Remaining 8K Backers Waiting Thread

Waiting on 8k in JAPAN #2443

Oh NOOOW!!!
Mine is not in the 3boxes 8K-JP !!
Still buillding in Spread sheet 2019.03.11.

#2327 in JAPAN are shipped. Am I 25th?
And #2431 in UK, #2444,#2445,#2446 in unknown are shipped.

Waiting next batch for japan. :sob:

I respect your patience.

This is not mine number, but @glassy99 which you asked before.
By the way, Iā€™ve lost my patience long time ago and very angry for now. :slight_smile:
Looks like getting a headset wonā€™t change my mood anymore.

2 Likes

mine also still on buildingā€¦And i ask many months to exchange my 8k to the 5k oled,and it was not possible they saidā€¦

Even @anon74848233 had written and said here that it was possible to change thenā€¦

2 Likes

My status still building.

This is a joke! Last time 879 8Ks were in building tab. Now 795 8Ks in building tab. Only 84 8Ks shipped !?

They said they believe they will ship all within 8th March. Wellā€¦ same old Pimax.

It is nearing end of Q1 2019 and they still cannot tell backers/preorders/future buyers when they will recieve their HMDs.

When will they improve their logistics???
When will they improve support??? People still complaining about no response from support all the time.

I usually say ā€œI believe Pimax will improveā€ ā€¦ but now I accept that this is just how they are.

1 Like

It is also possible that the spreadsheet data is wrong.
Which again is still Pimax fault.

Two weeks, for sure! :rofl:

As I noted in first reply to this thread, UK backer #6976 already got their 8K

This can be seen in the first tab of the spreadsheet.
There you can see all the other 8K backers that probably received their 8Ks in the same batch.

Backer up to #7087 already got their 8K ā€¦ while backer #653, me at #24XX and hundreds of others are still waiting.

I probably backed the Kickstarter WEEKS before #7087, but they got the HMD WEEKS before me. Just amazing.

3 Likes

I think they produce 1 for the Backers and 10 vor the Pre-orders.

2 Likes

If it the spreadsheet is really true that they have made such little progress and still have 795 8Ks to build ā€¦ well, I guess we should adjust our expectations to receive our headsets in 2019 rather than in this month.

Iā€™m surprised they donā€™t say ā€œyou can switch to 5K+ to get your headset sooner as we have 5K+ in all warehouses ready to sendā€ again.

ā€¦

Anyways, its happening again ā€¦ they give you a lot of hope that you will get it soon ā€¦ and then they completely miss deadline / send HMDs to higher backer numbers than you ā€¦ and then silence.

1 Like

Another speculation ā€¦ maybe

ā€œbuildingā€ includes both

• ā€œnot built yetā€
    and
  • ā€œshipping/shipped to warehouseā€.

And ā€œshippedā€ means

• shipped from warehouse

In that case then it would be a lot better situation.

2 Likes

Yeah, mine is in the ā€œbuildingā€ stage too, and my record is pretty much at the end of the spreadsheet. I wonder if that resembles the order of delivery they are using - would explain a lot in terms of serving backers seemingly at random and not in the order of backer #.

So I guess my 8K will only arrive when the leaves are starting to fall againā€¦ in my case I can cope with it because I have my 5K+, but it must be brutal for those who have nothing yet ! I only wish Pimax could make serious assessments and inform the backers accordingly, and then live up to their words. Is it that difficult, Pimax ?

4 Likes

I agree with you. I think some interest in Pimax will solve the problem.

Ok just got done working the 3/11 spreadsheet and: 63 people corrected info and 108 headsets shipped. I wish pimax would explain how 108 = 448 I know some math teacher who would disagree with it.

4 Likes

8k Backer here still didnt receive any information and last update on the spreadsheet my number was still in build. Havent been vocal at all during the whole process because R&D and engineering takes I know myself but slowly this communication is getting seriously annoying. I will be happy when my the 8K arrives and I it seems Pimax built a nice product. I might even recommend it. But company wise pimax wont be my favorite anymore for a long while. They used up too much ā€œgood-will creditā€ for that.

5 Likes

I think the info in the spreadsheet is stale. Hopefully, your headset is on its way. I got mine over a week ago, yet I still havenā€™t received a tracking number.

1 Like

Pimax certainly needs a change in the delivery system to make Company more prosperous I understand they did this to cut costs, butā€¦More important is credit.

2 Likes

I think next week people should start getting tracking no. for 8Ks ā€¦ those in US/EU at least.

I am with you :+1::+1::+1:. Maybe the Headset is good, but the Company isnt it.

3 Likes

i may get my 8K before my 5K+ then at this rate
backer6248

2 Likes