Remaining 8K Backers Waiting Thread

Are these 8Ks double checked for quality ?

1 Like

i will send my love to pimax when it happens as we have heard all this before i think lol

1 Like

Dallas could u please check if you have my address? backer nr.4652 ( samcoolrunner@gmail.com)
thank you

Backer 6248 still awaiting 5k and 8k please update thank you

Finally, a new week has begun. We’ll get our tracking number soon, right?

2 Likes

So …

by Christmas NO
early Jan. NO
end of Jan. NO
before Chinese new year. NO
soon after Chinese new year. NO
before end of Feb. NO
soon after 8th March. NO
before end of March. << CURRENTLY HERE
early April.
before end of April.

Will I be disappointed again?

And UK backer 7XXX already got their 8K 20 days ago.
I’m backer 24XX … as I said, probably backed weeks before they did but getting mine weeks after.

Even though I will get it in the end, but I won’t forget the waiting Pimax has put me through.

2 Likes

Hopefully get the HMD before mid April -that’s when OrbusVR reborn is released which is what I really wanna play…

Now Pimax say they’ve shipped all backer headsets… But I feel like I’ve probably been skipped over,… Or fallen thru the cracks… Or accidentally edited out of the spreadsheet… Or will go missing in the mail… the journey we’ve had waiting for this headset I can’t bring myself to believe in a positive outcome just yet lol

1 Like

8K Backer 45xx / DE got my Trackingnumber this morning from the DPD App :metal:. It looks like the remaining Backer headsets arrived in the UK warehouse :+1:

2 Likes

Amazing how long it takes for them to ship from SH to HK.
From SH to UK is faster!

1 Like

Well, there are a couple of DPD office clerks involved, and if each of them insists on trying your Pimax for at least 3 days at home, that unfortunately adds to the delivery time.
And of course explains all the bruises to the boxes - just imagine how often the device is dragged out and stuffed back into the box… :persevere:

Well, yes. While you try to understand.
But there is no deeper mind or evil enemy, who is fighting against you.

The truth is (imo), they are not professinal in:

1. product design - weak case, which brek on first drop
  2. production planning - several communication issues depends on incorrect production data?
  3. communication - “You will recieve an e-mail, when your package was send” → failed
    The logistics belongs to the supplier DPD and they don’t see backer number or preorder number. So, they can’t care about sequence of order.

Over all, the delay is for over 1 year. So, some weeks don’t change a thing to the conclusion, that I would not sign a Kickstarter campain again, which contains a complex system.
Yust let the experience of technical teething touble anybody else than me.

1 Like

I just got my 8k today in Canada with having to pay on top Duty (guessing non voluntary VIP) charges of 22 CAD, thought that my 50 USD should have covered that??!? My 5K plus (8KX loaner) that was shipped two months ago still hasn’t arrived, trouble / support tickets keeping getting closed on me when trying to track its whereabouts down. FML

2 Likes

The loaner-8K has arrived, yeah!! I’ll be excited to see if I notice any practically relevant difference between the two…

3 Likes

Hong Kong #2903 8K picked up today 26 MAR 2019, installing now.

FYI, I still havn’t received any tracking number, and I just received a courier call today.

P.S. Pimax please check your shipping addresses, mine’s have incomplete address, luckily they have my phone number to call me before they deliver.

1 Like

Backer #61** here in Australia. Still haven’t received any notifications.

1 Like

My 8K arrived over 3 weeks ago and I still haven’t received a tracking number. :confused:

Your headset could potentially arrive tomorrow, given that tracking numbers have had major delays for many of us.

Backer 6248 still no 8k or 5k even the patience of a saint has limits lol

1 Like

8K backer 56XX in US getting their 8K tomorrow.

@anon74848233 @mozi it is Thursday now, almost end of week and I still haven’t received tracking number.
(Backer #2466)

All 8Ks were shipped since March 15th … mine should have reached HK warehouse many days ago. Has it? Why don’t they send it to me? Is there a problem with the address?

here also still nothing! backer nummer is 5493