PiTools Version 1.0.1.91 - great work!

With the new PiTool version, the distortions have been extremely reduced.
For exapmle in Skyrim, these distortions have been relatively conspicuous. If I start Skyrim now, I have to search for them and squint into the outermost corners of the field of vision! - Wow, Pimax … I’m really surprised how big the changes are suddenly.
Even in other games, these distortions are barely perceptible.
Really great, what you have achieved!

I came from .84 because I never could install .90

Btw: PiTool 1.0.1.91 Download

P.S.: If you like to read my review (in german, so you have to use the google translator), here it is: LINK

37 Likes

That is good news. Have they implemented the brightness option yet?

1 Like

Not yet… I hope this will be one of the next steps!

2 Likes

how about geometry distortions at 125~150 FOV ?

2 Likes

Ok. And you’re talking about distortion on medium fov I presume?

1 Like

I can only get the Wide fov option to work and its crazy how much better the distortion profile is. before, wide fov was unusable because it was so distracting but now I may stick with it.

12 Likes

Generally I played with the normal field. The large is not really meaningful!
But also the large FoV is a lot better now.
In the normal FoV the distortions are nearly gone.

6 Likes

Did they tweak the 5k+ colors yet to be warmer? Is performance any different?

2 Likes

Cool thanks for the update on the new software. I know you commented on the edge distortion but Im wondering if they adressed the distortions users have had regarding the distortion in the images as they move from one side of the headset to another. Im not sure how to describe the problem but a few here have noticed it. Thanks!

2 Likes

Is this only for the 5K+? because my 8K Pitool says .90 is the latest version when i click on Update.
Edit: Downloaded it manually on pimaxvr.com

5 Likes

Mind please let us know if it’s better ok 8K too. Thanks !

2 Likes

And, any difference in distortion indeed? Going to try it too now

2 Likes

Just checking the release and reading through official patch notes…

:wink:

3 Likes

Unfortunately I don’t see any difference in distortion. If you’re in the SteamVR room and look at the window (with the apps in front), watch the window and then turn circles with your head (up/right/down/left) the whole window is ‘wobbly’ (its geometry morphs). No difference at all with v.90 there it seems.

4 Likes

Iam on it also, really wonder what could be better since I wasnt disturbed by distorsion ^^
Oh, SteamVR beta been updated also, twices updates in a row, how to live dangerously lol

Edit : interesting, have to try with Project Cars 2, but with Arizona Sunshine in Large FoV and only 1.0 Pitool, just had a very good clarity.:+1:

2 Likes

Thank you for pointing out this distortion. You are the only one.
Pimax seems to be missing the most important thing.

1 Like

Well actually several users and reviewers pointed it out. But some don’t see it and others don’t care. To me personally it’s the number 1 downside. But I have hope pimax will fix it some day

2 Likes

It’s much better. Can agree with everything op said. It went from that watery look like you have tears in your eyes to really acceptable. I really hope they keep that up refining lens distortion profile.

7 Likes

That’s great news, well done @PimaxVR :slight_smile:
Still it would be great to have a change log!

2 Likes

Nice. It looks like they have not managed to optmize the hardware available just yet.
Having the 5K+ and 8K getting better over time sounds great considering they seem to be good to start with.