Pitool 1.0.1.121 Beta Test Release for Brainwarp 1.0

Hi,

Reinstalling SteamVR did not help. Even ran X-Plane 11 installer but no change.

Looks like that Pitool v.121 does not work with X-Plane11 at the moment. Hopefully the Pitool developers will have a look at this.

Ended up removing Pitool v.121 completely and reinstalling v. 112.

With Pitool v.112 my X-Plane 11 runs again.

Did anyone manage to run X-Plane 11 with Pitool v.121 successfully? Would be interested in how you did it.

Werner

1 Like

At the end of the day, whilst these extra options are welcomed, it results in MORE FIDDLING about rather than it working out of the box with minimal fuss.

My first impression using my default 64mm IPD setting seemed to suggest slightly easier on the eyes but this could be placebo. I did get a FW update as well.

Further investigation with 2D content viewing where the problem occurred the most and it seems the default might have a better fit. However, as far as I can tell the issue centers around the relative small size of the sweet spot and on the edge where it’s clear and then out of focus (pupil swim). I am going to assume the sweet spot size is lessened when using a thicker face foam, so a bit of a catch 22 scenario.

Playing around with the IPD adjustment in real-time is pretty stressful on the eyes as the focus changes and your eyes adjust. That said, for certain types of content it might help aid in getting the manual adjustment better suited. So for example, keep it at your measured IPD, then adjust + or - using the software until it looks better. Once the desired setting is found, return to 0 in software and adjust the manual IPD to where the software suggested.

Obviously more testing is required to see if this is feasible.

1 Like

One comment: WOW ! The IPD adjustment is really great, felt a small amount of pupil swim before, but with a negative offset of 0.5 this is all gone now for me!

Just tried Skyrim, maxed out contrast and reduced brightness slightly, what a difference this makes in dark scenes. Details on mountains in the distance becomes crisp and clear, at default these would just be uniform shades of grey. Smoothing seems to be working good as well, but I do not have any motion controllers or base stations, so can’t tell how the performance is.

As some has mentioned that there are too many options, I don’t agree as I welcome this with open arms. I would suggest though that you make an “advanced setting tab” for fine tuning and keep the basic settings where they are.

Geat work !!

12 Likes

Oh my god the latest branch is awesomely! Can we get sharpening ? :wink:

Sharpening works VERY well combined with super sampling

8 Likes

Seems to be just Nolo then as vive controllers has vibrations working.

2 Likes

@Sean.Huang

First of all big thanks for all your continued hard work and new features in Pitool.
Tested 3 sim games more than 3 hours Today : PC 2, IL2 Sturmovik, Elite Dangerous with my Strix 2080TI OC /i7 8700k OC.

What I like:

• Saturation/brighness slider works great and make this headset even better. Colors quality with some tweaks and mods are very close to the RIFT panels :slight_smile: I really like my new settings for ED/IL2 “high brighness mode” -3 BR on slider, + 3 Sat slider , So all colors including black level are more vivid than in previous beta .111
  • FFR is finally working great with Elite Dangeorous , tested “balanced” / 90 hz mode settings only but love it ! I’m going to stay with FFR on in ED becouse it’s adds me around 15 fps or more !! depends of scene in so called “heavy scenario”.
  • this version it’s pretty stable and messing with all setting dot get me to the point that I have to reboot/reinstall like it was in old ver .112

Issue to improve/fix :

Smart Smoothing in PC2 is working but compared to beta .111 its add a way more ghosting to the image !! :confused: Tested and compared SM 90/45 hz mode between .111 vs .121. Looks like frame rates are smoothness now , probably new Pitool adds more frames in this feature but PC 2 is IMHO visualy unplayable again with so munch extra ghosting ! I really want it back like it was in .111 or please make an options/ slider ( normal/agressive)

FFR- is not working/active with PC2
FFR - is not working with IL 2 ( game crashed in a second in plane or even not starts with FFR on)

10 Likes

Thx, I checked that it was vibrating.

1 Like

You should also add game profiles where you can save your settings Per Game!

4 Likes

IPD offset! Woot! Now I can fit my nose in but set the ipd lower!! This is huge!

6 Likes

Can anyone test this with iRacing and let me know what’s changed?

2 Likes

I have to agree with you regarding smart smoothing ghosting though… After everything else was dialed in, I paid more attention to this issue and find it way worse than previous versions, unfortunately.

2 Likes

I suppose it’s a work in progress. They didn’t have the same level of funding for R&D as Oculus with their FaceBook money. These things take time. The fact that they are still actively improving the tool is already something that is commendable. To be honest, this is the only one of the many Kickstarter campaigns I backed up that actually sent out the product as promised. For that alone I’m grateful.

16 Likes

Which headset did you receive? Backer or pre order?

Good work @Doman.Chen @Sean.Huang , in spite of the fact that it is still a test version, a lot of things have actually been done. And of course thanks from NoloVR users. Of course, not everything is perfect, but we will report everything where there are problems.

3 Likes

I think you will be very happy with the new contrast & Brightness options in ED, Game that I just bought for 30$CAN (deluxe package)

3 Likes

Is that ED? Noticed it’s on sale. Time to grab it I think.

3 Likes

A think this should be resolve be preset for each games in futures versions

2 Likes

Indeed & most will usually leave settings alone unless they feel a need to play with them.

I have to say in my xp Sony PS3 was a mess with how it’s settings were laid out & were not there. Lol

1 Like

Anyone wanna save me time and let me know if skyrim vr is worked for them on this beta?

skyrim works,and the contrast setting is good for this game…

6 Likes