Pimax VR Experience 0.74.0.0 Discussion

I get the Scrum Poker page (from Australia).

Seeing that @xHDGx is in Germany, I tried ExpressVPN with a German IP address. That returned the Scrum Poker page as well.

3 Likes

Interesting, if i use Asian VPN Scrum Poker works. If i use Europe or North-Southamerika VPN i get crystal page.

1 Like

Ok! Thank you for sharing that! :pray:

In the other thread I suggested to try and use a reputable DNS provider (and flushing the cache afterwards) to see if things work out correctly or not.

Iā€™ll wait and see what you will experience.

https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimax-vr-experience-0-74-0-0-public-beta-is-here/33578/38?u=arminelec

2 Likes

Marcin another option might be to create a torrent. Though a Github account would likely be best.

2 Likes

Hi there, I installed pitool 87 v2 and PE VR 0.74 and all my steam games are visible in pitool, but nothing in PE VR and I donā€™t know why, any solution ?

Please help :thinking:

1 Like

Oh hmmā€¦ that shouldnā€™t happen at this point. Could you please provide the Player.log? We will look into that urgently!

The log is located in /AppData/localLow/Pimax/Pimax VR Experience/Player.log

1 Like

Ok do you want the total texte or only a sequence because I canā€™t join the file (not a jpg)?

1 Like

Thank you for your help SweViver, here is the link to my player.log

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HRhUClMEhHuinH2e6rUE73R-c7encuw8/view?usp=sharing

2 Likes

@SweViver & @arminelec I have seen a few people requesting an easy way to have things like FpsVR launched with SteamVR titles.

This would be great for FpsVR and other Overlay type programs.

4 Likes

Hmm very strange. It says:

[Debug] Searching for SteamVR Installationā€¦
[Debug] Steam install path found (64 bit Windows): G:\STEAM
[Debug] Error: An error occured when importing SteamVR games. Please check error log: System.ArgumentException: JSON parse error: The document is empty.

Could you please check if there is a file called steamapps.vrmanifest in your Steam install directory, which in your case should be:
G:\STEAM\config\steamapps.vrmanifest

Thats where all info for installed VR games are stored by Steam.
ĀØ
Is the file really empty?

3 Likes

We will look into this, thanks!

But doesnt fpsVR have an option already for automatic launch upon SteamVR launch?

3 Likes

Yes the file steamapps.vrmanifest exist already at that placeā€¦
Here is the link to see this file, I dont understand anything in it :sweat_smile:
Please, do not hesitate for anything

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CYMRVymZ3O7nIWVNLSjr8k_9FK67CYJ0/view?usp=sharing

Not sure. With Launching a game it might not load directly as not loading steamvr before proceeding to launch a game. If I can find the Reddit or FB topic will post a link.

1 Like

I have had that happening too once in a while (I just exited SteamVR and started the game again).

How would PE start it?

PE isnā€™t running when SteamVR is?

1 Like

Not sure in theory as Steamvr loads to run a game from what SweViver said if has an option to load should always load during steamvr startup

1 Like

I installed the new PiTool, PE, and updated my 8KX firmware last night, and Iā€™ve been enjoying this new experience quite a lot! Thanks again for all the hard work put into this. It really feels much more streamlined than before. And because Iā€™m a new Pimax owner (8KX is my first PC headset), this certainly makes my life easier, especially with regards to SteamVR settings.

But last night I tried tinkering with imported custom games, and importing custom thumbnails, etc. I imported Tetris Effect (I bought this game via Epic Games) and previously, I am only able to play this on my Pimax headset by ā€œLaunching in VR mode (SteamVR)ā€ in the Epic Games application. I was hoping I could import the TetrisEffect.exe into Pitool/PE and launch it from within PE. I was able to import and choose my own thumbnail just fine, however when I actually launch it, it launches the game in 2D on my monitor, and PE sort of just hangs-up with an infinite spinning wheel trying to launch the game.

Is there any way around this? Iā€™ve tried googling / redditting / searching here and I havenā€™t been able to find anyone successfully imported Tetris Effect to PiTool or PE. Is it just not possible?

1 Like

I just got Tetris Effect during the Epic sale also. I also couldnā€™t find a way to make it work with importing. Really enjoying the game though.

1 Like

I am having an issue where the new beta is launching games in desk top mode and not VR. Beta 70 worked perfectly, but 74 doesntā€¦ I am sure im missing something small. Any help is appreciated

4 Likes

Good morning,

I was finally able to download and install the new PT and PE last night. I used the links above, and both downloaded and installed exactly how they should have (used Firefox). First off, the new PE is wonderful and I really like all the extra features you have added. Even the little symbols next to the sliders are a great addition. These additions make fine tuning the image in the HMD much easier. Great job @arminelec and @SweViver

Bugs:

• None of my thumbnails are populating. I have had this issue since the first PE and sent in my Player_Log but did not receive a response.
  • I noticed this instantlyā€¦the Render Quality in PE and in SteamVR environment (black room with circles) seems much lower. As if I am running on 0.5 (low) even though I am on 2.0 (overkill). Very pixelated! If I change the FOV, Render Quality, Super Sampling slider, GPU speed, etc. in PE nothing happens. Image looks the same. If I start a game the resolution in game is fine and as it should be. Once I close the game there is a 50/50 chance the proper resolution will be shown in PE or the SteamVR environment. Sometimes it goes to how it should be and stays for a couple games, while other times it swaps back and forth as I enter and leave games. I have closed all VR programs opening again, and even restarted my PC. The issue is still randomly there. This did not happen with the previous PE. It is like once I am out of a game PiTool/PE is selecting the wrong Render Quality to be shown.

Thank you for your time,

2 Likes

Hello - I am having the same issue as Pygmaeus. PE 0.70 worked for me without any issues, but since upgrading to 0.74, games are launching in desktop mode with a spinning circle over the game icon in PE (and PE stays open, seemingly frozen in this state).

SteamVR is not opening after clicking launch in PE (instead seems to open in desktop mode). I havenā€™t tried all my games, but it happened in my most used titles (Project Cars 2 and Automobilista 2).

Iā€™ve been launching from the games tab of pitool for the meantime. With that method, steamVR opens normally and the game is launched in VR.

That minor issue aside, absolutely loving the work you guys are doing here. Thanks so much.

2 Likes