Pimax VR Experience 0.60.0.0 Beta Available Now!

Amazing work :star_struck: :+1: :+1: is asgard wrath working now? how is 261, is performance worse there?

2 Likes

@SweViver @arminelec Great work so far, we all really appreciate your efforts. Not sure if there is a thread for suggestions but I cant find one so I will drop this here. It would be nice if we could have different profiles for different users within the household to automatically set the verticle and horizontal ipd offsets as well as other personal preferences just by swapping profiles.

5 Likes

Pitool 261 has worse performance,but with pitool 261 asgard wrath and phatom cover ops works and not on the later versions of pitool

3 Likes

Very nice work!
Just a side note,
Don’t forget reboot after driver (pitool) update.

6 Likes

i got aw to work in revive, working great.

4 Likes

Awesome work! You guys rock!!!

giphy-downsized-large

4 Likes

Sorry, what version of Pitool am I supposed to be using with this? I’m currently using .264 and don’t want to downgrade. Is the linked Pitool a later version?

1 Like

thx for the reply,

indeed asgard wrath and phantomcover ops is only working when you select revive in the vr experience.

And lone echo and stormland are only working in oculus mode in the vr experience

@SweViver can you look into this please

1 Like

If they can figure out how to get Lone Echo and Stormland to work in Revive that would be amazing. Would like to have access to my boundaries and Index controller settings.

1 Like

The linked Pitool is the latest version but because of a numbering bug Pitool says there is a new version available but thats not true. EDIT: and you need the latest version

4 Likes

I tried Stormland yesterday on my 8k+, launched by PE.
And Lone Echo has always been working, launched by Pitool, is it broken now? (will try right after typing this).

Edit: oh my bad, with revive only.

1 Like

Noob question here, but is there a difference between running Lone Echo / Stormland through Revive instead of Oculus on PiTool? I’ve been wanting to get those two Oculus games (waiting for a sale) but I figured I would launch them through the Oculus tab in PE. Is that not the case?

2 Likes

*.2.084 is built on *.1.264

It’s a later version. Martin/SweViver mentioned this in the closed beta
 :wink:

As @KnoppersPolizei says the version check doesn’t work so it thinks that *.1.264 is newer than *.2.084.

Just ignore that until a new “proper” PiTool release is out.

5 Likes

Awesome, all clear now. Thanks all.

5 Likes

Just got a chance to try it out and I have to say, it’s working great. Loving the new improvements! The new command line entries are perfect!!

One thing, when I updated to the latest version I lost all of my imported apps. Is there a file I can copy over next time to keep those in my imported library when updating to a new version?

5 Likes

Thank you guys for the feedback so far, we appreciate it a lot!
Sorry for not replying until now. Me and Armin decided already on Thursday night that we probably will need the weekend to rest and finally get some proper sleep, so I personally havent checked the forums until now. I hope you understand

About PiTool versions:
Some of you asked about PiTool version. The PiTool version 1.0.2.084 is recommended, but official 264 also works with this version of PE. Although (correct me if Im wrong here), the automatic controller type/vendor detection should only work when PiTool 1.0.2.084 is installed, and thats the reason we recommend you to use the 1.0.2.084 instead.. Note that the controller-selector has been removed from Customize-options, as controller models are now detected automatically based on your used controllers.

Regarding the “bug” where PiTool promotps that a newer version of PiTool is available:
Bill & Alex (from Pimax/PiTool team) will most likely release a new PiTool version next week after the holiday, and the new version will include PE (and maybe also some new PE updates), which will fix this bug.

About the new PE Installer:
Each new PE version update will (apart from PiTool bundles) also be released as a standalone installer wizard. We have spent a lot of time to create the NSIS installer and its not only installing PE, but also correcting some values in registry before/after installation, it makes sure PiTool/PiService restarts after installation. There is now also a PC uninstaller created, which uninstalls PE and cleans up the registry keys created, Moreover the new installer lets you install PE anywhere on your PC (outside o Pimax install dir) and PiTool will still run it automatically as usual.

