RTX 30 Series Discussion - Part 2

You can also use the RTX Stock bot on Discord https://stockdrops.net/

I got notified of stock on Newegg.ca and the 3090 ROG Strix was available. It was up for a full 2 minutes before going out of stock. Had it in my cart but I resisted buying since I already have a 3090 and don’t need the Strix lol.

4 Likes

My first build.

9 Likes

that’s a lot of glass, looks good though.

2 Likes

Looks a damn sight prettier than mine.

2 Likes

How’s the temperatures of the card under load?

Honestly I haven’t even test anything. What software should I use to run the test? And I haven’t tried to mess with the OC settings yet. I just turned it on to see if it work and it was a success.

My house is a mess and I need space clearance to test the headset.

There are a lot of fans as you can see. The top 3 fans and one on the left are for exhaust and the right and bottom 3 fans are for intake. The 3 fans on the right, I am doing the push pull technique…so there are actually 3 more fans on other side that you can’t see in the picture because it is attached to the cooler. So I imagine it will cool the entire case…it’s pretty quiet and chill when I turn it on.

1 Like

Not sure if you are right - virtually every day I get an email from a stock alert program pointing me to a supplier that really has 3090s in stock - and I do check and they are available (and I’m always very tempted with the ‘next day delivery’ - but not quite enough to spend £1700). OK, these are not 3080’s but I get the feeling that we are not far away from 3080’s becoming available and at the point when they are generally available (which I suspect will be in a couple of weeks) their price/performance won’t look so attractive and pressure will be on Nivida to pull the ti out of the bag! It won’t then be June/July before these become generally available with AMD kicking at their heals - I reckon February/March to be able to pick one up (that’s my guess/hope anyways!!)

Edit: but even if it is June/July it’s worth the wait for the around £600 saving over the overpriced 3090 IMO - guess it depends on how much money you have!!

It’s easier to get 3090 than 3080 that’s for sure. But getting Palit 3080 it’s not the same as Asus Strix or TUF. Depend what you want :wink: I’m very happy with my 3090 msi gaming x trio. Didn’t want to wait few months to get Asus.

Just did some tests using Superposition. I am getting a score of 18,219 in performance for 4K w/ load temp in around 58 to 65 Celsius. This is for OC.

Without OC:

4 Likes

ok, the 3090 wins against turing. congrats
now the 3080 please!

2 Likes

dstar :wink:
Gruß

2 Likes

thats your TiRex? @Lucivr
For 3080 i have found this

2 Likes

@reptilexcq I have 3090 and can’t go higher than +90 Core +200 memory.

How high could you go on core and memory slider?

For me it depends on the power limit, with an oc like my strix oc I can go higher but it comes with higher Temps. Take a look on msi afterburner and power limit. The 3090 oc strix got a power limit of 123%

I got the Gaming X Trio as well. Flashing the 500W Evga bios is a perfect match. All ports works.

With Core Voltage, Power Limit, Temp Limit and Fans sliders maxed I can run +165 +900.
14796 in Port Royal.
AIO, liquid metal 8700k @ 5.1, ring 4.7, 4x8 3700MHz cl15-15-15-35 on a sad and tired z370 mobo.

2 Likes

I have 3090 msi gaming x trio and I did undervolting (850mV @ 1945Mhz +200 Memory)

My port royal score is 13907 and Superposition benchmark gave me 17459

My max power usage is 298W. From the other side your max power usage is probably ~400W or even higher.
I don’t really think your score is good enough with such a high power draw.
in VR you will get maybe 2fps more than me.

@StaffanStuff @reptilexcq you should reconsider undervolting. 12*C lower and over 100W less power draw with ~4% worse score vs yours OC score.

*and I’m using stock air cooling :wink:

3 Likes

I can go +170 Core and +1130 memory.

Port Royal Score: 14,225

1 Like

Yeah undervolting seems nice. I will try it some day.

1 Like

Personally I hit some instability when I try to set the power limit too high on my Stix 2090. I think it might be my aging psu but i tried substituting the gpu power with two other smaller psu’s i had and while it improved a bit it it still wont let me throw 123% at it. So currently I’m having a stable gpu +100mhz and mem +200mhz. I can get them higher but then it starts becoming benchmark dependent what crashes or not.

2 Likes

Yeap that’s exactly my point. It’s very bad result and I think you are pushing too hard. Did you check your max power draw?

You got 14,225 with very high clocks, power draw reaching limit (probably ~400W or more), temperature goes higher, electricity bill going up and lifespan of your gpu will be shorter. And you did all of this to get ~2% more.

My port royal score is 13907 with undervolting. You got only 2% more but at what cost.

In VR 2% means you will get ~1 fps more… What’s the point?

You should check this video:

3 Likes