[Replied]O no my pimax 5kplus cracked!

SUPEN-834

work in progress since 15/1
dont know if there is anything further i should do.

2 Likes

@Matthew.Xu @anon74848233 @Alan.sun @Sean.Huang
Can I get an answer on my support ticket supen-849 please?
When will I receive a replacement?
Pimax policy is cracked headsets due to manufacturing defects are covered by warranty replacement.
Its been said there is sufficient stock for replacement. but my cracked headset request has been open for 22 days now, with no confirmation in this support ticket about when a replacement will be sent.
Matthew said in PM, “I think it might be replacement for you”.
The last message from Alan sun in my support request said “i will discuss with my team about this issue and reply to you as soon as possible.please be patient”
That was on the 19th. 11 days ago.
My recent message with photos showing the cracks getting worse 5 days ago, are still unanswered.
I think I’ve been patient for long enough now & would like to see some action

4 Likes

Mine was accepted for replacement 21 days ago but keep getting told to be patient,its showed up as being at local warehouse 2 weeks ago and never arrived.Am hopeful its on the next shipment for uk

3 Likes

Mine is still useable for the moment as it hasn’t got to a point where the casing has come apart, but these cracks have been spreading through light use.
I would just like to see things moving & have a real response confirming an estimate on delivery of a replacement.
“I think it might be replacement” “please be patient” “I will reply as soon as possible” are not confirmations & it seems nothing is happening about it at the moment

1 Like

Hello there,

Is my 5k+ replacement send?,i dont get any responses anymore from the support…

Also did i send a question about my upcoming 8k,that if i change my 8k to a 5k BE oled version that it may come sooner?

@Matthew.Xu

SUPEN-829
SUPEN-1572

1 Like

I also dont get any answer anymore.
SUPEN-873 B1150

I’ve received an email to confirm my address for the replacement unit.

1 Like

So now it appears they want me to send mine back to them before they ship me a replacement. I thought they were doing advance RMA on this where I send the old one back once I get my replacement.

With their track record on shipping I might just deal with it since mine is a loaner anyway. Ugh.

@anon74848233

1 Like

Well thats not good. This will make me quite annoyed if they also ask me to send mine back. Thats like being without the headset for a month.

1 Like

My 8k is dying on me, so I checked it under every angle and I discovered mine is cracking too :sob:
Backer #496

It was used less than 10 hourswith soft gloves, never damaged or anything pffff
I gonna make a supen… :sob:

6 Likes

Sorry to hear but bound to have one have problems eventually.

1 Like

i started this topic more then an month ago,i still dont have a sign of my replacement…

Whats going on?

@Matthew.Xu @anon74848233

SUPEN-829

4 Likes

Yeah hopefully on the 11th they get things like this rolling.

2 Likes

I have the same issue. I received my headset few days ago and when I started to test it, I noticed several manufacturing defects on my 5k Plus headset.
Firstly the headset has 3 cracks, mainly in the corners. Secondly, there is a gap above the headset where you can see the blue light come off when the 5k Plus is turn on. As if, it was not well glued.

gap issue :

Cracks issue :

@Matthew.Xu @anon74848233

SUPEN-1688

4 Likes

Yes seems like were getting the run around with this.
The answers I’ve had have all been pretty vague & uncertain.
The last one said something like “replacement is applying soon. Please be patient” lol.
What does that really mean?
We might think about doing something at some point?

1 Like

My HMD also little cracked

3 Likes

Did you recieve 5k+?..

@anon74848233 please add to earlybackers.

Yes, and sadly crack is little problem. My biggest problem is cyclic reboot (from every 10-15 min to every 3-4 sec). I was happy only 2 first days with my Pimax 5k+.

Do you mean the headset loosing connection?

Haven’t experienced that. Could be a usb or power adapter issue. How many usb devices are you using besides headset, mouse/keyboard, game controller?

1 Like

I have 4 USB 3.0 and using only 1 for Pimax. I try all USB ports. I think its not cable and not USB 3.0 port issue (Pimax have own power adapter).
In Pitool logs (in AppData) i see many messages “Warning: qrc:/qml/ConnectDevice.qml:210: ReferenceError: contentHeight is not defined”
Maybe its reason, i dont know what is.

2 Likes