PSVR 2 Officially announced

Resolution 2,000 x 2,040 (4.1MP) per-eye, OLED, HDR
Refresh Rate 90Hz, 120Hz
Field-of-view (claimed) 110° (diagonal presumed)

Included Eye tracked foveated rendering, On headset haptic feedback, inside out tracking, connects to PS5 via 1 USB-C

6 Likes

Got a kick out of this quote. Now all of sudden all the press will hail Sony as the first to bring Foveated rendering to the masses while Pimax, who has had a working solution for like a year now, continues to be ignored by the media.

4 Likes

impressived…4K OLED & foveated rendering

3 Likes

4 Likes

Can’t help feeling a bit disappointed with the resolution, still really interesting though, i’m glad its been confirmed.

2 Likes

They wouldn’t be lying, as Pimax eye tracking doesn’t work at all. :rofl:

Funny, imagine last year being disappointed with a reverb G2 with OLED

1 Like

Ah no way, the arpara 5k is out doing sony with its hmd! 4k screens are so 2019 lol!

2 Likes

Yeah I went back to the Quest 2 for a bit while trying out the RE2 mod. Whats nuts is that the 8KX blacks look better.

One of my main reasons for wanting the Arpara is for games like RE. I’m seriously going to bust out my old Vive just to remember what blacks look like.

3 Likes

No headphones. Good thing I have my VR Ears. (They are ugly as hell though)

1 Like

The arpara will be awesome for games like RE. Proper blacks :ok_hand: I think the 5k may even surpass the Aero for games like RE.

Yeh ive noticed how games look better in the 8kx than quest 2 too. Bit strange, the ppd of both hmd’s are similar.

2 Likes

8KX is a probably 10% higher , plus it doesn’t have to go through compression.

2 Likes

Happy New Year everyone! My son & I love our PS5 - likely to buy PSVR 2 as soon as it’s available. Will give us quick and easy VR in the front room. Meanwhile keeping my eyes open for a new high end HMD for another room.

2 Likes

But Pimax is not for the masses is it?

2 Likes

I’m actually not necessarily interested in the vr2 till they announced this new game
So I guess I’ll have to buy it good marketing strategie because horizon zero dawn is definitely my all time favorite game

3 Likes

Yeah, as much as I love my pimax and hope the company does become a mass consumer headset maker, I feel like that press statement is actually fairly honest. Plus for Pimax it’s an add on, not something built in.

3 Likes

Artisan is 500 bucks how on earth is that an “Enterprise headset?”

Eye tracking works on all Pimax headsets except the 4k series.

1 Like

Works ≠ Good design and experience

That’s my take

2 Likes

I dunno this guy seems to have improved it quite a bit, haven’t tried it though.

110 FOV lol.
The resolution is also unacceptable. That is…if you’re used to 8KX.

I think the Apple AR/VR is more of a compelling product.

1 Like

Can you see clearly through Pimax lenses to the sides with DFR : No

That’s pretty much all there is to say about the pimax tracker.