Playing Asgard's Wrath In The Pimax 5K+

No - reduce it in PiTool? Or is there another setting - haven’t done Occulus Games in the pimax so i might be missing something obvious? …

1 Like

Ya pitool and try fov just to see if it starts then i bump it up.

1 Like

I had to reduce the in game settings to medium on my Rift first, to stop “out of memory” errors then it would behave on my 5K. It looks better on med on the Pimax than high on the CV1 with pd 1.5

1080ti, 6600K@ 4.4Ghz, 16 gig ddr4@3200 system

2 Likes

Thank you.

I’ve created this question to the testing team, who will test the game. Thank you

3 Likes

:thinking:Maybe there is a config file?
I don’t have any Occultist :wink: Headsets and need to find another way. the Game is just to good to miss on.

You dont have to do anything pitool looks in steam and oculus and show all games you have there.

2 Likes

I also do experience the flickering during loading screens. When you crank up the ingame resolution scale way too high the pimax sreens also do flicker because the gpu ( in mine case rtx 2080 ti ) is way too slow :smiley:

Guys try the Turn of AA tweak for this game(if you google it you find the tweak)

I did this on the valve index(i sold my pimax) And put the sampling to 150%

Wow what a difference…everything razor sharp.
I only wish we could have just a little AA to turn the shimmering a little down…
Without the shimmering it was perfect!!

But i like this a alot more then the blur

1 Like

Is that not a Loadingscreen? Flicker when loading?

Yeah exactly . Always happens when its loading

I thought the flicker (which only happens during cut scenes) was some sort of poorly executed spacey effect. I can still read the text that scrolls by and the flicker soon disappears. If it’s a glitch. I suspect it will get fixed. Not a deal breaker.

I installed the game and started Oculus home. Pitool found it on start. (Make sure OH is running) when you launch from Pitool. If it doesn’t create a link in Pitool. try the import button and browse to the executable.
you could try starting with Pitool at .5 and smack fov. If you can launch the game, immediately go to settings and set game to medium. After that you should be able to change to normal fov. Assuming a similar powered puter to mine here.
I found when game was on high and PT on 1, I would crash with memory errors. I couldn’t get the game to switch to medium on normal in the Pimax and went to my Rift to lower graphics first, then the Pimax behaved.

2 Likes

I am running the game on epic settings with large fov on my pimax xr combined with a rtx 2080 ti . Resolution scaler ingame is set to approximate 75% . I am getting 65 fps , it runs flawlessly and I can switch settings during the game. DO NOT RUN THIS GAME OIN HIGH OR MEDIUM because the textures DO SUFFER ALOT ! . Wait instead for rtx 3080 ti if you dont wanna buy a rtx 2080 ti now . you will ruin your experience otherwise .

4 Likes

Nice. Fair to say the game is gpu intensive.

I cant go back to start, when i want to open World map i only get its blocked by lookie, so i cant sell any item and my inventory is full.

Hmm maybe would have just needed to restart the pc so that they all do there magic and know of one another. I will try tonight, thx for the Tipps!
Now only the index controllers from valve and the basestations Redirect from pimax need to arrive - could also be a possibility that the lack of those two confused the game during start up.

how do you measure fps using native Pimax Oculus support?

With ReVive I know I can use fpsVR, but no idea for native support

1 Like

Msi afterburner , my Smartphone is recording the screen while I am playing . After I played a certain time , I do watch the results . Unfortunately fps vr doest work in oculus games via pi tool . :confused:

1 Like

Wow that game looks really good. Going to buy it tonight

1 Like

Hi,

So I went on and bought this game, thanks @vrgamerdude and @dogbite for trying this for us.
I did a short test and indeed the game run very nicely.

Few setup words:

1. I have no idea what are my FPS but I was able to set the game at EPIC (although resolution was not on max).
  2. Vive mappings are basically OK, although:
  • I wish we could remap the grip to the trigger, would have much more comfortable. If someone know how to do that please chime in.
  • Moving by sliding your finger over the left vive wand touch area is not that comfortable. I can’t seem to be able to move fast and the movement is not that smooth but so far bearable.
    I wonder if modes like this one would help.

Overall, impressive graphics, good atmosphere and finally a worthy RPG title for VR.

Cheers
Saar

7 Likes