Pitool 1.0.2.086

thanks but the link is the same as the official one wich i installed, i can’t find any ipd tool and there is no pimax experience

not sure in that case then…I haven’t upgraded yet…

I can’t download Pitool 1.0.2.086 using the link

I just re-tested the link and was able to download it. Seems ok to me.

2 Likes

Downloading now, link seems to work. File is called “PiToolSetup_1.0.2.086_V2.0.rar” which seems right, but don’t know what’s inside until unpacked.

I’ll probably hold off installation until it’s integrated with PE though.

Question is doas it work. Anyone happy here with new “per eye” adjustment ? Cant test myself as I’m out of my place.

1 Like

If You’re asking if it’s working in PE it still doesn’t as PE isn’t updated yet (IPD Adjustment part just says “coming soon”)… :wink:

Haven’t tried it in PiTool but did notice that they’ve changed the default background logo image to one with a green Pimax logo.

I’m OK with default values (weren’t on 5K+ but am on the 8KX) so I think I’ll wait until the adjustment can be done in PE.

2 Likes

As a simer I dont care too munch about PE. Features in Pitool are enough for me. Personally I have some problems with 2 eyes in sweetspot/ focus. Looking for solution. This could be the one.

5 Likes

Guess (hope) You know by now, but it just contains the .exe (“PiToolSetup_1.0.2.086.exe”) for the installer once extracted… :wink:

1 Like

HELL YEAH!!!

Thx @miracle and especially @ all the PIMAX engineers!!! While I could make 8kX quite usable and bearable before (after some serious problems and heavy eye strains at the very beginning) , now it is a very enjoyable experience! I used Virtual Desktop and set virtual display distance to about 3.5meters to focus on. With my IPD of 60.5 (30.0 left / 30.5 right) my settings in PiTool now are:

IPD Offset: Left 0.2 Right 1.4
screen vertical offset value : left 2.5 right 3

so much less eye strain now with ability to change IPD Offset by 0.1 ! 0.5 steps turned out to be too big to set it optimally, at least for me.

@miracle, @PimaxUSA: It would be great if we could change vertical offset by 0.1 steps, too, as I feel, this could improve the overall picture quality even more. Still waiting for some guided IPD adjustment, but I am sure, this will come. And please, @SweViver/@arminelec , let us save those settings as user presets. Otherwise it is quite cumbersome passing the headsets to others.

That´s why I still didn´t turn my back on pimax, as I know their HMDs/hardware is only one part and they have some capable engineers pushing the software and having /getting more and more options to optimize it.

THX AGAIN! :clap:

15 Likes

are you asking or telling?

Yep that’s what I found. I was just curious if it was an old exe or something as @jeroen thought it linked to an official one, which presumably would be older.

1 Like

telling, the issues with tracking are solved

3 Likes

Yes, it would be awesome to change them per game as well. As I find different engines need slightly different settings.

6 Likes

Thank you for your support and Suggestions. I will pass them on

8 Likes

Thanks for this very helpful tool!
I have the 5k+ and don’t have any issue with one specific eye, but I just measured my left eye to nose distance and the right one, and it appears they are not the same.
I took it in account by setting +0.9mm on the left and -0.9 on the right, while setting my real IPD that must be around 63.5 and the result in term of 3D scale and fidelity was immediately noticeable.
there are a couple of things to fix, but thanks for this improvement.
the things to fix:

with this new personal setting, I can see somewhere in my sight, a discrete vertical white line on one eye (the left side of the right panel), corresponding to the border of one panel,
but this is very discreet, only barely visible on total dark scenes, and I can only perceive it when looking straight forward.
this looks like it start to appear when approaching the -1.0mm offset on the right eye, when the IPD wheel is set to 63.5mm.

the left and right offset is not taken in account in the IPD number showed on in the helmet.
this is normal if I set a number a and it’s opposite -a as left and right offset, since it means a global shifting to the left of both virtual eyes, but if I set lets say +2 and -5 then this should increase the eye to eye distance by 0.3mm but the number on the screen (the one that changes when you turn the wheel) stays the same.
I am not saying the number doesn’t change when you turn the wheel, but just that this number is not affected by the IPD offset although it was on the previous pitools.
however, thanks again for the effort.

1 Like

@Miracle - I was trying to adjust the backlight as low as it could go(TWD:Saints & Sinners), and noticed at below 17 the screen is black. It seems odd that the cutoff is at 17, and it looks like there could be more adjustment for a lower setting. Is this a bug?

Backlight adjustments still doesn’t work for the 8KX with this PiTool ?

Bad thing about this version is the backlight for the 5k+.

the 0-100% seems to be like 0.1-1 of pitool .264(though you can’t go to 0.1, just 1-4).
I normally set it to default which is 2 in pitool .264 and the colors and brightness is fine.

So, 100% in pitool 2.086 is like 50-65%.
i also does not like to stick to the settings you want for backlight, i set it to 100% and it likes to go to 96-98% after next reboot.

The good of this pitool.
it seemed to fix the PP(parallel projection) sometimes not applying when booting the headset(the Light would be green and not purple, and i would have to turn off PP and apply, then turn it back on and apply again for it to stick).

The other issue i had was, i had to keep restarting pitool services when i first reboot my Pc for all 3 vive trackers to connect, as the one that was paired to the headset would not show up in the list.

Hope this info helps at all @PimaxQuorra @PimaxUSA @SweViver @Alex.liu

~Todd

1 Like

confused :confused:
I downloaded 1.0.2.084 and installed it, just as the KS backer email suggested.
But this thread is talking about 086, there is no 084 talk to be found on the forum.

After installing 084 the tool says there is a 261 available, but that was 1.0.1.261, no?

So what to do next, just use the 086 V2.0 link?

That was the part with links of the KS email

If you have not used your Pimax VR headset recently we ALSO encourage to tryout our latest Pitool and Pimax Experience software app! The new Pimax Experience software is a free app that optimizes your SteamVR settings for maximum resolution and detail and acts as an optimized game launcher. You can download the latest Pitool and Pimax Experience here:

Pimax VR Experience 0.60.00 https://drive.google.com/file/d/10jKI8OwonLlXx0sM2Qdw2YwxkaVDudih/view?usp=sharing

PiTool 1.0.2.084
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GbqVsJOigAA_qlY6akJT64tiMCnX1R5U/view?usp=sharing

With the new hardware installed and the latest Pitool with the Pimax Experience installed it will feel like you have purchased a new VR headset and we encourage you to checkout the countless improvements that are now part of the experience!

2 Likes