Pre-Alpha Firmware 110Hz 8k+ report

I have received P2_RELEASE_M264_t20200508200801_r96b28a3 and i have “abnormal display problems” as Pitool is calling it, and it’s clearly related to the “Smart Smoothing”-feature which if turned off results in “normal” disply behavior. As posted bevore I’m running an AMD graphics card wich limits me to 90 FPS. That 90FPS is no limitation by Pitool or the HMD as i found out after switching to 110Hz wondering why I still stuck to 90FPS. The reson for that is that there’s no “asynchronious reprojection” (or something like that it’s called) for AMD cards currently and thats a limitation by SteamVR and/or AMD which need to implement it for the appropriate drivers. While hoping for other improvments like fixing the “controller turn off & need to pair”-bug i was turned down though. Apart from that the “Wrong LED-Color on startup”-bug just like the “HMD not turning on - black screen”-bug isn’t fixed in the M264 alpha-release firmware as well, at least not to me.

Dont forget GPU Catalyst thing ruins everything and have to be turned off (or not more than 0.5/1 to me).

1 Like

Thanks for the advice but i have played around with it with no result whatsoever. Usually i’m not using it at all.

2 Likes

Ok, was just in case, because for me it was set to 10 by default and the result was pretty bad at first ^^

2 Likes

Apart from not useable anything above 0.75, it is still a mystery if it does anything favorable at all. The utilization keeps being the same and I have not heard any reports from people going beyond 1 + gaining any utilization.

3 Likes

I got sent M264,
can enable 110hz , but slight image ghosting and White bars on the outer picture.
smart smoothing off catalyst 0.

maybe they should market it as 110hz …maybe… :rofl:

early 8k+ model (January). 2063, for people to be having different experiences it almost seems as though each batch is different as another poster has suggested.

Recording some gameplay for my next video and yes there are some white bars on the very outline, just like if it was some light bleeding but
Beat Saber ok
Vader Immortal ok
Project Cars 2 ok
Alyx ok
:+1::+1:

3 Likes

Yes I have this issue

1 Like

Can someone send me the latest firmware for 2063. I wish to flash my firmware again as I have ghosting problem.

@PimaxQuorra

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.