[Replied]Pimax have stated ~1500 HMDs have been shipped - Yet I have no tracking number (backer 966)

Backer #496 in Europa, and I responded to the choice email immediatly around 9 weeks ago, and still nothing here, no headset, no tracking number, no answer from support, just unbearable apologies!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

2 Likes

I also saw a post today where backer #350ish had 450ish havnt received their HMD either. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

thats really strange. I am 646 got mine a couple days ago, 5k+ Switzerland.
the shipping went UK, FR, CH so you should have yours long ago.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure it does. Different warehouses, customs screening, and shippers.

I contacted support and people from pimax and they answered me but just apologies, no clear information, I know my pimax should have been sent but I donā€™t know when and I have no tracking numberā€¦

@anon74848233

I donā€™t complain much here, BUT I really agree with the OP.

As it is, No one has any idea if there headset will arrive tomorrow, next week, next month. or has it even been made for him? Because the tracking numbers are sometimes late to arrive, We currently have no idea if itā€™s safe to go on vacation or not. Would the HMD arrive the day after we leave or months later?

I understand that previous early notification caused confusion with a handful of Idiots, but itā€™s not fair, to punish 5000 backers and keep them in the dark because of a few people that lack intelligence.

You didnā€™t need to sent a PRE- tracking number, but only a note that states that the shipping process has begun, and a tracking number should arrive within a few weeks.? How is that a problem?

Pox on those earlier whiners that caused this situationā€¦

8 Likes

I agree completely on this. I just got an update from UPS that my headset will be delivered this Friday. Backer #678, U.S. And I can say at 99% sure I wont get an email before its delivered from you guys with said tracking number.

wow Iā€™m 672. Nothing! Canada!

Well I just got an email from Pimax with a tracking number before its delivery. Although itā€™s one day before the delivery itā€™s a start. Hope everyone else with lower numbers than mine get theres soon. Sucks seeing others higher up get them but itā€™s all about location for shipping. Bulk or single shipments.

1 Like

@Pimax-Support @Sean.Huang @PimaxVR @Matthew.Xu
@anon74848233 gave me the same answer 15 days ago, and again today.

IT IS NOT ENOUGH !!
We are very early backers within #3xx and "4xx range and I think we deserve more precise answer than the usual bs ā€œYour headset has sent out,We will send individual tracking number after oversea warehouse start second round delivery.ā€
We gave you our informations and confirmation 9-10 WEEKS AGO !!!

we want to know WHEN our headsets were send, WHEN it is due to arrive at the warehouse ! WHY is it taking SO LONG ?! WHY backers even now in the #16xx - #17xx range already are receiving their headset and not US ?!

IT IS NOT ENOUGH NOW !!! WE WANT CONCRETE INFORMATIONS !!

2 Likes

Any chance Pimax can check on backer #1401 - Located in the US - From the Math it should be in queue (but as we all know, we cant confirm anythingā€¦) - I just want to make sure that it wont it on the porch too long on the delivery day when I am out at Google HQ for some meetings at the end of January - My wife will be home, but I want to make sure I can give her a heads up, assuming I will get it by the end of Januaryā€¦

@anon74848233 your team will choke on these individual requests because the shipping process takes so long.

4 Likes

I think the problem is peoples patience has gone out the window, now that some backers have their headsets. Itā€™s a numbers game now. However, may I remind folks how bad the original Rift release was in 2016. A right royal mess.

3 Likes

Yes that is true and quite natural, but itā€™s something Pimax can not do anything about. Pimax could however speed up the shipping process and explain the situation better.
I mean why are there thousands of units sitting in their warehouse waiting to be sent out?
Additional quality checks? Ummmmmā€¦ Naah donā€™t think so.

1 Like

It all could have been avoided with a simple bit of thought on the part of Pimax. When they first started shipping they sent emails to people with the tracking details to the local distrubution centres. Some people misinterpreted this as being posted to their home address and complained that their HMD had not arrived even though the tracking said it would arrive soon.

Pimax should have sent a simple email with no tracking info, only that the HMD has been shipped to your distribution centre.

"Dear backer number xxxx. Your HMD has been sent to our regional distrubution centre. Once custom checks have been completed your HMD will be posted from your regional distrbution centre and tracking will be provided.

Please allow up to 8 weeks for processing and delivery from the date of this email."

No ambiguity, no confusion. Just a simple heads up that the HMD is on its way and it could be up to 8 weeks for delivery. Yet instead of changing the wording of the email to avoid confusion, they opted to stop communicating entirely. That was a a bad idea in my opinion and why we are seeing so much frustration on the forums.

Had I got one of these emails when the HMD was sent to the regional distrubution centre then I would not have had to come here to rant at Pimax until I got some info.

4 Likes

just to clarify, donā€™t they send an email now when they send the headset ?

1 Like

I think the problem is that theyā€™ve been caught lying again, shipping out headsets to businesses while they promised not to do that. Why would anyone believe them again now? These guys just donā€™t care at all about telling the truth or rewarding the people who have put their faith in them.

2 Likes

No, they did for the first batch but some people thought it meant delivery to their home address as opposed to the regional distrubution centres. They complained so Pimax stopped sending the emails.

So now the problem is people are waiting on average 7.45 weeks and in some cases far longer for a tracking email, or actual delivery. All with a complete email blackout from Pimax.

Seeing a chart saying Pimax have shipped 1515 headsets by 27/12/12 does nothing other than piss many people off, because if itā€™s true where is the HMDs for significant numbers of backers well below that number?

In the meantime Pimax seem to be shipping HMD to retailers for immediate sale.

This is why many people are starting to lose, or have lost patience with Pimax.

2 Likes

Thanks man, its really weird they donā€™t send out any message at all when shipped, because of people didnā€™t understand things, they just have to clarify that when sending the email as you said.
If they donā€™t send any comformation at all no wonder people get so pissed.
The idea of not sending an comformation after shipping is so weird to me that i even didnā€™t consider that.

I wonder if thereā€™s a disconnect between the people doing PR and the failure of upper management to understand they need to keep the promises made by the communications department

1 Like