Shipping Status Base Stations

Good luck churning those out! I’m sure it looks like Pimax HQ during the KS shipments, boxes everywhere and all.

1 Like

Every backer didn’t back the full package + I didn’t think many went for the index controllers so I hope to see my bundle early December but who knows . I thought the point of switching to index controllers was to receive them very soon .

4 Likes

Well absolute majority of the backers in Korea backed full package. Even if half of the backers backed full package or took plan E, it will take almost two months.
Regarding index controllers, I was asking about free half-life, not ETA. Since Korea is out of first delivery countries, I am gonna cancel my plan F and buy controllers directly from Valve if I can’t get free half-life.

3 Likes

@PimaxUSA

Whether it’s good news or bad news can we please have an update on the 8K+ and 8KX status?

3 Likes

To buy them time, of course it is not needed to test them, Valve already did that…

1 Like

does this include plan F backers? if so the second question is does it come with the new half life? and when is this supposed to start shipping. hoping for before chirstmas!

1 Like

As we know, Valve is terrible at the manufacturing quality, take, for example, their Index controllers, while Pimax QA track record is stellar, so it only makes sense Pimax applies its know-how on Valve’s hit and miss production.

We should also appreciate the level of detail and attention Pimax dedicate to this issue, and in particular solving very complex problems, like shipping the relevant power supplies to each (of many different!) destinations (not only US or EU, but also very exotic countries like GB, CA or AU). This is something only the best logistics in the world can pull off, like basically any Joe on aliexpress, or Pimax.

Therefore the two months delay is totally justified and we should rejoice at the efficiency and the execution Pimax (again) showed.

10 Likes

I’ll leave that opinion to you, ok? :wink:

They come with universal power supplies.

1 Like

I don’t know about the bases, but the index itself comes with a PSU with 2 types of plugs and is compatible with 100-240V

3 Likes

“Exotic countries” “like GB” :joy:

The EU version of the lighthouse comes with changeable EU and UK plugs just as an FYI for anyone.

5 Likes

I’ve got response from Helpdesk to Pre-Order Upgrade Plan:

> Sorry about the late reply.
> The shipping plan for Controller Upgrade Plan for Pre-Orders is around January 2020.
> Sorry for any inconvenience this caused.

I’m going to cancel my pre-order and upgrade plan as well. This is just too much and I go directly to Valve.

5 Likes

That is an outright false statement where you literally have no idea what you are talking about.

Maybe you should try explaining why the testing is needed.

4 Likes

Why are you so confrontational towards your customers? Your method of communicating with your customers is sometimes very rude . How does this promote Pimax as a company that cares about it’s customers ?

12 Likes

Yes it does seem an odd thing to say. But who knows what the logic is. Probably testing the index controllers as well. :laughing:

Definitely makes no sense. Maybe @PimaxUSA can explain this odd statement of needing to test a 3rdparty product.

2 Likes

You mean when facts are completely made up and promulgated as genuine information? He has no inside information (and nor do you btw on your assertion related to the power supplies also completely wrong) on how these parts are delivered to us, the agreement that is in place or any other knowledge of any kind on the matter. Yet you and he regularly post as if you do indeed have inside knowledge of our dealings. Sorry but we will not tolerate promulgation of outright false information offered as “true”.

That is due to vague posts that make very little sense. So why not elaborate with clear info so your posts are not misinterpreted?

Just a thought. I am glad other pimax officials seem to understand consumer concerns.

9 Likes

Unfortunately some details are not possible to discuss, however that does not give free “license” to create your own “facts” with zero information about how these parts are delivered and the requirements from partners at your disposal.

2 Likes

I’m not going to be lured into a pointless conversation. Your mind is closed.

13 Likes