Pitool feature requests [post here]

Another Pitool and not all of us can use even the basic features in Pitool. Can we please get a FW/Pitool update that lets Navi users with the 5k+ (mine’s SN204) to use all the refresh rates instead of none of them working correctly now and being stuck on 90fps no matter what refresh rate is used?

1 Like

Can you please add “Refresh Rate” -options in individual Gameprofiles?
In example, if i play DCS i like “large FOV” at “90Hz”.
if i play Project Cars 2 i like “normal FOV” at “144Hz”.
So if i start the Games, let Pitool automatically switch “Refresh Rate”.
That would be awesome!

4 Likes

I’d like to have an option for always-on smart smoothing without the automatic switching between full and half fps.

4 Likes

Make the ultra leap mixed reality compatible to eliminate base station requirements.Also add increased fov to extra large,large,normal and small.

1 Like

Other refresh rates between 72hz and 90hz: Now that we are seeing additional refresh rates, I think it would be great to see at least one or two additional rates between 72hz and 90hz. I find 72hz to be just a bit too slow to actually use in VR titles other than racing SIMs, where I’m much more tolerant of low FPS. Like many users, I rely on Brainwarp in every title except racing SIMs, so I’m only achieving 45fps in the first place at the resolutions I wish to push. I’ll never make use of the 120 and 144 rates, and 72hz@36fps is way too low for me to stand - it starts to have noticeable lag. But I bet 80hz@40fps would be just fine. Would love to see that type of thing if possible!

2 Likes

Controller passthrough option to allow SteamVR to see the controllers (this will also fix the issue with Half Life: Alyx not showing up for people who got their Index controllers through Pimax).

In this passthrough mode Oculus games won’t work as they can’t see the controllers (maybe note “SteamVR only” on the option?).

@Alex.liu

7 Likes

Posted this in the Pitool 258 thread:

We really need the backlight option back, hopefully a 1-10 slider(not L/M/H). I just tried the FORM demo, and was put off by the backlight ruining the atmosphere. Can @Alex.liu comment why this was taken out? Is another function preventing this from working again?

2 Likes

Would like to get a ‘calibration overlay’ to correctly adjust the offsets. Maybe in Pimax home, or a separate application?

Also, the IPD adjustment overlay should be offset(down?), so that we can see the objects in the distance better while making the adjustment(the clarity of the image is more important than the number).

3 Likes

i would like jitter free graphics - that’s all

2 Likes

Need to rename the import game.

It’s a really simple one: add some updated nice icons to SteamVR that follows the new SteamVR color scheme. It’s not even Pitool but just a addition to the installation pack. This guy has made some really good icons: https://www.reddit.com/r/Pimax/comments/drsj9j/custom_icon_pack_for_steamvr/

3 Likes

“A smoothing function added to the motion compensation to allow the user to tune out small vibrations from motion rigs. Ideally with user defined parameters”

This is a big one for me as well.

These are even nicer (might be the same guy, new icons?):
https://community.openmr.ai/t/custom-steamvr-icons-for-pimax-headsets/26608

Actually, @Alex.liu has already contacted the guy from Reddit on hist post:

1 Like

Nah that’s a different person, my Reddit username is YamaPii.

1 Like

Find some solution to have the PiTool traybar icon reflect the HMD and Controller status:

• Tracking the configured number of base stations
  • Both controllers connected and tracking

Personally, I find it a bit cumbersome to always have to open PiTool in order to check if all shows blue. And the status popup is easy to miss.

Pitool should auto set all settings to the best known stable configuration on first installation so that none advanced users don’t have to fish around in settings and/or have an unpleasant first experience.

1 Like

Having smart smoothing with more than half fps for 144 or 120 hz mode.
Flight sims like DCS can not provide more than 45-50 fps, so it’s not possible to use 120 or 144 hz, as Current SS need at least 60 or 72 fps.
If SS interpolate 2 images on 3 or 3 on 4 we may be able to use these mode with 40 or 36 fps and so have a more fluid experience.

Actually working “Check Version” button (with a “beta/stable” dropdown)… :smiley:

5 Likes

Hey, today I tested the trick with the two oculus files and the textfile in the game directory of Your fav game(DCS in my case)…
It works great, best quality I ever seen throu the lenses of Artisan HMD and this @ 70-80FPS. Only two quality options left -> pitool@1;25 and DCS PD:1.0/2xMSAA. No shimmering or big AA issues.
I completely removed any steam/steamvr software :smiley:

—> Why is it possible to use parts of oculus software to play in good quality with a Pimax headset? Please fix that ASAP.

BR

1 Like
  1. It would be great if you somehow could launch a game or software with command-line arguments as some titles might need specific parameters to enable VR support and other things.
    I’ve tried to append command-line arguments to the executable’s path in the JSON file Pitool generates for the title you import. I haven’t had any success and Pitool returns a weird message saying that the shortcut will be deleted, though nothing happens and the executable launches as normal without VR.

2. Is there any development in supporting OpenXR? Recently native VR support has been added to Blender, the DCC software. Only OpenXR and oculus with a translation layer to OpenXR is supported. It also doesn’t work with Pitool’s oculus injection as it has to detect that an OpenXR or oculus runtime is active in the registry.

4 Likes