[Pimax's updates] Solutions to feedback and Special customer service for backers

I haven’t tested but unplugging the wall adapter might keep it powered off. Emphasis on might.

No power from wall equals stays off :slight_smile:

1 Like

i srsly can not confirm that.
i just restarted my computer to see if it goes on but it stays off.
on top of the pimax is a on/off button. hold it and it should stay off. at least for me it always did so far.

1 Like

Yes but the usb & dp may still supply enough power to burn components if not using relay like/type switches.

2 Likes

Pimax has to be swamped because no one from support has contacted me any further.
Recently sent request to be added into the EarlyBacker section & even that went unaddressed.
Their support is simply terrible and it’s only going to get worse if they don’t shape up.

1 Like

Yes as revealed they need to increase support team size. As recently revealed team is less than 100.

@Sean.Huang can you plz help cmm get his 8k reolaced?

2 Likes

I have replied CMM via message.His issue is under arrangement now and i will give him the progress of this issue(the shipping arrangement status of new headset)

5 Likes

Update:
Pimax responded through email on 12-28-18 but it went unnoticed by me because there was no heads up.

3 Likes

Wow just found this thread and am relieved. I have both mentioned issues at the top.

Already opened a ticket for the dead pixel. I also have a loose part inside my headset but sometimes it gets stuck somewhere and the rattling stops.

Really really pleased to see that Pimax is on top of these issues and acting prefessional.

btw. Doman Chen replied 2minutes after I opened the ticket…

3 Likes

I’m still not getting any response on my support ticket or emails.
How is the support department doing nowadays? Are they back from holiday, big backlog?

Is the special customer service for backers still in place? And especially, how is this going? “we will keep all of our customers well-informed.” I don’t feel very well-informed yet.

1 Like

I am sure there is something along those lines going on right now.

1 Like

TLDR: Pimax wants me to ship back the defective headset before replacing it despite earlier promise (“Backers do not need to wait until we get the detective products back.”)

I got this email 20 days after Pimax confirmed they will ship a replacement HMD:

Dear Backer,

We have received the request of replacement headset from you, and sorry for your inconvenience.

Now we have backup the headsets stock in UK warehouse so that we could send the headset from UK instead of Shanghai. It will be faster than before.

But before shipment, we would like need your great support to return us the issue headset first.
We have contacted the delivery vendor and they will provide free pickup service for you.
You just only need to tell us what time slot you are available to get the package ready for returning the headset and confirm with us for your local contact number.
Example reply: i am available from 2/14-2/xx, my local contact number is xxxxx. i update my address is …(if want to change again)

Our delivery vendor will double confirm with you again for pickup by phone.

Once we received and confirm it, the shipment will be done asap from our UK warehouse.
If any special request, please inform of us, tks for your kindness and understanding.

Note: If the pickup is unavailable for some reasons finally, probably we will need you send out by yourself to UK warehouse, tks for your understanding.
But don’t worry we will reimbursement the cost of delivery for you by your paypal account.

tks for your support to Pimax!

黄海 Sean Huang
产品/技术支持/对外合作
Product/Tech Support/BD
sean.huang@pimaxvr.com
小派科技(上海)有限公司 | Pimax Technology (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
上海市浦东新区龙东大道3000号1号楼A区605室 | +86 13801814612
605A the first buliding, 3000 Longdong Avenue, Pudong District, Shanghai, China.
https://www.pimaxvr.com/

This is not what was promised in the first post here. I should be getting the replacement before shipping the original back.

@pimax, @PimaxUSA, @Pimax-Support, @Sean.Huang - please explain. Is this miscommunication, a lie, a change of policy, a broken promise or something else?

See pimax news topic.

Quick notes Some backers were not returning defective units as per the deal & has been seen here with folks having replacement & defective units weeks after. The rotten few spoiled the original offer.

So Something else category.

1 Like

its time someone step up against pimax,and not try to defend their complete chaos…
Yea there are some broken units not returned.

you know why?
There communication thats all.
No replys from support etc,sure things get lost.

But thats not our fault,so pimax do your job what your promised to us.

They are crossing the line now…

3 Likes

Well guess it could be awhile for you to resolve a stalemate.

We only have unscrupulous Backers to blame for the need to correct a poorly designed offer.

I wonder how many of those units we see on Ebay are those defective units?

It was a mistake on Pimax’s part to agree to directly ship replacements without a credit card/paypal payment with credit on defective unit’s return. I still think though they really should implement that idea as that is how many technology companies operate.

4 Likes

A good point. As we know Ebay doesn’t protect people that well anymore. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

1 Like

That used to be the policy. But now buyers can return products easily as doing a return at Walmart. Im a seller and have had to take back returns for various unscrupulous reasons, I even called Ebay support and they pretty much told me I HAD to take it back or get strikes against me even though they knew the buyer was returning the product due to their incompetence.

But of course Im not advising buying a 5K+ or 8K due to all the know issues it could have.

Hi John2910,

It was more fundamental than that. There were a couple of people not only saying publicly they would keep both units but actively encouraged others to do the same. I saw a fair amount of internal conversation about that. One idea was in situations where a replacement is authorized (not a repair) would be to place a credit hold on the persons credit card and provide a return label. Then send the replacement (no charge, just a hold) and when it’s received the customer uses the label and the hold is released.

The problem was that sort of VT capability isn’t directly do-able with the existing processor. However, it will when the local offices are open. So in the coming weeks new procedures will become available to handle these situations.

4 Likes

Hello thx for your reply,

Where did you saw those internal conversations?

Its good to take a look at the other options,but also think about the people who dont have a creditcard…

You could also make a deal with a one on one service at your door,that is that the postman give you the new device and you need to give the broken unit back and sign for it.

And how is the status of the pimax 8k?

But you know how it is to be two months active sending emails etc about my broken 5kplus en everytime getting different answers…And then of the sudden you change the backers policy…

I also have a company to run,and dont have time for this…
When you change a policy you will inform people before…

Also at the time pimax give us the option to change our pledge(8k),i did send alot off emails that i wanted to change my 8k to a 5k BE oled…But there werent any replies…

And in the last mail they said that its too late now…
I hope things will get better at pimax,but at the moment i dont advice my customers to deal with pimax.

Sure i hope it will get better in the future,we will see

Best regards