Rigid Headstrap from AliEx with Printed Speakers

Hey guys,

As I shown yesterday on another thread I got this headstrap made for Quest 1 on AliExpress

I printed some hinges to make this fit
hingesoculuspimax
And it was great, confort is outstanding lol

so I had to add it speakers, I used the one I had on my previous https://community.openmr.ai/t/printed-8k-5k-headstrap-with-headphones/22068/17
and voila :

As I noted in the post, I used drivers from cheap AE headphones and the sound is amazing, if the DAS as a 7/10, KDMAS a 7,5/10 (because of huge bass) this one is 10/10…hardly can be better.
Rubber bands are for maintaining pressure on the ears.

I will pack every files and put this on Thingiverse in case someone want try it out.
Edit : Rigid Headstrap for Pimax Headsets with Additional Speakers by adonfff - Thingiverse

12 Likes

wich speakers did u use?

1 Like

This looks very interesting apart from the speakers :wink:. I believe @DrWilken has mentioned some headphones from Aliexpress which you can mount on the headstrap. Maybe these could be easier to add?

2 Likes

Some from a similar headset https://aliexpress.com/item/32824957700.html and printed the cup/bowl with foam https://aliexpress.com/item/32969877364.html you can get also on AE.

I really dont think they have a such good sound as the one I printed have.
For some reasons…it must be about the cup and bowl, smallers, because they are really amazing, it was from my son’s headphone with no longer working mic and I just kept the inside speakers.
Everyone is always like DAS have such a good sound etc etc…I have 2 DAS at home and the sound they have is much less good that the ones I have on my new (and old) headstrap.
But yes nothing else to print and you can get them on easily they are the Oculus model that should fit to this strap in a click.

3 Likes

Ah, ok, so you mean you kept the drivers from the son’s headphones and printed the new shells for them. That is a totally different game :smiley:.

2 Likes

Its funny,we buy a 1300 dollar pimax 8kx and still we need some good audio solution,even the headsets from ali express sounds better…

4 Likes

Yes, thats it, used the drivers and printed shells :slight_smile: Thanks for the vocabulary :+1:

Can you tell me exactly how wide the part is that you put the headphones onto
I would like to know if my Bionik Mantis will fit

1 Like

Hi Ludiks, i would like to try this but i see it’s only shipping from China, the shipping from France and the US is not availlable.
Did you have the same problem?

I did. Apparently they ship from France only to France. But I found another store, which shipped the same thing from Czech rep. to Czech rep. :wink:.

3 Likes

Thanks do you have the link to that store? I can try if it works for The Netherlands

1 Like

Not at hand, but if you search for the same thing, you will find it. It seems there are several stores which are using the same shipping / warehouse method. The same way you can find different stores shipping from France (to France), you can find several stores shipping from e.g. Czech Rep. to Czech Rep. But I have some doubts they will ship to Netherlands.

2 Likes

It is 25mm wide.:point_right::point_left:

2 Likes

2 Likes

There are all the needed files if someone want to print this out

3 Likes

I’m so incredibly happy with this headstrap! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thanks @Ludiks
Sorry Pimax but this is way more comfortable for me, it’s like having another lighter headset, and its more stable on my head.
And it’s easier to put it on as i can tillt it 90 degrees.
A 3d print isn’t even necessary as it is secure with only one screw!

2 Likes

I am glad you are ! Thanks for feedback !

Oh…oh yeah why not, it works, smart move !:clap:

2 Likes

Thanks, glad to let people know it works :slight_smile: I use to make musical instruments so i’m trained to think about solutions with assembling, often the simple ones are the best.
There is almost no pressure on the screw so it can be simple

1 Like

Yes its just to avoid it to pop out on the side. :muscle::+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.