Pitool Beta v1.0.1.271 Discussion

https://community.openmr.ai/t/pitool-beta-v1-0-1-271/36199

Haven’t had a chance to test it out yet, but for those who have, please let us know if it works well or not… :wink:

EDIT:

There’s a new firmware too but it’s not currently released:

If You want to beta test it, write a PM to @PimaxUSA:

11 Likes

Wait, so they managed to make 90Hz compatible with the latest Nvidia driver?

4 Likes

Seems so:
https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimax-8kx-90hz-beta-is-out-for-nvidea-30-series-cards-is-out-share-your-opinions-here-please/35381/260

4 Likes

Just tried out this beta Pitool. 90Hz still doesn’t work on the latest Nvidia driver. I get black screen on my headset. I think we need to wait for the new 8KX firmware to come out first.

The new Dfu.exe flasher looks better.

7 Likes

Jup… :wink: Now all we need is a new firmware as You said… :+1:

2 Likes

I am confused with the version number. I have been using Pitool v1.0.2.087 v2 since last December

Why the latest version number was decreased to v1.0.1… again?

3 Likes

At some point 1.0.1.x were public releases and 1.0.2.x were internal only releases so that 1.0.2.x release actually shouldn’t have been released… :wink:

7 Likes

Ok so it’s better to wait cause now everything works on 90hz otherwise it will be Verry annoying to revert everything back again to make it work but on Reddit they said it works with the latest drivers but I guess it’s not ready yet
But if it works it’s no problem trying it out

3 Likes

I would think that for those who had a working 90Hz setup there would be little to no difference in upgrading but for those that didn’t the new PiTool (and firmware I presume, which isn’t yet “released” i.e. when checking for new firmware in PiTool it doesn’t detect any if You’re already on the beta 90Hz firmware (.298)) will hopefully bring the fix… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok thanks for the info I will wait until it’s working :+1:t2:

3 Likes

I agree, I flashed the 298 and the DFU seemed to work smoother and it presents better. Looking forward to the new firmware as have black screen on 90Hz.

3 Likes

Wait? So it doesn’t actually work on the most recent driver?

1 Like

This might be silly question since I haven’t been paying attention but can the Amd 6900 xt 90hz with 8kx?

1 Like

Has the firmware upgrade bug with interfering Guillemot drivers been fixed as well?

2 Likes

Check this thread:
https://community.openmr.ai/t/6900xt-8kx-90hz-native-4k-working/35759

I don’t think I’m aware of that bug but if it requires a firmware upgrade it’s not fixed since I haven’t been notified (checked many times) of a firmware upgrade and I’m on .298 (the 90 Hz beta firmware).

3 Likes

I actually ended up getting 6800xt. The 6900xt were just too much $$ for me.

1 Like

I wouldn’t think there’s a difference in regards to 90Hz, but again, not really sure… :slight_smile:

1 Like

The 6800xt was too much $$ too!!:joy:

2 Likes

Can anyone please confirm what is required / compatible for NMS DLSS support? I haven’t been VRing recently, these are my versions for 8KX:

1. PT V1.0.2.087

2. FW V2.1.255.292

3. Nvidia 461.09

4. Latest NMS patch

5. Do I need the latest Nvidia driver (which has the DLSS support IIRC)? I guess so?

6. Do I need the latest PT and FW?

7. With the latest PT and FW, is 90Hz mode incompatible with the latest Nvidia driver? I don’t have a 3xxx card but would be good to know.

Thanks!

Edit hmmm the forum changed my numbering hehe

2 Likes

I ment this one here:
https://support.pimax.com/en/support/solutions/articles/60000694699-how-to-uninstall-guillemot-stm-dfu-device

I have this same problem with my gaming PC as well to which the 8K-X is attached, and when I did the last driver / firmware update, I had to connect my HMD to my little convertible where firmware update worked flawless.

Whereas in my case, I am not quite sure whether it really is that same Guillemot issue, as I cannot find any such entry in my hardware setup:
grafik

But at least I know

• it worked for years with my former 4K and 5K+ and the one or two first firmware updates with the 8K-X;
  • but fails since December / January such as DFU isn’t able recognize the 8K-X properly and gets stuck during upgrade.

So far, I haven’t done the work-around described in Pimax’ link since I found it easier to do it via my convertible.
But it would be quite nice if that issue would be fixed one day :wink:

2 Likes