Pimax sword Controllers!

In spanish, from “Real o Virtual” (RoV):

@anon84525399, I imagine that, regardless of the controllers chosen, the backers would receive the Sword Sense, right?

Will the controllers also have finger pressure detection?, or just finger tracking?

Real o Virtual (RoV) comments that the release date of Sword Sense is still unknown, so it is possible that the basic Sword is sent before.

3 Likes

Sweviver I think for most of the english speaking world ‘w’ in sword is silent :wink: (maybe I’m just being Merican ignorant).

Index prices are out:
$149 per base and $279 for the controllers. Yet still no final pricing on the PiMax version of these. I assume if I buy the Index and can use the Valve controllers and Lighthouses with my PiMax?

1 Like

I can say the pimax stick controller seems to have a better layout for the trackpad slot.

3 Likes

See pitool 121b. Knuckles have support.

Vive pro/Valve Index/Pimax P2(5k/8k) headsets are all Valve LH v1 or v2 compatable.

2 Likes

I think I might just go with the Valve knuckles since I know they will ship this year.

Pimax said before their controllers looked nothing like they did at CES. This is still the same controller design that was shown at CES in Sweviver’s review?

8 Likes

Yeah, I was kinda surprised, because I remembered what Kevin said but they are barely changed, lol. I’m glad they choose to make a version with minitrackpad and joystick like the Valve Index, although it kinda sucks it doesn’t have the pressure thing, but Norm from Tested said in the review he kinda missed the grip button of the touch controllers, so… maybe it is for good.

I would like more info on the headstrap too.

1 Like

Well this confirmed my purchase of the Index Controllers.

I too would like more info on the headstrap, that’s my #1. It’s so uncomfortable with the straps and using the DAS doesn’t work for people with smaller heads.

1 Like

hi,

for me it looks like the simple version is just the same as the old vive wands and the sense version is the clone of the knuckels (as it was intended from the beginning)
on one hand it was good to wait to mimic the final knuckels features, on the other hand they now have directly to compete with valve - even worth, valve has a price, a delivery date and proven that everything works (finger tracking, force grip - thats still to be seen if pimax can get this working in time)
also there is no added value from the pimax controllers, the HMD does have it compared with the Index, pimax should concentrate on things like DAS like thing and to things the competition dont offer like wireless and eye tracking and if they can do a 8k+ on the way with the anx7538/9 to get better res with it’s scaler (maxing out DP 1.4) that would help too

i ordered the controllers from valve, after seeing how pimax did on the HMD and now having a estimate about there development and prototyping ability’s (DAS like thing, foam and longer cable are kind of smaller tasks and they are unable to even name dates, when it should have been already done)

The backers are getting the Sword Sense correct?

2 Likes

Wow, I am glad they add track pad on stick version and we can be sure that it will work like index controller.

1 Like

Originally backers were divided betwee Trackpad & Stick. Pimax decided to offer both variations.

Instead of sticking with this they have crippled the features of the Track pad. This means pimax will need to mess things up again with a new survey or a truckload of Supen requiring folks to make their choice on controllers.

I myself backed 2 full sets with the understanding that both controllers would have full function. Now I will have no choice but to have 2 sets of Stick controllers.

If they wanted to offer crippled controllers that don’t have hand sensing for reshaped Vive wands with option of stick or trackpad would have been good. But not this mess.

13 Likes

I agree they didnt stick to their word.

I requested controllers with thumbstick however i like the design of the Sword Sense more than the original designs.

But backers will have a choice between Sword and Sword Sense ?

Or will Pimax cheap out and give backers the Sword Controllers ?

2 Likes

I love my Pimax HMD but - if people haven’t already ordered, I can’t think why they would choose Pimax controllers (no delivery date, no price, poor quality control, poor customer communication, poor delivery process) over Valve?

4 Likes

Backers who chose stick would definitely get Sword Sense. Those who originally chose Trackpad would get Sword; due to pimax renegging on design they would have to ask if those who order trackpad want this crippled reshaped vive wand or the Index clone.

4 Likes

I originally chose a trackpad, but then I sent a Pimax through a kickstarter that I wanted to choose a thumbstick. They confirmed it to me.

1 Like

With pimax’s unstable schedule & surprise alterations for sure. But if pimax can produce the controllers for a more reasonable price point than Valve & it holds quality. Than pimax might have good sales.

But these are big IFS at this point. The same is true if they offer sense on both styles. & release eco non sense versions for the cheap.

But as long as they have quality, logistic issues with no clear stable release dates. They may miss a bigger chance to really gain good footing.

3 Likes

Hey @Heliosurge, notice something about these swerd controllers? No indentations for the sensors like their HMDs… If they end up using the same plastic as the shells on their HMDs, then it won’t be long before they crack and fall apart. We all know how abusive we can be with our controllers.

Also, I find it interesting that Valve’s Index controllers are also smooth surfaced, no sensor indents at all. Seems like Pimax’s design sensibility rubs off on Valve.

1 Like

Truth they will have to give folks the opportunity to switch controllers & said they would. So like 5k+ vs 8k; here we go again though a choice of Sense Stick or Cripple pad. I think the choice is more clear.

A vive wand in a knuckle shell is just a no go.

6 Likes

Valve will likely maket the sensor areas pocketed so only thin area on controller will be where the sensor is.

With the appearance of the controller on pimax having the halo Cuffs hopefully pimax has learned to make the molds with only the area of the sensors thin. But who knows as I would have thought they would have kept Sense in both options as originally stated.

2 Likes