[Replied]Allip started selling 8k, 5k, 5kbe in Korea and is not a pre-order

I don’t but i am german, english is not my native tongue and we are not used to beat around the bush or however that is called.
So i don’t start what i am not good at but instead simply tell the things how i see it.

1 Like

Helio, it was just something I drew from the hat, though it might have been like that in the Netflix.

*edit, @Digital literally asked to speculate

And Park proved it as a hoax.
We’re cool, no harm done, Pimax has a lot of units in stock… if they would just send’em to the backers. I’ve been ready for awhile, Pimax.

4 Likes

Yes it’s cool don’t argue, we are Pimax family.

3 Likes

But it was a good hat that is quite plausible. All to often folks presume worst case scenario & grab pitchforks & torches.

We all need to recognize the glass is both half empty & half full. Choosing the more positive is healthier til we have proof that what is left in the glass is all there is. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

A retailer that wants to maintain good relations with a supplier would want to be careful of usurping a manufacturer. In the same parable of the golden goose. In the scenario you presented for example not making the manufacturer look bad by releasing producr early.

Gamestop/EB for example often has a big new release up to a week early but is under contract not to shelf product before a release date.

1 Like

So it’s just pre orders? not actual pimaxes in stores where you can go and buy directly?

2 Likes

Seriously now?
Laughing my ass off.

Now then, it was a good hat :face_with_monocle: :speaking_head:

1 Like

Your right no retailer would invest in what they might consider a sure thing. If I had had 10k US to invest in a VR Party.

I assure you I would be selling headsets myself. As any one knows with pimax’s current retail price. You won’t be buying headsets at kickstarter prices to resell.

It’s all about acceptable Risk. If I didn’t honestly think pimax was capable of making these headsets a reality. I wouldn’t have backed this project at all. But I was impressed by what they had accomplished with the p4k at a time when only Oculus & og Vive offered exceptionally low res & hi sde. I was more impressed by psvr in comparison for accomplishment.

But not willing to invest in consoles anymore.

Consider if you in Germany had $20k+ capital US? You would be able to be on the map as a pimax distributer. Receive 30 headsets test. Sell parallel to pimax consumer release. You’d have more than enough to restock & continue if you wanted to be a retailer.

Vive Arcades started via disappointed Vive buyers (here anyway) offering to let you come over & try the Vive for an hour at $20 canadian. Now it’s 30m for $25.

So should I buy the Vive or Vive pro or what? I need the lighthouses.

Tempted to look for vive v1 LHes & Wands. But unless find it for a steal of a price. Will likely wait. :beers::wink::+1::sparkles:

1 Like

No.
Seriously now?
Laughing my ass off.

I don’t believe in Pimax.

1 Like

You can buy the lighthouses separately on Amazon. That’s what I did: I bought 1, so I’ll have 6DOF once my headset arrives. At some later point, Pimax will send me the one I bought as part of the Kickstarter, so I’ll have 2 for room-scale VR.

4 Likes

So did we freak out over nothing?

4 Likes

That happens often in this forum.
I also think the new years eve mightve had something to do with it :beers:

5 Likes

Daily…? :wink:

3 Likes

So they are selling the Pimax again http://shopping.interpark.com/product/productInfo.do?prdNo=6183200677&dispNo=008001083&smid1=common_prd is it now a preorder or do they still ship within 2 days?

1 Like

I think Park already clarified was a pre Order or is this a new vendor?

It’s not a preorder. Delivery is completed within 2 days.
They say b2b.

5 Likes

So thats interesting no preorder and delivery in 2 days so it was no miscommunication after all?
I wish i would be in Korea right now so i could get my pimax now :grimacing:

Edit: @park have you called them?

2 Likes