Remaining 8K Backers Waiting Thread

Just wanted to create a thread where the rest of us 8K backers can wait together and update each other on their shipping progress.

5 Likes

Backer 24XX here still waiting.

In Facebook backer #6976 in UK got theirs already:

I canā€™t understand why Pimax does this.

1 Like

Also UK Backer #701X already received 8K (since 5th March).

That is practically almost the last backer

1 Like

This was explained somewhat Glassy by @PimaxUSA. Once batch is shipped to Freight Forwarder (DPD, Fedex, UPS, Canada Post) pimax is no longer in control of shipment. Being the 8th of March in theory backers should have headsets by the 15th (my guess not to be taken as a fact).

@Mrvr tbh has real legitimate reasons to be aggravated as his og pimax b1 should have been resolved long ago & on top of that he is waiting on a pledge (5k+) and his won (8k).

Yours should hopefully with the others will hopefully arrive next week if not thid one.

3 Likes

No, they definitely have control.

Just looking at the pictures that Dallas posts in the ā€œpictures products ready to sendā€ thread you can clearly see that they specify which boxes are for US or EU or AU etc. right out of their office

https://community.openmr.ai/t/pictures-the-pimax-products-are-ready-to-send-6th-mar-2019/10828/1675

Problem is, I am in Thailand and @Jedai for example is in Korea with #2XXX backer numbers and we were SKIPPED.

Same as domestic Chinese 8K backers who have been complaining and I think Pimax did respond to them by saying shipment will be arranged to them soon. Which is admission that they did indeed skip some regions.

3 Likes

No sense discussing something out of your experience. I am muting this senseless topic.

2 Likes

here also still waiting!!

1 Like

Still waiting 45xx
Spreadsheet Update please

1 Like

ā€œ3. The team will update you much more regularly on the latest progress and we are highly confident we will be get all remaining 8K backers headsets shipped before March 8th, 2019.ā€ @anon74848233

itā€™s March 8th nowā€¦

4 Likes

Hope you all get your 8kā€™s soon.

2 Likes

While I am not happy that I havenā€™t received my 8K yet while backers in 6xxx and 7xxx range received theirs, Iā€™m sure mine will come in a few weeks at most ā€¦ hopefully next week if Iā€™m lucky.

Anyways, we can use this thread to update each other. (And moral support.)

3 Likes

I think Pimax has shipped all HMDs, and the freight forwarders from the US and the EU have moved a little faster.

2 Likes

Sure, but it doesnā€˜t ship from their warehouse to you or me in a couple of hours, right.

For the record, backer #32xx still awaiting his loaner-8K.

right, it was just a kind reminder to Dallas. Based on updates he has posted, I see big gap (600~700) between the number of shipped HMDs and the number to be fulfilled. Just a bit worried of another delay.

1 Like

It is not clear by what principle the serial numbers of sent headsets are distributed, that later numbers get their headsets much faster than early backers ā€¦
This I call a complete mess and confusion.

@anon74848233, we were promised to receive a headset in accordance with its serial number backer. But at the moment we see the opposite: the later numbers get headsets much earlier, and the earlier numbers backers are still waiting.

This is generally outrageous when the backer gets the headset first, whose serial number is a couple of thousand higher than me. And this applies not only to the general situation, but even to the situation with late 8Ks. A concrete example: yesterday in our country, backer # 3383 received its 8K, and I # 2983 still have not heard even about mine. Why is that?

Why should I wait so much and why you are not sending according to the sequence number, answer this question already, @Pimax?

4 Likes

This is so strange, but IMO Pimax canā€™t imagine the situation that even if their headset is of premium quality, the overall impression will remain negative and Iā€™ll try never to deal with them again.

Yes, that is understandable. The pain of waiting for so long and being mislead by them so many times as to when we will receive our HMDs may be too much to forgive.

1 Like

Backer 34xx CN waiting for 8k.

2 Likes

This has been answered many times.
They wonā€™t hold devices till each person receives theirs in order. That will take years.
Due to shipping thousands of devices internationally, logistics in shipping forces the random devices and order that we currently see.

2 Likes

In fact, it was originally announced about sending headsets according to the order number of the backer.

Later, everything was mixed up in such a pile that some early numbers were still waiting for their headset, and distant numbers had long been received.

I can still understand when there is some distribution across countries in order to send everyone faster. But when backers from my country begin to receive 8K with a higher sequence number than me, this is already incomprehensible ā€¦

You donā€™t need to go far, at the moment they have scored a large number of pre-orders and there are already some people who just bought and got a headset. While we, the backers, are still waiting. That is, Pimax, having a narrow throat in the number of headsets sent, begins to send pre-orders to the detriment of the backers.

And we are already waiting for more than a year and canā€™t wait. Already lost some of the properties of the headset, which we expected at the beginning. We already get some discrepancy stated. CLPL at 8K is similar to penTile, what is it at all? SDE should have been like the Pimax 4K, but it didnā€™t. And yet we are waiting, but we are constantly being pushed aside. This is unfair to the supporters, who initially gave such support, each in accordance with their own serial number of backer.

2 Likes