Questing for Oculus Quest

I went to the biggest electronics chain in Denmark today (Elgiganten) in search for an Oculus Quest as I’m going to the UK (Cambridge) next week for a course and thought it would be cool to play in the hotel room, but they told me “The VR market is small so none of our shops stock any VR products”… :woozy_face:

Guess I might just buy it in UK?

9 Likes

You might be able to get it on Amazon, thought I am not sure if it is fast enough for you.

2 Likes

Vive pro in stock in the nearby El Giganten or “Gigantti” as it’s called here. Oculus quest available in their webshop.

2 Likes

I waited too long, so now it’s not 100% sure it’ll make it here in time… D’OH! :smiley:

Guess it’s big enough in Finland or they haven’t gotten rid of their initial batches :wink:

I checked UK shops on Oculus site and found out I can get it at “Currys PC World” day-to-day store pick up if needed (it’s only ~2.5 km away from the hotel I’m staying at)… :wink: Might just order it for pick-up when I arrive then… :slight_smile:

I know it might sound weird for “normal” people, but what am I supposed to do alone for 4 days in a hotel room in Cambridge, UK? Who am I kidding? This is the Pimax forums… :wink:

The first thing I thought was “now there’s a reason to get the Oculus Quest”… :smiley:

EDIT: F*ck it… Ordered it with expedited shipping. Should arrive by Friday. Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers::sunglasses::nerd_face:

6 Likes

Jeg samlede en oculus go op fra elgiganten for et par måneder siden til brug på en rejse, der havde de også quest i butikken… men det ser ud som om det mest er en web shop ting nu.

2 Likes

Tænker også at de har “brændt nallerne” og droppet at have dem i butikkerne (de har ikke engang nogen på lager remote men skal bestille hjem).

ja, trist. :confused: (++20++)

1 Like

While you’re in Cambridge, please go and protest at Frontier Development’s office at the lack of wide FOV support in Elite :grin: Down With This Sort of Thing!

9 Likes

Yeah, as long as I can wear a headset it’s fine… :slight_smile:

“Daaaaaamn, this is immersive… Feels sooooo real! And the sound of the screaming is off the scale!!” :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Beatsaber Beserker Rampaging In Cambridge, Viking Invasion Intensifies!

4 Likes

Hope you enjoy your time in the U.K. it’s easy to pick up a quest here many retailers keep stock. You will love the quest I’m sure. I sniggered at the adverts and the spec till I tried it and it’s a great. I’ve never played so much VR!! I enjoy the freedom to take it wherever. Everyone I’ve shown mostly vr newbies are blown away by what VR has to offer.

4 Likes

Thanks… :+1: I’m sure I will (with my Quest)… Ended up ordering it from Amazon with expedited shipping… :nerd_face:

Yeah. It seems like a really cool device and once I got over the “but Oculus is Facebook” and they announced the Link I was like “why not?”… :wink:

The only thing I’m afraid of is that I won’t use it due to the low graphics quality (and FoV), but I keep reading that the untethered experience makes up for that… :clap::upside_down_face:

To the OP (@yanfeng): I’ll probably grab an 8KX too when the rest of You have put it through it’s paces. It’s way too expensive if the build quality is like the 5K+ (which is still my main headset)… :wink:

2 Likes

Sounds good hope it arrives on time. The freedom is great and depending what you play the graphics are better than you imagine. Beatsaber and pistol whip are great examples of fun on the go. Red matter is about the best graphics I’ve seen on it. They don’t force FB on you at all I don’t have an account.

6 Likes

Nice… :+1:

I have had that on my wishlist for a long time (on Steam) so it might be a candidate for a first game (besides the Vader experiences which come bundled now)…? :upside_down_face:

I know. I have a separate Oculus account too. I’m just a bit paranoid sometimes. You do have 4 cameras and a mike strapped to Your face after all and Facebook ethics might not be the best in the world… :rofl:

3 Likes

Phil specter (head of Xbox) just said they are not doing VR for their next console

This is unfortunate for Microsoft after the leaks suggested otherwise & prior them saying Xb1 wouldn’t have VR. But the next X box was supposed to have VR as it was the big criticism of the Xb1 not having VR.

Guess console gamers will have to choose Sony & Nintendo for VR. :laughing:

3 Likes

Can’t argue with that :0)

2 Likes

I believe you meant Phil Spencer, anyway, Microsoft seems to be completely disconnected from the VR. (As already suggested by new MSFS announcement.) Which shows (again) how this company is clueless.

2 Likes