[Replied]O no my pimax 5kplus cracked!

I did a quick search. That is most likely to be an application issue, not a USB issue. If you are running a browser, that might be the source of the error message, since many of the topics I found relate to HTML.

2 Likes

It sounds like you have exactly the same problem as I have with my headset.
I had an idea that it something to do with the on/off switch on the headset so I always switch it at the mains.
I have pulled the cable out from the headset so it disconnects and pushed it in again and suddenly it will start working stably or not.
I have stopped and started PiServiceLauncher from the Services and then it did sometimes work again.
I have ended the pi_server.exe from the Processes and restarted it from the Pimax runtime folder and one time it started working stably again. If you do that you will get a log in a DOS window which might give you extra information.
When it is working stably again it might work for 1-2 days and then I put it on and all hell breaks loose and I just get constant disconnecting and reconnecting or losing tracking and regaining tracking.
Pimax tech has had a look via teamviewer and the net result is that it is a hardware error so I am getting a replacement which I haven’t received yet.
This is the weirdest error that I have ever seen and I have no idea what is happening to cause it.

3 Likes

Something to do with qt programing. Try a reinstall of pitool might fix.

2 Likes

You had freezing image 1-1.5 sec before reboot? And after reboot
a game continue work as here?

1 Like

Can you try a different power supply?

1 Like

If it was power supply then it was just reboot with black screen, but here is 1-1.5 sec freezing image (somitime 2 frames blinking image) and rebooting.

1 Like

Yes, I have exactly the same but sometimes doing what I said in the previous post caused it to work for a while again however I have had enough of trying to get it to work and have gone back to my Vive for the moment which still works perfectly after 2 1/2 years.

@Heliosurge I have reinstalled various versions of Pitool numerous times.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear hopefully they get you up & running on the 11th.

Maybe someone else had this issue? Did you make new discussion about this?

Not been on these forums for quite a while. Catching up on posts and seen this thread with almost 400 replies and all them different user photos. So glad I cancelled my pre-order over a month ago. Damn shame! Hope you all get these replaced.

3 Likes

The team while it is slow at times is being good with replacing units with cracks. At last official statement of units at the time shipped is under 3% overal for unit failures including more thsn housing. This percentage is still much higher than a company would prefer to have (Parts Per Million) but in perspective us much lower than Nvidia’s RTX failure rate.

In any event it always sucks to have to rma anything.

5 Likes

I started a thread called Stability problems on Jan 12 but the only person that I have read with the same problems till now is you.

3 Likes

Just received an email from @Sean.Huang about sending replacement 5k+ for cracked casing.
But in the email it’s requesting I send the cracked 5k+ back first and once they received and confirm, only then they will ship my replacement 5k+.

is this the way its going for everyone now?! I mean I contacted support 7th of Jan, 1 month later you tell me this now.

I need to make sure this is an authentic email from pimax before I am sending anything, @Sean.Huang is this true?

9 Likes

@oysta1109
I thought something like this would be coming due to the amount of hmds with small cracks appearing.
Now Pimax are backpedalling on what they said they would do before.
I would say this is an attempt to get out of sending out replacements to the more minor ones because let’s face it. This means you will lose your headset for months with pimax’s track record.
A lot wont want to do that after waiting so long in the first place.

2 Likes

@anon74848233 @Sean.Huang I’m just going to leave this here

11 Likes

sending the defective hmd back is not an issue.
but obviously the deal has changed from what was promised,

3 Likes

This could be due to folks not sending the defective unit back after receiving replacement unit within a reasonable time period. As some still have both.

But this change; if due to that should be communicated instead of being a “surprise reveal”.

2 Likes

I will wait for the official confirmation on this matter before sending it back.

But the whole process took over a month to reach this stage, just to obtain a return address. FYI.

And what if i send the hmd back and somehow pimax doesn’t acknowledge/hasn’t receive my returned hmd does that mean I won’t get a replacement?

Kind of disappointing having to jump through hoops to get a defective product replaced don’t you think.

8 Likes

It could also mean that they are getting to many defective HMDs.
Probably a combination of not getting returned HMDs and to many Defective HMDs

3 Likes

Haha, I thought this thread wouldn’t concern me, but just for fun I checked for cracks and found THREE of those suckers in the same corners. Never dropped and always handled with utmost care!

Is there by now a proven way how to handle this? The thread is a little TL;DR for me :wink:

3 Likes