Reverb G2 shipping now?

Spacers? Do you mean shims? :wink:

EDIT: Oh, you are referring to distance from eyes to lenses. This is about adjusting focus, which is usually something you would only want to do once, ideally based on an eyeglasses prescriptionā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m referring to adjusting the distance between lenses and eyes i.e. eye reliefā€¦ :wink:

3 Likes

Hey letā€™s make oneā€¦ maybe we can ā€œinventā€ it :wink:

4 Likes

No, I was actually referring to eye reflief, as in adjusting the vertex distance between cornea and and lens.

This has a significant impact on sweetspot and distortion for many users and would be a fantastic addon for a custom facial interface.

5 Likes

Now that the backer box arrived I can attest that the thicker foam works better for me.

@Djonko I can never go back to small FOV.

4 Likes

Iā€˜m eagerly awaiting mine too :slight_smile:
Yes the Pimax FOV has a nice touch, but with everything involved, Iā€˜m tiredā€¦

Just a small side story:
Iā€˜ve refunded the extension cable that Pimax did not produce or deliver. So far so goodā€¦
But they graciously covered half of the Kickstarter fee, so i only get 4% less of the money back for a product that never existed instead of 8% less for money payed in advance years ago. what luck, what fortuneā€¦

This time I spared myself the discussion to explain why this is an incredible chutzpah, since this characterizes business practices with repeated patterns perfectly. Back on the 8kX refund issues I had they strength to write loads messages, pms, tickets to get my full money back.

1 Like

The start of shipping is apparently imminent. reddit hp_reverb_g2_shipping

6 Likes

im not following. install blue and red leds where?

what IS the return policy on the 8kX if youā€™re an upgrader anyway?

1 Like

In my playspace to provide the WMR cameras with sufficient light for tracking.

As I will only us the G2 for simracing, Iā€™ll just light the space surrounding my motion sim accordingly.

2 Likes

Thanks thatā€™s awesome news!

3 Likes

Roll on canā€™t wait thank you for sharing the good news :clap:

1 Like
1 Like

Look how easy that was with the phone camera to get a sweet spot(this is very very hard).

Thats a realy good sign about the sweetspot for the G2.
Also brightness and colorsā€¦ cant wait to recieve my unit!

3 Likes

Agreed, man this is really exciting, canā€™t wait to try it out, hopefully theyā€™ll ship soon

2 Likes

5 Likes

Just read someoneā€™s hands on g2 experience, said its very clear, took a bit adjusting to get to the sweetspot, side of lens has blurring, from a first vr headset ownerā€™s perspective.

3 Likes

i think he didnt set the ipd rightā€¦

I had a quick read but here it is, was rushing to work lol

3 Likes

Hopefully someone will do a 8kx vs g2 through the lens, Iā€™m very interested in the color and blacks,.

4 Likes