Pimax US Roadshow: 1st 🛑 Orlando!

Discuss Roadshow once Event Live. Impressions will copied to Announcement Topic for easy reading.

1 Like

First one is tomorrow! We are excited about it, should be fun.

3 Likes

@PimaxUSA Wish I could join you. Dang.
How about doing a show or two in Canada some time?
I’d be willing to fly to a larger city.
Could you consider this for the shows for the 12K down the road?
Cheers!

2 Likes

I love Canada, wish we had time to do a show there. A string of meeting with partners and media etc. dictated path but maybe Q1 2023 we can do something in Toronto.

4 Likes

Did the event take place?

2 Likes

yeah, I haven’t seen a single impression from it, so wondering the same thing…

2 Likes

We had a lot of people, some were there specifically to test the updated lenses and see if we improved them etc. All reported the solution works and were extremely happy about it. Showed the other updates to the controllers and other aspects. Went really well.
Let’s see if we can apply what we learned day 1 to day 2.

5 Likes

Great to hear, thanks for the update! Would be great if you could get the fixed version to MRTV as soon as possible so that he can make an update video.

2 Likes

This is good to hear ! I think from what i did give as a solution its also maybe not that hard to make a eye focal diopter with those removable lenses(i know its not in the planning)

But great that it worked…

1 Like

The new lenses are super nice compared to the previous ones I had in the sample. It’s quite neat you can just swap them with a new version in 2 seconds.

4 Likes

Here I’m trying to compare them.

7 Likes

I was there yesterday…they had just received the new lenses to fix focal issue and I was super impressed with the crystal.

Their test bench was running a 3090 and I asked if I could come back today and bring my 4090 / 7950x gaming pc to help test and they said that would be cool!

Ill give my full thoughts after today…maybe make a video…maybe just write a wall of text haha

9 Likes

@PimaxUSA How do you tell by looking at them which lens is which?

2 Likes

Hello😇

We will read your opinion from France with impatience.
I personally await your test to find out if the RTX 4090 will be sufficient in simulation with crystal to have a fluid image with simulators on which I play like #Iracing / Dcs world / Il2 Bos / Mfs 2020.

Thanks in advance

aplushhsss/laurent​:innocent::+1:t2::+1:t2:

Even if Pimax do not end up offering any way for the user to adjust diopters (eg. some sort of mechanism/screw/shim_sets/multiple_rim_options), it would be nice if the software could still account for DIY/third_party diopter mods (EDIT: …having a parameter that appropriately adapts distortion profiles and frustums for both imagery and eye tracking, for any lens-to-screen distance)…

2 Likes

I’m glad you guys took my suggestion about exchangeable lenses seriously. Very cool that it works so well.

Did you guys have the 42 PPD lens at this Meetup?

2 Likes

Are controllers being shown there? If so, how is the tracking?

Are the faceplates removable on these units? Just wondering if they’re retail units.

2 Likes

Bradley testing Crystal Controllers

6 Likes

Thanks! Very happy to see the controllers being shown off over there!!

2 Likes

They don’t look like retail units though.