PiTool 2020.3.24 - HLA ready

Wonder there is no thread for this yet in the Forum :wink:
From Facebook:

NEW PiTool for Half-Life: Alyx- Looking for an easy way to optimize the performance with your HLA?
Pimax bring you the latest PiTool (2020.3.24 ) with recommended settings for Alyx!
This new version makes it fast and easy to bring out the best combination of visuals and frame rate for HLA!
Please let us know what you think? If there are more games you would like to see special optimizations for please let us know.
Grab the latest PiTool here: https://www.pimax.com/pages/pitool

8 Likes

Interesting, does anyone know what exactly it does that’s different from our normal settings? The description is rather vague.

3 Likes

Maybe because the version number is lower than 258. @Heliosurge is looking into the error. Also would like to know what specifically is sacrficed with low performance vs high performance.
Also your title appears to be the date and some may read it as the PT a version number. It isn’t even a date on either of the 255 files in the link.

What version shows in the tool?

3 Likes

The date of release on Facebook doesn’t match Download link. 3/24/2020 where Pimax site says 3/31/2020.

I just tried it, it seems to be a recommended setting auto-apply version, depending on your GPU, nothing more.

I can’t see any other changes, it works as usual.

BTW, is anybody have a “shaky hands” in HLA ? It is not very strong, and appears only in HLA, but my hands are not steady at all.

Edit : I’m not alone with this issue : Hand jitter only in this game :: Half-Life: Alyx General Discussions

2 Likes

What version lists in the tool?

1 Like

Is this 255se? Missing Gpu Catalyst setting?

The Gpu catalyst setting is here too. The base seems to be the 258 version.

1 Like

Okay so Version number is 2020.3.24? 🤦 so not really a 255 version. Wonder if this version number change is going to be new standard?

So they didn’t even bother to follow the numbering convention within the tool. Hope whoever did that wasn’t also responsible for the tool itself. Sloppy.
So it would just seem to be another variant of PT 255 as that version number appears in the download link.

I’ll pass as I already have ALYX settings where i want and don’t need Pimax’s recommendations on what they think my hardware is capable off, when their own capabilities are suspect.

Okay think I have enough to post something while waiting on more info thanks.

1 Like

The version in the tool isn’t the version on the download link. it’s another mistake.

3 Likes

Yep pt 258 special release v2020.3.24 🤦 not 255se.

4 Likes

This.

Is awesome!

I am very curious to see how much control PiTool forces on the misbehaving VR app. :smiley:

2 Likes

As requested in the Pitool Feature Requests thread we need to add ALL settings(refresh rate) so that we can fine tune the settings ourselves and not have to remember additional settings and reboot the hmd to optimize each game to our liking/hardware.

3 Likes

I was wondering if this was even legit at first. It seemed so sketchy with the numbers being off and the vague description. I wondered if Pimax was hacked and they had placed malware on their download page disguised to look like Pimax software.

2 Likes

I’m surprised there isn’t a DCS special edition. I feel like that’s 90% of what people here play. :joy:

8 Likes

You know what day it is today, right?

4 Likes

Is that what this is? The PiTool has a 3.24 date on it so that wouldn’t be a fair joke. Also, Pimax’s actions in general are enough of a joke to not filter something like this out.

3 Likes