PSVR 2 Officially announced

Yeah no comparison to other non oled hmds . Will be interesting to see how the Crystal will do :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes we will see…

2 Likes

I bought one more psvr2 secondhand and i get it this weekend so i can see if there is a difference in the Mura.

2 Likes

Cool! I thought about making the video above but I realized: how am I going to put something on video that I can’t see myself? Like said in some scenes I really don’t see mura so it won’t be visible on video neither so I’m not sure if such video would even be of any value. However I would like to add that in some dark scenes the mura is actually indeed quite bad. Maybe even similar to what they showed in that video that you linked. So my ‘it’s not THAT bad’ might be wrong. Actually in some dark scenes the mura indeed is quite bad.

Either way, going to be really interesting to hear if you think the mura on your new device is any better!

2 Likes

Okay i did put my psvr2 through the test to compare the mura.

The mura is about the same on the two units…

On the second psvr2 the image looks maybe slightly sharper(but it could be a placebo effect)…or because some slight difference in the mura…(but only very very slight)

But o my… what is it great to have those blacks in saint and sinners at night…it adds so much immersion…

2 Likes

Hey @john2910 that’s too bad mate, had hoped the newer headset would have less mura.

Been playing some more RE, I think it’s indeed mostly the vivid colors that add so much to the immersion. And the game itself just is so nice. I think that’s mainly the problem with PC VR. I mean even if the perfect headset would arrive now, what would we play? Nothing on PC VR comes close to HL:A. And now on PSVR2 we have RE, that’s at least up par with HL:A. And haven’t even checked out other titles yet. I think this is even the biggest problem with PC VR. No good titles to play.

I really hope PSVR2 becomes a big success and more AAA developers will develop for VR. I’m just sick and tired of ugly indy games. We need more HL:A and RE type of games!

2 Likes

Yea i hope that too because resident evil on the psvr2 is a blast… Also Grand turisimo 7 and saint and sinners are great… Its the great 3d in the headset in combination with the colors and blacks and the haptics that makes the headset fun…

2 Likes

Nice. Did you already play horizon? I think I have some time today, going to try that one too

2 Likes

I have it,but for me the other games are better… Horizon has to much reprojection for me and the game it self is boring for me .the intro is cool tho… By the way did you have the pulse 3d headphone now with it?

2 Likes

Not yet. That’s a disadvantage of living on a caribbean island, everything takes a while before it arrives from Amazon :slight_smile: Looking forward to it though, not particularly a fan of those earbuds that come with the PSVR2.

1 Like

Me neither,but with resident evil i think you gonne like the pulse 3d with the eq settings(if it fits good on your head offcourse)

3 Likes

Ps dont forget starwars its realy a fun game,i like it more the horizon call off the mountain… The laser guns in the dark with the hdr is realy fun…

1 Like

This looks good

1 Like

For me this game was a huge disapointment…I did like the orginal rush off blood…

But this one could have been so much better… The graphics look low resolution(it could have been so much better(look at games like pavlov or saint and sinners,resident evil etc) Also slow loading times and hickups… Its released to soon i think…

2 Likes

Or did you mean the youtuber? lol :rofl: (kidding)

That’s too bad was reviewed as using eye tracking in a unique way.

Yea the dont blink future is fun and a nice addition,but they realy needed to use the eye tracking for forveated rendering too to get a better resolution in game…

1 Like

Surprising that they couldn’t get decent optimization and resolution on an on-rails game. It’s kind of an ideal situation for pushing graphical fidelity.

2 Likes

Perhaps Doctor Who inspired

1 Like

And did you finished resident evil village? :wink:

1 Like