Pimax VR Experience - 0.85.0.0 Public Beta - Discussions šŸ’¬

Iā€™ve noticed that when Iā€™m in the PE Experience 0.85, Iā€™m getting what looks like reprojection on my hand movements. My hand movements are trailing basically. When Iā€™m in SteamVR this doesnā€™t happen and itā€™s perfectly smooth. It also doesnā€™t happen when Iā€™m in a game. Itā€™s only when Iā€™m in the PE. Iā€™m running a RTX3090 and an i9 cpu. Any ideas why Iā€™d get reprojection? Thereā€™s nothing obstructing my lighthouses and they are stable. Any suggestions on what to try? Iā€™ve reinstalled the Pitool drivers/PE a couple times and it hasnā€™t changed. Iā€™m also on the latest Nvidia drivers and headset firmware.

I like when the PE is render at 2.0 making everything sharp. But when you save a game settings that render at 1.0 for example, why does the PE looking crappy rendering at 1.0? I would hope that there is a independency in regard to rendering the UI of PE and game settings (so it doesnā€™t switch back and forth).

I noticed that too. I think itā€™s just a bug

If V.0.84 has the same issue i suggest to release an hotfix also for this version that is more stable at the moment

A new hotfix 0.85.0.2 is available:

https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimax-vr-experience-version-0-85-0-0-public-beta-available-now/34964/3?u=arminelec

2 Likes

Please make Pimax VR Experience launch VRChat in VR mode.

Currently, it launches VRChat in desktop mode, and thereā€™s no way to launch the game in VR from within the Pimax Experience.

So I have had to uninstall it.

Not having any problems with VRChat. Created a cloud profile for it.
Wow, this one has come a long way! I havenā€™t played VRChat in a couple of years and I have to say that it has improved a LOT! Pretty neat, actually!

** Warning**
In PE, select a game and then click the little cog to edit the ā€œLocal Game Profileā€.
Scroll down to ā€œImage Controlā€, click the little square icon in the middle for the sub settings.
Verify that you are editing the correct profile by examining the ā€œSelect Profileā€ drop down.
Click ā€œGo Backā€ because you were just looking and didnā€™t want to save anything.
This will return you to the ā€œnormalā€ profile editing window.
Except that you are no longer editing the same profile. If you start editing without scrolling back up to the top of the page and re-selecting the game that you are editing, then you will be editing the LAST profile, NOT the current one that you are working on!
Imho, this is either a bug or a poor design choice.

2 Likes

It is a bug. Added to backlog.

2 Likes

Could we get a setting to set a refresh rate for a game profile so we donā€™t have to change it manually every time we switch games?

1 Like

Unfortunately, at this moment with current PiTool and headset firmwares it is not possible. A change to refresh rate requires a headset reboot. As soon as the PiTool team implements an instant switch between refresh rates, we will add refresh rate options to any profile (local/cloud) settings.

7 Likes

I like this.

Whereā€™s @SweViver by the way?

A new PiTool is available with downloadable PE:

https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimax-vr-experience-version-0-85-0-0-public-beta-available-now/34964/4?u=arminelec

I would be totally fine waiting for the headset to restart when launching a game to switch the refresh rate. Is there a reason that would not be possible?

Yes, last year we tried it and since PE is not in control of its own lifecycle, it is not possible yet.

I had mentioned in the past that PiTool / Pi Service controls the headset and the app lifecycle. When PiTool restarts the headset, PE gets restarted in the background as a result.

You may notice that PiTool has come a long way when it comes to this matter. If users remember, there were a few other settings that required a restart as well. As PiTool (and headset firmware) updates have come along, the PiTool team has managed to successfully change their code base to remove the need for restart for those settings. Refresh rate change still requires a restart and I am not sure whether it is or it is not scheduled in their timeline.

6 Likes

Hi, I want to add a windows shortcut as a custom app. Problem is I can only add .exe

Could we please add shortcuts as I want to add a shortcut to run Skyrim SKSE with MO2

Edit - In fact can you just make so we can add command line parameters as Iā€™d like to add ā€œmoshortcut://SkyrimVR:SKSEā€ to the MO2.exe

1 Like

is this actually something we can expect eventually? change refresh rates without hmd reboot

Yeah, a way to launch SKSE and MO2 would be awesome.

First time using PEā€¦when I set and save my brightness/contrast settings, either in PE or in Pitool, if I load a game through PE it changes a bunch of things: Puts my FOV to Normal from Small, turns on PP from off, resets all brightness/contrast settings, I only tried loading HL:Alyx so far, so Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s game-specific yetā€¦I didnā€™t choose any cloud profiles or anything. What am I doing wrong?

He doesnā€™t know if youā€™re asking aminelec that question

1 Like