Poll: 8KX in 2019 or 2020?

Hmmmmmmmm, with all these new tricks and improvements of the driver software, I am really interested in the 8K-X now…

3 Likes

It is from here

2 Likes

I am so happy with the 5k+ at the moment, that i don’t necessarily have the ‘need’ of even a better - but also more demanding Headset. Therefor waiting is fully acceptable for me.

Also its better to finish the Base Stations, Controllers AND the plugin frame for custom lenses first. I also wouldn’t be sad to have the advanced audio headstrap which would reduce the risk of damaging the audio jack of the headset.

While waiting AMD could also release their latest CPU and GPU and for the next half year the prices can fall until we have to upgrade to the latest hardware to feed the 8k-X.

By the way, i really really really hope the 8k-X is using horizontal, full rgb displays and not those from the 8k with a diagonal pattern. But i would be surprised if they really do so. Full RGB 4k OLED would be a dream.

3 Likes

I’m also happy with 5k for roomscale but for something like DCS and reading tiny instruments (like in the F-14 Tomcat), you can never have enough resolution. Hopefully with the better panel utilization plus the upcoming VR improvements in DCS, performance will be good enough.

2 Likes

btw. seems i missed the thread. Apparently the 8k-X Specifications got released:
https://community.openmr.ai/t/sweviver-pimax-8k-x-specifications-revealed-everything-you-need-to-know/20193

2 Likes