Pimax works for 5 seconds graphic card squeals headset goes black

Hi there guys I recieved my pimax 8k p2 last week and have had problems right from go.When I launch steam vr either through pitool or steam vr i can see the room in steam vr lit up inside the headset then about 5 seconds later the 1080ti graphics card starts screaming and the view on the monitor shakes violently spinning in every direction then the headset goes black inside but the 1080ti keeps screaming.I have tried a different power supply thinking it may be a power problem but it’s still exactly the same after replacing the headset power supply with another and also tried lots of settings in the pitool but I’m getting this every time I launch vr.
Thanks in advance

This sound like a graphics card problem not the HMD, or though I could be rong, I have seen this on My card when I push it to far, and My card it water cooled, is you card over clocked ?
Is you card getting to hot ?

2 Likes

Yeah I agree with @Possyguset sounds like a possible issue with your graphics card.

What is your system Specs?

Cpu/Ram
Motherboard model
Power Supply make & model

1 Like

I’m thinking an exorcism is in order.

5 Likes

LoL
And if that don’t do it, get @Heliosurge to argue with it, It will not stand a chance :roll_eyes::partying_face::+1::sunglasses::grinning:

3 Likes

Hay just realized you agree with me!!, wtf! :thinking:
Ho wait, it is Christmas XXX :partying_face::+1: :innocent:

1 Like

@Buzzdog001
Did you get it sorted ?

1 Like

Hey buddy

I9 processor
16gb corsair ram
1080ti
Aorus ultra gaming motherboard
Windows 10 64
KCAS 1000w

I bought an ECP01 adapter card I’m going to try if it’s a possible power problem and not a graphics card problem… ive read on a few forums some headsets have a power supply problem but deffinately running out of ideas now

1 Like

The card seems under stress only 5 seconds after steam vr is launched I see steam vr inside the headset for 5 seconds max then it blackens inside headset after the card squealing like crazy I’ve tried a few benchmarks with the card and it has an outstanding performance

Is it only the HMD that is going black, or dose the monitor go black as well ?

1 Like

When steam vr room can be seen in the headset for a few seconds everything works and is calm then the display on the monitor begins shaking from side to side (this is when the headset goes black) then the display on the monitor will spin violently continuous as the graphics card screams like mad until I end up manually exiting vr by using the keyboard.i was considering trying an earlier version of pitool but I think there may be the chance of bricking the headset

1 Like

This sound like a driver problem OR the game code is overvolting the graphics card.
Have you tried the different settings = 90 or 120 mhz

2 Likes

Pretty neat card. There was a vendor on here that had a sata to 12v adapter for headsets.

Looks like you should be good on psu. But think @Possyguset is likely right. Might be an idea if possible to test on another machine.

1 Like

He’s running am 8k so 80hz or less. On my 1080ti running hdmi monitor & headset on DP. If he’s running both off DP could he be having some odd problem with that?

1 Like

Also maybe check the nvidia control panel.

2 Likes

@Possyguset I only have an option in pitool for 64hz 72hz or 80hz in have tried all these settings and all are the same thanks again I will try and add a small video file i recorded using the phone camera

1 Like

From the video it looks like a tracking problem. Can you test your lighthouses with something else? Could be also a problem with the USB cable/connection (which can corrupt the tracking info).

Does the headset work without the LH tracking (in 3DOF mode)?

4 Likes

@risa2000
the lighthouses are still not properly fixed and mounted as they should be but i have also tried unticking using the lighthouses in pitool and suffers exactly the same problem ticked or unticked

1 Like

deffinately getting hot buddy