[Replied]Pimax have stated ~1500 HMDs have been shipped - Yet I have no tracking number (backer 966)

You funded kickstarter, be happy anything is even being shipped!

1 Like

Yeah, they took what they thought was the easy way out by stopping the emails entirely. Or maybe I am being unfair and it isn’t why at all, it may be they are just a small team and cannot devote somone to send scores or portentially hundreds of emails every few days.

Not to give them excuses but Pimax is a startup. They are not a well oiled machine that has been doing products and shipping for years (like HTC, or Sony) Obviously this is all new to them and we are the guinea pigs since we deiced to back an un-experienced company with no history on mass development of a devices. (sure they have the 4k but the sold a VERY limited amount) It’s fine to ask them for better information. I think they are sharing a lot more then most companies would ever share. We need to relax and cut them slack and ask for improvement with out being ass’s about it. Maybe my attitude on this will change if they start shipping to non backers before all backers orders are fulfilled but that does not seem to be happening (yet)

1 Like

yes could well be it was the easy solution for them but its an important part of being a company i think, i hope they will learn from this

hehehe (hehehehehehe)

i had overrated them as a company because of the 4k, was thinking they had the experience allready with large production, shipping etc.
I bought my 4k from a warehouse in the UK, costumer service was good for me at the time. As i got a defect one There was fast replacement and good costumerservice. Even a few months later pimax mailed me if everything was oke. So wasn’t expecting this bumpy ride

1 Like

Would that have been some thing to do with, Defective Devices, pore customer support, poor communication.
No wait that’s the 5k+ 8K. :grinning:
One of the reasons I never got the 4K.
You would think they would learn from past experiences. don`t look like it though :thinking:

“Would that have been some thing to do with, Defective Devices, pore customer support, poor communication”
No, no one really knew about the 4k, there was no kickstarter and barely any press on the device.

Well I found it ok when I was looking for what was about at the time, think it had been out about 4 months but got put off by what I was reading at the time.

Funny, I was just thinking that! It took me 5 months (end of March to mid August) to get my Rift and throughout the entire delayed process there was not a word out of Oculus. If I get my Pimax in January, then it’ll be 3 months and I’ve had communication of some sort on almost every step of the way. Somewhat confusing communication, which is a good example of “be careful what you ask for”, but communication! Heck, I’m even hearing from the freaking president of the company on a regular basis!
Pretty significant improvements, from my point of view! That Rift launch really sucked!!! Thank god for the Vive! And, please don’t strike me, HTC. (shudder -that was hard to say!):rofl:
But I still see this as a step up. Not that it makes the delays any easier, but it does give me a perspective that’s easier on my blood pressure.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

@peteo for the moment I still believe nothoing was shipped at all, I have no proof my headset was sent

you are wrong they already are selling and sending to non backers, the proof has been shown in another topic

1 Like

@CyrilJ

That’s not Proof. That’s speculation

1 Like

that’s a fact, check the topic again, we have proof headsets have been sold, shipped and received by non backers customers in Japan and Korea

Fact, haha its fact when Pimax says yes we have been shipping stock to this shady web site to have them sell HMD’s before backers get them

1 Like

https://community.openmr.ai/t/replied-allip-started-selling-8k-5k-5kbe-in-korea-and-is-not-a-pre-order/12058/197?u=possyguset

1 Like

Please don’t worry too much. The delivery issue is not just a logistics. There are many other issues, such as Kickstarter backers not responding to Pimax support confirm email, backers addresses distributed across all continents, and so on.
I know that everyone is confused about not receiving a tracking number. This week, our team will confirm the following shipping plans and shipping rules with the logistics company.
I will give you a satisfactory answer as soon as possible. Thanks.

14 Likes

Welcome back Matthew.Xu

1 Like

is there a seperate confirm email? i only got the survey on dec 5th. can i pm you my backer# to be sure that everything is confirmed?

Do you have a response to the survey?