Pimax update (14.10.2020) - Backer Box Shipment Advisory - Discussion

If that really is true, i will not accept it by any means, the have promised this!!!

from the latest backerbox q&a from pimaxquorra

1. Can I receive a refund for the Backer Box?
    Yes – To qualify for a refund of $150 you had to have verified your address on or before October 16th 2020 and not receive a tracking number on or before October 31st, 2020. You can make the requests via a service ticket beginning November 2nd, 2020.
    If you wish to keep the stretch goal, we will schedule the shipment for you
1 Like

I still havent receive mine.

Was this supposed to be a compensation for late delivery ?

1 Like

Can’t remember what video it was stated in, but yes IIRC both Kevin and Marcin said/confirmed it.

at the time I saw that I was impressed, now… not so much… :laughing:

4 Likes

It was said and written in a slide at the Pimax Now event on YT. In the part where the Backer Box is announced. We were screwed way too often to let it happen again. I just don’t accept this turn.
We have been discussing countless times here on this forum about making promises and keeping them.
I even was thanked and they said that they have learned from their mistakes etc blahblah.
It will be impossible to ever believe them if they turn their backs on us again, by changing what was clearly promised. And to be frank, it felt deserved after all we been trough for such a long time.

3 Likes

Well, I’m not hoping for any sort of compensation. They can always say that we didn’t confirm our address properly, so they have been unable to ship the package. I just want to know what I need to do in order to get it. @pimaxquorra

Daily update, still no tracking number.

I know backer # doesnt matter but for a #70 backer that is bad…

I could very well be wrong, but I was under the impression that the deal was if you were tired of waiting for the backer box by the October 31st date that you could just request a refund instead of continuing to wait for the backer box. I don’t think it was ever said that you would still get the backer box even if you requested the $150. I could be wrong but I thought that was how it was originally presented.

5 Likes

Sorry, my bad I stand corrected it’s the possibility to request a $150 refund :+1:

2 Likes

I received an email from Pimax on 10/30… the Subject of the Email was “Your Pimax technology order has updated the logistics status!” … the message was:

Dear customer,
Your shipping status has been updated!
Tracking Vendor: USPS
Tracking No: ???

I assume that’s my backer-package. But the tracking number from USPS tracking site doesn’t show up. Then on 11/2 I receive another Pimax Email with the subject as “Your Pimax technology order has updated the logistics status!”… the message was:

Dear customer,
Your shipping status has been updated!
Contains Products: [‘New Stretch Goals’, ‘New Stretch Goals With 2 Base Stations’]
Tracking Vendor: USPS
Tracking No: ???

Same tracking number and still USPS tracking service can’t find any tracking information. But what I found interesting was the part in the message that said… “With 2 Base Stations”. That’s because I had already received my 2 base stations a long time ago.

2 Likes

Yep, this was a golden opportunity to build up some sorely needed good will, instead of which they generate a ton of fake tracking codes and a week later the ghost package still hasn’t left their Shanghai office. Like what was the point of telling everyone they could get $150 for failing to send out backer boxes if they were just going to pull this cunning stunt.

1 Like

Clam your $150 refund and then if my backer box with tracking number does turn up you can buy mine for $100

1 Like

Well, thanks for offer but if you dont have one neither who know who will get one first.

Daily update, still no tracking number.

2 Likes

I have a tracking number, I’d rather have the refund, want to swap?

3 Likes

Hi, anyone knows what the price they put in the strechgoal box with bases?

fedex is asking an invoice. how i have that?

thanks

1 Like

I got the invoice (supplied by Pimax) from FedEx, you can have a look at mine here:
https://community.openmr.ai/t/anyone-received-the-backer-box-with-two-basestations-what-were-your-taxes/32761

1 Like

It seems there just maybe using the courier software to generate a label to notify the courier of an impending package. Doesn’t mean it has been transfered to the courier.

My label was generated on Oct 26. Courier didn’t receive package til Oct 29 or Oct 30. My package has moved and possibly arrive today according to Fedex Tracking. However Deliveries where I am are passed over to Sameday courier(Norm in my area, if not shipping Canada post it gets handed off).

2 Likes

Thank you but I will leave another to chance to Pimax before give up on all this.

1 Like

If we were more local to one another I’d definitely consider buying it off you once received. Though not sure how much shipping would cost. Might still be a consideration.

Either way with the SMAS bombing should be easy to sell. Might even be worthwhile to create 3d adapters to use on other headsets with proper hinge angle.

Maybe send me a pm with details. Though need to think about it a bit as have to watch some spending. :laughing:

Looks like Royal Mail Tracked to Canada is about ÂŁ15 gbp, so about $26 CAD

1 Like