PiTool 2020.3.24 - HLA ready

No need for an Alyx entry when there are Custom Game Settings one can utilize.
It is April 1 so take it for what it is. :+1: :grin:

2 Likes

That option is available, although it defaults to 10, instead of a more appropriate value of 0.

Whatā€™s still missing is the Backlight Brightness option. I really miss that and wish Pimax would add it back to the UI.

3 Likes

My guess would be that the version number is actually the date it was made. 2020-03-24 :wink:

@Alex.liu
Found an irritating bug, im unable to save my color settings, they revert as soon as I change to another game profile and back.

1 Like

Does this have the same performance problems as .258?

P.S. 258 also seems to have tracking problems with my controllers btw

1 Like

I have the same dropouts with .255 with index controllers unfortunately. This seemed to be the same as .258 for me with an alyx tab and so tbh, i find it useless

Iā€™m not sure what this version is doing differently, but it seems more stable for me than .258 so Iā€™ll take it.

1 Like

I have the left controller disconnects while moving from time to time issue

on the 268 beta.

I literally downgraded to 253 last night and will definetly say, no issues with controller connection

and distortion i was seeing on the 268 beta is gone.

253 is near ā€¦perfect.

guess i will try this and hope the distortion doesnt come back.

1 Like

April Fools!!! :laughing:

ā€¦wait thats every other day of the yearā€¦around here.

4 Likes

so this is just the same 255 firmware with preselected settings?

i wonder if pitool is at least doing something different.

268? Do you mean 258 ?

This is a patched 258 as it has gpu catalyst

1 Like

It would be funny if this is an April fools experiment. Release another release of the last Pitool with no real changes to see if people have a different reaction just because they think something has changed. A similar thing happens on iRacing all the time, people base their comments and reactions on the game based on release notes. iRacing have intentionally mislead people in the past to see how people react and the reaction was not based on the actual software but on what they expected based on false notes. But iRacingā€™s notes are also incomplete and iRacing often fail to mention things they have done and the reaction is based on the perception that unmentioned things donā€™t exist. Then along comes a staff member to say something along the lines of ā€œwell actually we do model that and have done for years, we just forgot to mention it in the release notesā€. Speaking of iRacing, they usually do a great April fools joke and I have not seen this years joke yet.

3 Likes

Well on the good and Bad. All we know is this has Alyx launch optimizations. Otherwise best to assume itā€™s just 258 until we hear different.

1 Like

In the future, it should not be Alyx menu. It should be game performance and have a list of supported game to specific.

4 Likes

my bad

im talking about
P2_RELEASE_M263_t20200316220612_r27998ae.dfu
which when installed shows like 2.1.255.263 in PiToolā€™s firmware section

distortion seems worse for me in that one.

I need to do some more back and forth to confirm this ā€¦so have your salt shaker ready.

Pimax doesnā€™t need an occasion to mislead us. They intentionally mislead us enough already.

Hence my April fools comment earlier.

P.S. IRacingā€™s joke is that people keep paying for it every yearā€¦hahaā€¦i kidā€¦ or am Iā€¦just kiddingā€¦

ā€¦or am iā€¦

1 Like

so well that alyx optimization cant stay on the left like that forever. 1 game getting so much UI space is odd.

I do like this idea of pimax putting optimized settings from a database for each game. Kind of like geforce experience.

I would like them to do this better so those of us with less time to tinker can get a good out of the box experience. (Out of the Orange Box experience in this case)

And pimax for the love of all that is holy please fix the dropdown list of gsmes. Put in a table that we can sort by name, or last install date or whatever we choose. Or even better a text box next to the drop down so we can search by name. @SweViver, @PimaxQuorra

Its insane trying to find HLAlyx in my mile long list

7 Likes

I often feel like itā€™s a joke I keep paying for it. I actually took a few years away from it and came back. Unfortunately there really isnā€™t another option that offers all the things iRacing offers. But I have been enjoying AC a fair bit this week and havenā€™t played iRacing in that time.

2 Likes

I reverted to 253 last night and never experienced a single drop out. I was getting them constantly before.

I really donā€™t think I want to update to this version because 253 also seemed to have solved the distortion i was experiencing

a prize to anyone who getā€™s this reference

1 Like