[Resolved]New 5k+ audio port broken

So i got my Pimax in Saturday, No leapmotion included (as expected)

setup as a bit annoying, but got it workings, however the built in Audio port is broken, when i plug any head phones in i will get no audio in all or in one ear. i found they if a move the cable around a bit it will cut in and out. so the audio port seems to not be fully mounted into the headset and the port inside moves and i cant get a full headphone connect IE both ears with audio.

Also i believe there is something wrong with the display port cable, as i can see green dots, which are signs of cable issues.

however i cannt create a support ticket so i emailed the Contact us and got a reply to create a ticket…
when i try to log into the support page is gives me a error, “Sorry, your username and password are incorrect - please try again.”

When i choose “forgot password” it doesnt send a email, but i would assume the password is the same as my Pimax account. Lastly if i try to make a account i get "

Error

Signup is not currently available"
Hope this can get fixed ASAP!

P.s. when should i expect my leapmotion aswell?

2 Likes

Backer or pre order?

Hand tracking module not released yet (no backer haa it yet) will ship when ready. Date?

pre order, ordered Oct 30th

cant get into their support to create a ticket!

@anon74848233 @Doman.Chen

1 Like

Support site is being worked on being fixed.

1 Like

ah okay, thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

There was a problem with the audio port but havnt heard of this in a while so I thought it had been addressed and fixed before the US backers got their HMD

1 Like

Please PM me with details,thanks.

1 Like

I have the exact same problem with my audio jack. I just got my Pimax 5K+ today. Pre-order P108X. Everything else is perfect with it but the audio jack is faulty. :frowning:

Edit: I seem to also have a faulty cable as I’m getting the speckled pixels on black backgrounds problem.

Disclaimer: this may accerlate the apperance of cracks because of added stress on the housing.

Unfortunately the only way to fix it is to send it back to Pimax.
In case you have audio in one ear and you can get stereo if you push the jack in a certain position you can try this.

pimax%20-%20audio%20jack%20workaround%20(2)

1 Like

I sent my Pimax in for repair, i really need it back! i setup a VR party for the 6th of April and would love to show off my Pimax. Oddly my brother order at the same time and hasn’t gotten his yet, i was expecting for one of us to have our headset.

2 Likes

I have also the Problem with headphone jack from day 1. There is a great travel.
jack plug is very loose. Also have the Problems with the Cable (white flashes).
And have Problmes to find the right ipd.

I have my 5k plus since 2 weeks. I am backer. 66xx

@mozi

1 Like

@anon74848233 please add to earlybackers.

Added mozi to your post.

would you give me your SUP number, I try to speed up it.

1 Like

Hi could you give me your SUP number? I’ll push internally

1 Like

sent you a Private message

1 Like

I have the same jack problem… your solution is really ghetto but seems to work.

Maybe i should try the “solder on the tip” trick from this thread : https://community.openmr.ai/t/replied-audio-jack-not-working-on-left-side-supen-2004/15235/4

2 Likes

I’ve got this issue too. Audio only in one ear unless I can just find the absolute precise point where suddenly both work…until you move a nanometer and it’s gone.
I really don’t want to send it back and go into the crazy void of waiting for pimax again…can I get permission to open it up and fix the audio jack myself without voiding warranty? (I’m experienced in fine soldering and audio jacks. I also suspect it just needs the audio jack that’s there secured better, it seems loose, and doesn’t need a new jack soldered in.)
@mozi

3 Likes

Was my guess too, would be awesome if backers could be allowed to open up and fix (if just badly secured).

3 Likes

Supporting the self repair petition. :+1:

Decapper’s audio jack fishing method might be a solution for some.

https://community.openmr.ai/t/replied-audio-jack-not-working-on-left-side-supen-2004/15235/5

But everyone should be careful with this suggestion, me as a master craftsman :joy::rofl: failed, and subjectively it’s even worse now.

1 Like

Sorry to here that… what might be better is rma… I put a small dab of solder on my headphone jack which fixed it… but if course I rma and now have a working replacement, about 3week turn around

2 Likes