Pitool Beta v1.0.1.271 Discussion

Jup… :slight_smile:

Nope. I don’t think so but I would just install it anyway.

It’s supposed to be working on the latest Nvidia driver, but we (the public) haven’t seen the latest firmware update yet. The 90Hz beta firmware doesn’t work for me on latest Nvidia driver so I’m guessing/hoping I need an updated firmware (which isn’t out yet - there’s no firmware available when I check in .271).

5 Likes

Great thanks, I’m out of touch.

It’s hard to tell at a glance what Pimax is supporting, and I’m always reluctant to just ‘install the latest’ without feedback, because it can break a lot more than it improves :wink:

2 Likes

there’s no firmware available when I check in .271

Sorry more questions - so what’s your current firmware then? Mine’s 255, which according to this page is pretty old: https://community.openmr.ai/t/pitool-firmware-links/26733

Later ones are apparently delivered via ‘cloud’ - meaning? From PE Cloud profile or something?

I manually downloaded PT 271 from here and installed it, and it tells me there’s no FW update for 255. Which I assume is wrong. Is there a link to manually download a later one?

Aaaaand…I see I have to set PE as ‘Home’…now PT is downloading PE ~247Mb…is this actually the best way to update and install PE now?

2 Likes

The “Cloud” part just means they’re downloaded instead of being shipped with PiTool, I guess.

There’s no new stable firmware available which is newer than Yours or at least that’s how I thought it worked… :rofl:

Yes. That’s the way to handle PE.

3 Likes

OK, tried out.
RTX 3090, Nvidia driver version is 466.63
Pitool updated to V1.0.1.217. FW is x.298. (the 90Hz beta)
Set Panel Mode to native, set to 90 Hz.
Screen blacked on HUD.
no success.
Pitool “Restart Service” caused an error

sorry for message in German.
What is expected to be checked from our side as customers and testers?

By the way, tried upscaling with 114Hz, worked, but I am not convinced, SteamHome screen text is a little bit blurry, so useful for certain applications, but not in general.

3 Likes

OK thanks again Doctor! Guess I must be on the latest FW then :sweat_smile:

Apart from x.298 90Hz beta?? :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

There’s a new firmware available here:

There’s also a new dfu.exe firmware utility with .271.

Guess the check either doesn’t work or they forgot to “mark” the new firmware as stable (it’s always a bit confusing with Pimax, right?)… :rofl:

5 Likes

Aha. Jeez they don’t make it easy do they…daily visits to the forum are essential or there’s no way to keep track hehe

3 Likes

90 Hz doesn’t work me either but it didn’t work with previous PiTool and .298 fw either.

That’s why I’m hoping that the improvements they mention are only when applying a firmware which isn’t publicly available yet.

If it’s supposed to work with fw .298 I’m still out of luck… :lying_face:

4 Likes

OK, I have the beta 298, they offer the 296, is there another version available?

2 Likes

Not that I know of.

As mentioned I’m hoping they forgot to release the firmware.

2 Likes

OK, thanks a lot, so I am not the only one. Let´s wait and see.

3 Likes

Nope. Black screens here too… :crossed_fingers::wink:

2 Likes

agreed. would like to see 90 Hz again with the new driver.

4 Likes

Oof took me a while to find the 298 beta FW, here it is in case anyone else was looking: https://pimax.com/m298-beta-firmware-for-8k-x/

I’ll stick with 296 myself for now, unless 90hz starts working on 2xxx cards

3 Likes

I wonder if the frame/fill rate will be sufficient for NV 20XX. But anyway, the Displayport will be the true bottleneck…

3 Likes

Was this acknowledged!?

I was wondering why for a year my main pc couldn’t update firmware at all. But now I can , but haven’t installed the drivers for my T300 yet.

2 Likes

Wow i thought it was fishy because in device manager when i look at the device it says guillemot when I go into DFU mode.

Turns out thrustmaster’s driver is being loaded when the Pimax is connected or something.

4 Likes

I can confirm AMD 6900XT @ 90hz 90 FPS on 8Kx is working, and has been for weeks.
Look great! feels great!

It is not all good. There is a problem (double vision) with SS and if I drop below Hz then I get double vision (in each eye).
e.g. 90hz hit 85fps or 75Hz hit 70fps
It is like having two pictures on top of each other, off set.
i.e. The original image and the fill in replacement image on screen at the same time and not aligned. This is in either eye, or both or one at a time.
Two tickets written, pimax seam to be ignoring it.

But if i hit fps, wow great.

5 Likes

Thanks for information Darrel. I have 6800xt I guess it will work 90hz . I have to check .

2 Likes