[Replied]O no my pimax 5kplus cracked!

@Matthew.Xu
Right I just realised I have been replying to the email with the reply button which sends it to the reply email address business@pimaxvr.com.
I just went back through my emails & saw a ‘view request’ link which takes me to the support centre where all the replies I have been sending have not shown up.
No wonder my support ticket is still without an answer after 11 days
What a doofus I am lol.
I have sent a full reply in the support centre now.

4 Likes

@john2910 have you been replying to the email address like me? Or have you replied in the support centre through the request link in the email?

2 Likes

bussiness, really? Is that their email address?

1 Like

Just a typo on virtualmisters side :wink:

1 Like

@TrevorVR yes but I misspelled it. I put an extra s in.
You get an email from the persons email address who is dealing with your request, with that email address as a reply to address. Edited that one now lol

2 Likes

Easy enough to happen. Glad you found it. This can also help others whom have likely replied to the email instead of logging into the support desk. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

1 Like

Yes i see your attachment in 849;I will contact my colleague for reply you soon

2 Likes

Yes it did,it takes them very very long…

So when is my replacement unit coming?

@Matthew.Xu @anon74848233

SUPEN-829

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Please send PM to me, I will reply to you quickly. Thank you.

5 Likes

Yep, We have been improving the process, please don’t worry. We will ship the headset quickly. Thank you

6 Likes

@Matthew.Xu did pimax find out what the problem is and are measures in place it wont happen in the future?

2 Likes

Yes, these questions, all after-sales issues are also things we are improving and caring about. We want to avoid these issues as much as possible. Of course we will try our best to do our best.

7 Likes

https://community.openmr.ai/t/the-next-shipment-for-pimax/13469 suggests lots of spare 5k+ units

Our replacements shouldn’t take very long to arrive then!

2 Likes

As I mentioned from discussion with Kevin they had some of the earlier housing pass internal testing (re: crack issue) & used them as they seemed good. So we should be good on housing issue that has surfaced. Time will reveal all things good &/or bad. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

1 Like

well at least we haven‘t had any new victims lately, not a bad sign :wink:

2 Likes

Why not let the manufacturer improve their process instead? Ask the cable company to improve their QA. Ask the panel maker to do the same or make them eat the cost of returns and disassembly and everything involved.

I’m sure it’s the case but get on them.

3 Likes

This is often the process in manufacturing. Suppliers are pressured to improve their process to supply better quality shipments. In the auto industry I worked for a supplier could face fines for shutting down a line & often have to pay to have parts sorted.

1 Like

The cracks in my headset are getting bigger…

Hopefully with the surplus 5k+ units in UK warehouse it’s just a logistic issue rather than production…

Did we figure out what the P2 units were? Was that significant?

Have you filed a ticket with support via tge link in banner to organize an exchange?

@anon74848233 please add to earlybackers.

Yeah, SUPEN-881, currently with a status of ‘work in progress’

Would rather it not be rushed, just hoping the casing doesn’t come off so I don’t have to stop playing Elite!

4 Likes