[Pimax's updates] Solutions to feedback and Special customer service for backers

pimax promises but doesn’t keep.
Korean ks backers don’t trust pimax anymore.

1 Like

Pimax promises are extreme optimistic and not well thought out. So you will have to do that for them.

3 Likes

What’s happening with the headphone jack?

Just as an FYI, when I initially plugged in my DAS` 3.5mm headphone jack, I only had sound on one ear. I then really pressed in the jack and have since had nice and crisp stereo sound.

4 Likes

A possible 4th (known) backlight leak issue. So far the symptom of one screen washed out/lighter and I can possibly make out in the pic they have taken possible backlight leak.

EDIT: No light leak, just some of the other symptom.

1 Like

I have a problem with the headphone jack as well sound in only 1 ear, reported as a fault and had a few replies and was promised someone would help, next thing my request is marked as RESOLVED. Not a happy camper at the moment.

3 Likes

@anon74848233, please have someone look in the issue above ^

Is π5k+ accurate? Date? Plz

@Sean.Huang @anon74848233 please add nick to early backer group. Can you also look into why his ticket was closed without resolution?

2 Likes

Had this same issue and it was due to using front usb ports(did so because i was unable to get tracking to work). So make sure you are using a USB port directly onto the motherboard.

1 Like

Already checked and I know its a mechanical socket issue as if I am careful pushing in the jack I can get the other channel to work on its own but pushed right in till it clicks only the right channel works. Tried 3 different sets of headphones and a DAS. None work…

1 Like

Ouch, what a pain. I hope you get a replacement headset quickly.

In the meantime, consider going wireless. I have this wireless headset, which I like a LOT. It’s got a great build quality, and feels like a premium product; they are a good value, imo.

. Corsair Gaming VOID PRO Surround Premium Gaming Headset with Dolby Headphone 7.1, Carbon - Newegg.com

The only downside is the range. It’s short, but the range extends to my kitchen and bathroom and therefore, I’m not “tied to my desk”.

1 Like

OK well this morning I received the following email:-

Greetings from Pimax VR,

Hi Nick,

Regarding the replacement of the defective Pimax 5K+ VR Headset, we are allotting it to our UK warehouse. We will arrange it for you soon once the items arrived in our UK warehouse,

please be patient.

Best regards,

Pimax Support

And this is the problem, if instead of just saying RESOLVED they had added a note saying ‘a replacement is on its way’ then I would not have worried.

They need to work on communication.

3 Likes

Can you tell me is the headphones socket kind of too deep in the headset, I mean if the sleeve of the plug will contact the housing of the headset before the connectors are in the bottom?
Or is the headphones socket kind of flimsy and gives before the plug hits the bottom?

Thats what came to my first and would explain the symptom of only one channel working.

2 Likes

@anon74848233 Do you know detail?

Do we have to returning the headset and give tracking to pimax for get new shipping really?

I am evaluating about time without headset to play.

1 Like

No there is no problem with the position of the socket, it seems properly fixed and does not move when plugging in the jack. It just does not seem to be able to connect to both sides L&R at the same time.

2 Likes

I had the same problem at the begin. I pushed the plug in and turned it clockwise a little at the same time like a screw and from then on it worked fine.

3 Likes

Which headset did you receive & date please?

I received the 5K+ on Dec 7.

1 Like

Are you sure it isn’t an issue of headphone jack compatibility?

2 Likes

Well, I did say I tried 3 sets of headphones and a DAS but if you think I need to try more to prove it isn’t then just give me a number and I’ll go buy some more.

1 Like

I found with mine the jack is tight & a simple tap made sound connect to both ears. I suspect might be an issue of staandards.

I remember when no name 3.5" floppies came out were slightly thicker. Causing them to get stuck in old IBM PS2 all in one computer 3.5" drives.

But yes does need to be evaluated.

1 Like