[Resolved]New 5k+ audio port broken

not sure if would work but can’t see why not…:thinking:

definitely getting one to try ( and good to have if not )
looks like can be plug on top usb and hidden behind face pad .

2 Likes

how nice for you! i posted this 30+ days ago and STILL haven’t gotten my headset back!!!

@anon74848233 @mozi

Definitely

Good idea and thanks for the advice.

Not sure if I’ve confused the terms but I thought fitting a tiny metal ring to where the tip of the plug narrows would make a difference. Given that I have to put my plug at quite an angle in order for the left channel to connect, I must admit I was a optimistic :smile:

Give it a go :+1:. In my case I’d like to reserve the port for the aroma module :joy:.
Otherwise bluetooth and an audio extension cable are valid options.

1 Like

i also prefer wireless but it s still a good option i think

2 Likes

I have a cheap pair of ebay usb-c earbuds w/mic on the way too, I’ll report back on how they go.

2 Likes

Can you post a pic of the plug you are inserting into the headset? Sounds almost like you are using a TRRS plug instead of a TRS plug…

2 Likes

hi, received my 5k+ yesterday and i have the same issues as you, the audio port is kinda loose and the audio only works fiddling around with the cable on the port.

backer #4966

just opened support SUPEN-3376

2 Likes

Top is the TRS plug which had stereo for a limited amount of time and bottom a TRRS plug reference which I never used with the hmd.
tsr%20vs%20tssr%20plug%20sm

My front panel is developing cracks all over the place, as PimaxUSA explained it’s because some of the panels suffered hairline tears during the manufacturing process.

Wedging something between the case and the audio plug might accelerate the problem due to added stress.

2 Likes

Great, I have seen quite a few people using trrs plugs instead of the trs :). Wow another cracking case, PimaxUSA said it was a limited batch that were affected if I remember correctly… Yours must be one of them as well hopefully… otherwise maybe we can all expect cracking cases?

3 Likes

I think it’s from cheap plastic and squeezing the sides when we put it on. I’ve had mine make a noise when putting it on by holding the sides… not cracked yet :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Not sure the plastic is cheap, but it sure seems very weak !! Seem to be a lot of headsets cracking…

3 Likes

Indeed weak & cheap do not always go hand & hand.

New pitool beta out with some goodies haven’t tested yet.

1 Like

I managed to get stereo but the audio cut out from time to time when the pimax cable banged against the plug. My idea was to buy a short audio extension cable and get it into a fixed position.
Unfortunately I only managed to find a set of adapters. (could have also used the audio splitter)

Audio Jack Adapters

audio%20jack%20adapter%2035%2063

It worked like a charm, even passed the left/right channel test without fiddling with the jack position.
After plugging it in for the second time I heard a William Wallace like scream “Freedom” and then there was only silence.

TLDR

RIP audio jack 27-Feb-2019 - 13-Apr-2019

Audio extension cable it is then.

1 Like

just a update, got my 5k back from RMA, everything is working good now

5 Likes