Note: New folder location in Appdata/LocalLow
We are not sure if all of you have noticed this, but in version 0.60.0.0 we have decided to move the Appdata/localLow content to a new location. Now, all files created by PE and Unity are in a folder called “Pimax VR Experience” instead of PVRHome, so the path should be:

C:\Users\user\AppData\LocalLow\Pimax\Pimax VR Experience
instead of
C:\Users\user\AppData\LocalLow\Pimax\PVRHome\

This operation is NOT affecting all (game individual) settings profiles you have created in the past with previous PE versions (as these profiles are all stored in C:\Users\SweViver\AppData\Roaming\PiTool\manifest\PiTool).

But the new location affects:

• user settings profile json (userSettingsPVR.json)
  • SteamVR Optimization profiles
  • Favorites
  • All Game-imports (except Oculus games which are still fetched from PiTool imports)

This means, upon installing 0.60.0.0 you end up with a new (default) user profile and all your games gets re-imported to the new location. Although, your SteamVR Optimization profiles are not automatically moved from the old folder C:\Users\user\AppData\LocalLow\Pimax\PVRHome\CustomSteamVRProfiles) to the new folder (C:\Users\user\AppData\LocalLow\Pimax\Pimax VR Experience\CustomSteamVRProfiles).
So if you have made many SteamVR optimization profiles for your games in the past, you will need to move them to the new folder manually.

Also, your Favorites are not automatically moved from the old location, so if you had a lot of favorites created in the past, just move these from:
C:\Users\user\AppData\LocalLow\Pimax\PVRHome\Favorites
to
C:\Users\user\AppData\LocalLow\Pimax\Pimax VR Experience\Favorites\

And same thing applies to Custom Imported games. Move them from:
C:\Users\SweViver\AppData\LocalLow\Pimax\PVRHome\GameImports
To:
C:\Users\SweViver\AppData\LocalLow\Pimax\Pimax VR Experience\GameImports

The main reason to use a new Appdata/LocalLow folder for the Unity/PE files is to simply make sure nothing from teh old configuration can conflict/break the new PE configuration. Also, have in mind that the old folder C:\Users\user\AppData\LocalLow\Pimax\PVRHome\ was previously used by the “Empty Pimax Galaxy” bundled with all old PiTool versions, and these old files that were created could actually cause problems with the latest version of PE.

Sorry for the hassle caused by this, but this change had to be made to ensure full stability and no conflicts.

We promise to not move the Appdata/LocalLow location/path again, and the above operations will not be needed for any upcoming version of PE.

Notes: Command Line Arguments
All Command Line Argument profiles are stored as *.json files (one profile for each game) in C:\Users\user\AppData\LocalLow\Pimax\Pimax VR Experience\CommandLineProfiles.

Thanks all, looking forward to new reports and looking forward to continue the work on PE together with Armin after the weekend! :heart:

Yes, check the above, it should help you to restore your old custom imports :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Did you first install the latest PiTool from the link provided in the first post? PE only works with the latest version and also v264. The previous PiTool versions doesn’t communicate with PE (no connection included).

2 Likes

What caused this was when you powered on your controllers after starting PE (or during the start of PE). Its now fixed in PE 0.60 as it automaticaly configures SteamVR to not launch upon powering controllers or pressing System-button.

3 Likes

Thats mainly because of the 4K & 8K Skyboxes (backgrounds) which are quite large bitmaps. We will reduce the size along the road. Also the plan for future versions is to:

• only include a few backgroundd and have an option to download additional backgrounds that you prefer from a server (directly inside PE).
  • use custom backgrounds/skyboxes
8 Likes

I open PE, it show that there is groomy eye in viveport menu.

I try to play in vr, but it can’t play and swap to pimax logo and I can’t do anything right now, I try to quit pitool and reopen, it still show pimax logo. So I need to restart service.

I open viveport launcher and found that this game need to redownload, not sure that I uninstall it or anything, but it show in update available menu in viveport.

So some game are listed in PE, but can’t play and make the PE to be closed.
I think we need PE Launcher menu in Pitool for this case.

After already download the game, try to open it again and I see that while the steamvr is starting, it show the pimax logo for a period and then start steamvr. So I think the Pimax logo which show in the short time may make some misunderstand that the PE is closed by get any error.

2 Likes