Pitool 1.0.2.086

Same here. Only one colour or all can be applied at any time.
Using it to reduce the red too. This red problem is carried over from 264. I had highlighted it then, but it continues.

4 Likes

I first liked doing default everything at 0, then -2 Red Brightness, -1 Green Brightness. Colors seemed good, but the picture was a little less vibrant.

Iā€™ve settled on +1 Contrast/-2 brightness everywhere, but thereā€™s a slight yellow tint sometimes, and I think Contrast should be more at like +0.5 or +0.75, since thereā€™s crushing of bright colorsā€¦of course we canā€™t do that yet. I think enough people have asked that we should see that at some point (more increments of contrast/brightness besides +1/-1

1 Like

or the more ā€œsimpleā€ solutionā€¦
Make PiTool able to import ICM profilesā€¦ :sunglasses:
No more guessing what looks best, just apply correct color profile. (A few of us have ā€œrantedā€ about this ages ago)
@PimaxQuorra @Alex.liu

9 Likes

You mean stereo depth for the test image with the vertical and horizontal colored lines? Never saw depth there. Maybe I should play with the setting.

1 Like

Hello,

Alex isnā€™t often online for the community, but we will forward this message to him, make sure he get the suggestion from the community.

Sincerely.

5 Likes

What is the possibility of adding a ā€œSaturationā€ tab for the colors? Right now users are trying to pop colors via contrast and brightness, but in reality, saturation is one option required besides ā€œBrightnessā€ and ā€œContrastā€ to have a full set of complementing options

My two cents :wink:

8 Likes

And how per say is one going to generate these Pimax ICM profiles? I know my i1Display Studio would have a hell of a time trying to fit in the 8K-X headset as would any other industry calibration tool.

The best one could aim for is more of a visual calibration routine from within the headset but that is still subjective to user interpretation of the calibration process. Unless someone has a VR calibration colorimeter available that can be teamed up with X-Rite software or similar.

That would be nice.

Using profiles from other devices (screens) is a pointless effort.

My colorspider worked quite well on the 5K+ :wink:
One could also just unmount the ComfortKit
Been there done that, a whole thread has been created just on this subject.
Just thought Iā€™d kick the old horse to see if we could bring it back to life :rofl:
It would be amazing if we could do this

4 Likes

I managed to get rid of the motion ghosting by reverting to the previous Pitool.

i tought that was the newest firmware has isue whit ghosting. but nice find :slight_smile:

I feel like I could remove the ghosting by reducing the backlight brightness to 50 or 60 on the latest pitool. I think higher values introduce ghosting which make sense

3 Likes

Very good idea. That would solve lot of problems with color.

@Miracle @PimaxVR @PimaxUSA @PimaxQuorra @Heliosurge
Is it possible to push this saturation idea to the big guys? Honestly I think this is as important as 60Hz for 8kx

4 Likes

I also made a thread here:

https://community.openmr.ai/t/saturation-option-for-pitools/33302

3 Likes

I seem to have two issues with this Pitool.

1. Left eye needs to have brightness plus one for all colors. I know one more 8kx owner has the same issue. Please can others confirm?
  2. Red colour need to reduce contrast -1 for both eyes, to get a perfect color wheel.

Since both cannot be applied at the same time, I now just reduce left eye contrast and live with the red.

@Heliosurge, can you please check with this. I have noticed the red issue since 264

5 Likes

I will take a look when I get a chance.

1 Like

My screens seem to have the same intrinsic brightness, but Iā€™ve seen a few reports of this (including 5K+ and 8K). Unfortunately, it seems that not all LCDs age (break-in) at the same rate.

At least you can counteract the issue with the software setting, but itā€™s too bad that the per-color-channel settings are borked. As a GUI software engineer, I understand the challenges, but unfortunately, that part of the UI could use a redesign. I havenā€™t tried the Pimax Experience in a while, perhaps itā€™s better. If not, I might email my ideas to SwiViver.

3 Likes

This left screen brightness difference is only visible in very dark scenes. It also seems related to Pitool version. Colors were fine in 263 for me

2 Likes

That sounds like the contrast is off (or the left screen is having an issue).

1 Like

Increasing contrast on left eye doesnā€™t work only brightness

1 Like

OK soā€¦I see what you mean nowā€¦and as I see it:
Global ā€œAll Channelsā€ Overwrites anything you do with the colors.
If you just go by colors, and donā€™t touch ā€œAll Channelsā€ at all, then itā€™ll stay.

My colors seem a bit yellowish, but if lower green, then itā€™s reddish, so I like:
+1 Contrast on all Colors, -2 Brightness on Red/Green, and -1 Brightness on Blue.

2 Likes