Pitool 1.0.1.121 Beta Test Release for Brainwarp 1.0

Just before reading this post I had found myself with big troubles waking the headset up/rebooting it. I was on the latest official Pitool version and the HMD just wouldn’t show the Pimax logo when starting the computer. In the past it had always worked to unplug the power and restart the computer to wake up the HMD, but not this time. I tried every possible combination of resetting/restarting software/hardware but the headset was either black/screen off, or screen on but no Pimax logo at startup. Then I logged onto the forum and found this post, and voila, the new Pitool beta (and maybe installing the latest nvidia drivers) seems to have solved it! Thank god

5 Likes

@Sean.Huang i am very impressed with the ipd offset feature :slight_smile:
Do you think it’s possible to have a “per eye ipd” adjustment ?
Thank you

7 Likes

I’ve lost to change refresh rate…and it is saying 72hz… think I’ll have to go back to old version to change it to 90hz

just restart Pitool it should come back

4 Likes

Cool, will have a play and update my review where necessary.

6 Likes

Hello, regarding “Support latest NOLO_UPDATE” can you please confirm it works with NOLO Home 1.11.12 and the latest firmware? I am waiting for NOLO support to help me update the devices to the latest firmware and I wouldn’t want it to be for nothing. Last time I tried to do it myself the base station got bricked and they had to send me a new one. Thank you.

3 Likes

I have had similar problems, but maybe a bit less severe. Since the feedback has been pretty positive for this beta version, I’ll upgrade tomorrow. (It’s late at night here.)

2 Likes

I’ve been losing it on the old version too. Try restarting PiTool, before going back to the old version. Quitting and restarting PiTool always restores the refresh rate control for me.

4 Likes
  • knuckles now work with all gesture and animation, tested in moondust… Great Job!

• I need more testing, but… just tried beat saber on large fov, Pitool 1.0 and 150% SteamVR… Image is really crisp, fixed foveating works and… I get solid 90 fps with 6ms GPU frame time!!! I never achieved this results before

• color regulations rocks! would be great having some hotkey to change this in game

13 Likes

I think IPD centre line adjustment achieves the same thing and would need just one slider?

I also think a save profile setting feature to quickly allow switching between optimal settings for different user/applications would be very useful

4 Likes

I used latest firmware and works well

3 Likes

Hi,

looks like that I got some trouble with pitool v1.0.1.121 and X-Plane 11.

Everything was fine with pitool v 1.0.1.112 and .111, but with .121 I cannot get into the game.

After removing.112 and installing .121, a software update was successfully executed. I then did the room setups in pitool and in SteamVR.

When launching X-Plane 11, the game starts normal and I can see the virtual hangar on my monitor. Moving the HMD will result in normal movements in the virtual hangar of X-Plane 11 and is displayed on my monitor.

BUT INSIDE MY HMD I AM STUCK IN THE GREY SPACE WITH THE WHITE CIRCLES and cannot see the virtual hangar.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Werner

3 Likes

just reboot pitool and services

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for this suggestion! Will try and report back.

Werner

1 Like

Slow tacking issue detected… Well, in general, everything is done cool. only I do not understand why the base station in SteamVR lies on the floor. and when I entered SteamVR I was rotated 45 degrees and I had to redo the settings in BeatSaber

2 Likes

Hi,

Rebooting Pitool and Services did not help.

I have now uninstalled SteamVR and I am downloading it again. Will see if this helps after reinstalling SteamVR.

Werner

1 Like

When setting up a room, you must preclude interference from your monitor or TV. It is better to cover them or turn them off

1 Like

Hi @Sean.Huang im waiting for an answer. You said you would answer in this week. Any news?

Smart smoothing shows once a game is running when needed.

Hi Eno should work. Doman posted in a Nolo beatsaber thread for 4k to test.

1 Like