmr.ai/t/should-i-change-my-8k-for-the-5k-plus/7833

1 Like

Now he posts an easy link. :beers::wink::+1::sparkles:

wich headset did you liked the most?

2 Likes

@Heliosurge what happened to the idea of having backers who post their impressions of the berlin meeting post their backer number and other information that I thought was earlier required to know if they infact did attend or did I misunderstand and werenā€™t these impressions to be in another thread, maybe Iā€™m wrong on both accounts just checking with you?

1 Like

Iā€™m am not trolling at all. I only found your complaint that Pimax didnā€™t tell you they had improved the 5K panels until now odd. I can see why people get annoyed when they donā€™t disclose bad news. I find it odd that you are bothered when they spring surprise good news on you. My original statement still applies since NOBODY knows the answer to that question but Pimax.

1 Like

its not easy question, I tested ED ! Skyrim, Asseto corsa, Il 2 sturmovik and hand tracking expirence , i head both headset on my head no more than 30 minutes , probably I will choose 5k plus becouse of 90 hz and extra accessories ( but i dont know what they can offer to us if I swich my 8k pledge for 5k plus)

btw I have some videosā€¦ but Iā€™m still in Berlin and typing only from ipad

5 Likes

Thanks for the reply

1 Like

I guess increased lightbleed could be an unfortunate side effect of low persistence with LCD panels: You have to pump more power into the backlight, to compensate for the dark periods (same amount of photons over time, as with full persistence), and I have to assume that stonger light could have an easier time penetrating where it shouldnā€™t, than a lower light level over a longer timeā€¦

2 Likes

was the resolution on the 5k plus almost the same with skyrim vs the 8k?
and did it run well on the 8k?

If youā€™re pledging a complete package of 8K with 2 base stations and controllers, shouldnā€™t you still be getting those if you drop down to 5K Plus?

resolution probably the same , not visible sde , but both headsets have this distortion issue between 145-170 fov and skyrim high trees at the edges when you moving your head gets unnaturally thinerā€¦

Im not complaining they have an improved 5k. What Iā€™m trying to say is we need more time to decide if we want to switch because its a HUGE decision. They suprised us with an improved 5k at the last second, the very last month to decide which headset to get . Now i dont know whether to switch or not. Which is why Iā€™m asking them to not wait to the 16th to give us the details but release an in depth report about their new headset.

We need time to make that decision. Thats all Iā€™m trying to say. Iā€™m not attacking them at all.

4 Likes

I didnt backed full pledge , i have vive at home.

damm that a real pittyā€¦

Here are video impressions

http://community.openmr.ai/t/berlin-meetup-backers-hands-on-impressions-only/7757?u=heliosurge

Otherwise not sure. Folks should as another user said flag @neal_white_iii or @Heliosurge though any leader can move a post to this thread.

As for backers posts with reference like backer number.

Simple if both the above not provided post may not be moved.

http://community.openmr.ai/t/berlin-meetup-backers-hands-on-impressions-only/7757?u=heliosurge

1 Like

no its not both headsets are really good in this price range,
very light, nice fov, huge sweetspot, great tracking, no sde, didnt notice god rays, but black level and edge distortion is an issue.

2 Likes

Another idea would be for the team to collect forum user names & post a list if backers that way as official attendees would work.

@deletedpimaxrep1 @SweViver @mixedrealityTV @VoodooDE @PimaxVR @Sean.Huang

2 Likes

wow no godrays? thats good!!!
I also had a moment the vive pro but i hated the sweetspot,so if this is better thats a big plus for me!

2 Likes