Pitool feature requests [post here]

Improve Motion Compensation.

First of all, Thanks to added motion compensation several months ago. It’s very good but it’s far from perfect. I’m keep waiting for improvement but it never update since then. I want you to improve motion compensation.So I let you know what problems are still remain. It has two major problem.

1. It’s too sensitive and movement is too over exaggerated. I use it with a tracker (or vive wand )on my motion simulator. when the motion simulator shakes, the movement of world pivot too intense. it’s not 1:1 movement at all. And it’s impossible use it with vibration unit.in real life, vibration moves the tracker maybe 0.1 mm but it moves 2 cm in virtual world. when I turn on vibration unit and give high strength on motion, the movement in virtual world just crazy. it doesn’t help immersion at all. currently I just turn off Lighthouse tracking when I do simracing. but this way it doesn’t track my position, So immersion level goes down, and I have to re-calibrate position after finish several laps. this is the one of biggest disadvantage for Pimax to use simracing for high-end simracing users. Please fix it ASAP. I want to give us option to adjust sensitiveness. and filtering minor movements.

2. Give us option for change world rotation and position! the world pivot is fixed in current pitool motion compensation. So it’s really difficult to install a tracker in right position on simulators. Normally the easy position is not matched with world rotation or position. it’s really bad and hard to figure it right. I think it’s not hard thing to give us option to adjust the pivot.

Thank you for reading, I really wish you fix this issue. I’m waiting the fix for almost a year now.

5 Likes

@Alex.liu @PimaxVR
I hope you’re following this thread.

5 Likes

When quest is easy to use with virtual desktop and there is interface to start game immediatly without doing anything on computer, I hope we will have pitool home which be the same.

3 Likes

I will add, to list of features:

A) Color Saturation threshold

B) Making the display brightness adjustment on the “XR” Model. Note: not color brightness adjustment as that already exist. More like increase nits closer to the levels found on the Samsung Odyssey

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.