[Replied]Pimax have stated ~1500 HMDs have been shipped - Yet I have no tracking number (backer 966)

I know Pimax have stated in the past that the tracking details will be forwarded from the local warehouse and not directly from them. What I am getting a bit annoyed at is that Pimax could at least post an email to each backer saying “your HMD has been forwarded to your local warehouse”. I don’t mind if there is no tracking, just an email saying “it’s on its way”.

1. I changed my pledge from 8K to 5K and I can accept that some 8K units have been sent to later backers than me.

2. I can accept that some free HMDs have been sent to youtubers

3. I can accept that there are delays in QC

4. I can accept it is a Kicksarter that at least looks like it is being fulfilled

5. I can accept being patient for over a year

What I can’t accept is that almost 6 weeks have passed since my last email from Pimax saying “we will ship your HMD ASAP and send you the tracking details”. Pimax are unable to sent a simple direct email saying your HMD is on its way and your courier will contact you with shipping details in the next few weeks.

@anon74848233 can we please get some better info on what backers have had headsets sent and where they are in the shipping process?

Thanks

7 Likes

1298 here no tracking number either, I changed from 8k to 5k too, thought that wasn’t going to put you back in the queue though?

1 Like

it’s normal…
Tracking number will come when headset is ready to leave your country’s warehouse and be delivered to you.
How long it takes depends on the country/customs/shipping company…etc
As mentioned in other post some backer even got the headset before the tracking info.
Of course would be nice to get more info about the process.

2 Likes

See for me that’s the problem because we shouldn’t be accepting this as, “normal”. It comes to something when 6-8 weeks average wait time (7.45 weeks to be exact) from “choice” email to delivery is deemed as “normal”. Especially in an almost total communications blackout from Pimax for keeping backers informed via emails.

Are our HMDs still with Pimax?
Is it under QC
Are they with customs?
Are they with local distribution centres?
With my local courier?
In a van to be delivered?

we sholdn’t expect updated every step of the way, but bloody hell is to too much to expect even a basic update on their HMD status to each backers email account?

No personal attack on you intended.

4 Likes

@ICDP

Sorry, just now we have checked it and your headset have sent to oversea warehouse, and we will send you tracking number once it leave the warehouse. Please be patient.

2 Likes

There is no good reason for them not sending an email to confirm shipment of the headset from China. If, as we presume, it is only due to poor communication then they would be doing themselves a favour by sending them to avoid all the negativity that not sending them creates. The fact that there is very little cost or reason not to do so does encourage all the conspiracy theories since many will be wondering what the “real” reason is that they don’t. FYI I am a high 900’s backer and am in the same boat (for my HMD possibly literally!).

@DIRTYRIDER

Yeah, we could see you have changed it to 5K, now it haven’t send out to oversea warehouse, it is in the queue.
We will inform of you for the latest status for shipping.

3 Likes

They initially sent the china tracking to backers which was confusing everyone, as in the most part its meaningless to the end user and added to the confusion since half the info made no sense. So I think that may in part be why they stopped. But they should at least say its on its way and people will get tracking once ready to send from warehouse in approx 2-4 weeks depending on your country and customs.

6 Likes

yes - that is exactly what I am suggesting - any confusion would be a result of what is said in the email and not the email itself. A simply worded email seems like a no brainer.

3 Likes

Thanks Sean, I do appreciate the feedback but should it not be possible for this kind of info to be sent in an email when the HMD was shipped to the overseas warehouse? To be honest I already suspected this would be the case. But the fact we are relying on a community backer tracker spreadsheet to glean info is not ideal.

I feel that a simple email that lets each backer know progress is being made would be a good idea. Not the actual tracking details but a “your HMD is now en-route to your local distribution centre, please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery depending upon your countries customs laws and processes”.

Thanks

4 Likes

Thanks, but if I’d know that I’d have probably stuck to the 8k

2 Likes

@ICDP

Usually it will spend about 1-2 weeks on shipping to oversea warehouse after it leave from Shanghai.
When it arrive the warehouse, the tracking will generate and send to you by email.
We will try our best to provide more detailed shipping statue later on.

3 Likes

And when will my HMD be shipped then, how far back in the queue am i ?

@Sean.Huang can you tell which is last backer number you sent 8k and which you sent 5k?

1 Like

…and whether there are any backers before that number that haven’t had the headset sent yet. I was being patient but now @Sean.Huang 's message above saying that backer 1,298 is still in the queue when the official update says that over 1,600 have already been sent has got me concerned that Pimax are skipping shipments.

2 Likes

This is what has prompted me to logon to post my concerns.

I am backer 966 and noticed people around me receiving HMDs even though there were a lot of people way before me asking “where’s my HMD”. It’s the lack of consistency and communications.

We can’t be accused of not being patient either after a year :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I agree i’m 867 and 1302 has got theirs and 812 has got theirs days ago but me support wont even replay to the request for info I have sent.

2 Likes

I wonder if this has anything to do with the country where you live. I am 804 and have noticed that, while there are much higher numbers in other countries, the US (where I live) has many others below me without headsets as well.

Hi,
Can you maybe check for me if there are any headsets shipped to the Nederlands
.im backer 1150, thanks you.

Backer #892 in the USA. I immediately responded to the shipping email never got a response. I’ve since sent several more emails without response. I’ve been very patient through this whole process but the lack of response is frustrating.

4 Likes