[Replied]Where are the remaining EU and Australian Backer Headsets?

Yeah while it doesnt necessary mean much, I think most of the people who got the tracking number today had the tracking status changed from waiting the parcel to parcel reseived to the shipping company and got the estimated delivery date.

3 Likes

Here in Aus I believe there’s been tracking numbers kicking around for up to 2 weeks with nothing happening.
I’m 3 days in, Fedex don’t have anything and don’t know when they will. Tell us to contact supplier and ask why they haven’t handed over package.

4 Likes

Same here. How the hell did Pimax get a tracking number without even handing over the headsets, and why would they send it out to us if they hadn’t even shipped yet? I don’t understand what the hell is happening here

Unfortunately, I still run into this problem on a continual basis. Character conversion isn’t hard, but there are many opportunities for issues to sneak in.

The engineering suite I work on uses: 8 bit chars (using language code-pages), wide chars, Unicode chars, CString, QString, std::string and these strings all need to be exchanged between different program modules, which consist of well over 1m lines of code.

It’s way harder than is should be. Not every character can be represented in many of these string types.

2 Likes

They go online to print off labels. About 24 hours after the label is purchased the tracking number is live and the status should be “shipping information recieved by FedEx”.
Pimax then put the label onto the pimax and hand it to FedEx. Unfortunately it looks like a shipment has gone missing in Hong Kong.
Ive tried for about a week to contact everyone and anyone at Pimax with absolutely no response.

1 Like

Now the 8K backers are getting tracking numbers… and the AUS/NZ headsets which were supposedly shipping before CNY are nowhere to be found. Where are the headsets, Pimax?

2 Likes

What is happening with the 5k+ headsets at the HK warehouse? @PimaxUSA

3 Likes

I was told the stuck ones are finally fixed.

4 Likes

Thanks but we Aussie backers still have no tracking numbers

2 Likes

It was stuck in HK that doesn’t make them appear at the freight forwarder in AU yet. It’s the regular cycle for that batch.

1 Like

Don’t they get sent from HK via FedEx?

3 Likes

I thought HK was the freight forwarder .

3 Likes

This is what Dallas has been telling us for months.

I understand this and myself use applications which only support restricted character sets. But it is hard to believe that international shipping company would do it.
Pimax being Chinese company is probably forced to use Unicode anyway.
I suspect that questionary which had other problems too. People filling it many times and still got it wrong. Pimax unable to retrieve data from there and then having to confirm by email would suggest that data were perhaps stored wrong.

2 Likes

Any news for our Aussie friends? Did you receive the tracking number already?

My package meanwhile at least made it to Germany and is currently sitting only a 2h drive away in a DPD warehouse near Frankfurt.

The British DPD site tells me delivery on Tuesday but i hope that they will deliver it tomorrow as on the German DPD site they have a delivery window between 23. and 25. Fingers crossed they deliver and that the HMD is without any major flaws.

4 Likes

Agreed. It’s much more likely to have been a problem with Survey Monkey. However, that’s still Pimax’s fault. They never should have used an insecure data collection method like that, in the first place.

4 Likes

Yeah, the monkey got us now.

4 Likes

I have spoken to FedEx multiple times and they’ve always said that are waiting to receive it in Hong Kong. As soon as they receive the package in Hong kong, then the tracking number will be updated to reflect it beginning its journey to Australia.

4 Likes

So this morning my tracking number actually means something to Fedex. They know the size and weight of the parcel, that it will be handed over in Hong Kong and delivered to my address and that it has been told to them that it will be handed over on 22 Feb. However it’s 24 Feb now. Fedex only just got this information in last 24 hours. They don’t have the parcel.
I’ll be overseas and still trying to redirect it but Fedex need the parcel first.

2 Likes

So your headset is definitely been sent from HK directly to you ? Because according to @PimaxUSA AU headsets are shipped from HK to another freight forwarder in Australia before being sent to backers .

1 Like