[Replied]Allip started selling 8k, 5k, 5kbe in Korea and is not a pre-order

Confirmed to be retail sales

15 Likes

So physical shop stop in & pick up off shelf? Or online/mail order?

They promise to ship within 2 days. In this case, delivery is completed in one day in Korea.

4 Likes

Do they take orders from europe ? I don’t understand anything in corean and the english version does not work either.

How much is it ? 1500$ ?

Buyer beware: It’s possible these are the using the original 5K screen (with the same diamond pixel pattern as the 8K). The ad does NOT say 5K PLUS. Pimax may have had to dump a bunch of product made from previously-ordered parts. Also, these might be 2nd-tier units that failed QA due to bad pixels.

5 Likes

5kplus+vive controller +vive base=$1167

6 Likes

That’s a good price. I wonder how they got their stock?

1 Like

Surely this is not real . Pimax would not do this to its backers ?

6 Likes

So anyone want to speculate how this is possible with so many backers waiting for their headset to arrive? Anyone?

4 Likes

My theory is that Robin tested brainwarp on himself and something went wrong.

12 Likes

Maybe @anon74848233 or @Sean.Huang can comment on this

2 Likes

How about this: the shop is a low number backer of multiple of those VR party packs, was it 14 units/pack. :angel::japanese_ogre:?

3 Likes

Actually Pimax told Park they are running a production line for Korea seperate from the Kickstarter production… so if anyone wonders why we backers won’t see our headset sooner it looks like they officially serve others first now.

2 Likes

Maybe there is some kind of license agreement, a separate assembly line in the Korea with a subcontractor. Yes it sounds stupid.

3 Likes

@park how muck 5k+ in usd?
I convert from the web, it look expensive than pimax store.

1 Like

But, but we are not supposed to speculate.:face_vomiting:
The lack of an answer from Pimax to this and the other thread gives you a hint that they haven’t made up their mind yet how to spin the story this time.

Somehow it is not affecting the backer first promise and Kickstarter production, on the other hand it seems if i would be in Korea i already could have my Pimax this week by ordering online while not even all KS headsets had been produced and the shipping is far behind their official production numbers.

See the post by park it is $1167 with 2x Vive controller + 2x basestation that is actually a good price for the complete set.

4 Likes

Cool Pimax can buy them and send them to us :grinning:

7 Likes

Until any of you can confirm that this is indeed a valid vendor and purchase means acquisition in 2 days why not spare us the drama by posting speculative comments? It is hard to believe that backers on the forums are rational adults at times.

Remember that Gearbest is basically posting the same shit for headsets.

6 Likes

Whats going on? :exploding_head::dizzy_face::crazy_face:

2 Likes