Pimax Sept 16 News Update Speculation

This must be it. And now they’re too embarrased to talk about this major f*ck up so they just hide. That’s how it usually goes

6 Likes

One of their best Reps Xunshu probably saw the writing on the wall and moved on, despite pimax saying that she volunteered for or was assigned to another department.

2 different teams. Japan show (In pacific) would not be affected by Dorian in the Atlantic.

Just more poor planning. Last Published Risk asessment posted by Xunshu in early Kickstarter days.

A responsible respectable post on the 16th could have looked somthing like this.

"Hi pimaxians,

As you know with hurrican Dorian this has in part caused delays in having the planned “pimax day” event. As many key team members are just returning from the festival. We are planning to have some meetings & will announce a new date before this week ends.

We appreciate your continued patience after a lengthy wait. We will evaluate & see if possible to release a sneak peak a head of the main announcement if ready(ie new pitool release)."

15 Likes

Is the panel of Pimax 8K a 5K then upscaled to 8K (lenses) ?

If the answer is yes, theorically speaking a new Panel for Pimax 8k+ or Vision might be used also for a new Pimax 5K+ having better blacks, colours and contrast.

1 Like

The current 8k uses 2 4k lcd pentile like panels with dual 1440p upscaled to dual 4k res.

The 5k uses 2 dual 1440p panels with dual 1440p input(no upscaling).

So the new rgb lcd panels would not likely work due to no upscaler.

1 Like

Guess you didn’t see the /S at the end of my comment

I think people forgot what REAL Screen door Effect looked like back on an old lcd projector. What the headsets now have are more of a sheer stocking effect, It is pretty minimal on most headsets like the Index and 5K+ but if you really look for it you can see it.

3 Likes

Maybe it was not so foreign a country.

You guys have the best intentions, but hoping for the Pimax team to ever change the way they communicate or listen/ even read all of the good proposals and tips some folks give here at the forum, is really a waste of time.

Why should they suddenly change into a completely different company? Because you really believe they care about this community? I would like to think like that too. I feel scammed everytime i see posts like: https://community.openmr.ai/t/15-off-7-days-deal-on-amazon-japan-before-new-tax-policy/22018 at the very same time they pretend there is no one available to make an announcement of news that should have been ready to release the 16Th

Also no one from Pimax is ever reacting directly on the suggestions you guys make here and all over the forum. That adds to the feeling that they don’t care and don’t want to improve on the communication side.
I work in sales, and the only things i really hate are lies and hollow promises.
My customers know that, and the company i work for knows that.

I said it before: The only ones i can really appreciate here are you guys who visit the forum and be helpful everytime. As for completing the “full package” i care, for the rest the company achieves or not, i don’t care at all anymore.
So frikkin done with this exhausting story, i almost feel 2 years of my life being kidnapped LOL
I know, it’s my fault, i was a believer for a long time :slight_smile:

I like to add: If one shows credability, i’ll support one till the end. When one is playing games, one loses my respect and support.

Sorry.

19 Likes

Truthfully I have seen them do better in the past and do know some of the team do really care. But all to often it seems those folks are not in a position to make changes needed.

I do see where your coming from though. I am mainly here more due to the community than due to quality actions of late from pimax.

The last company I worked for on the employee side is failing due to poor management. Unfortunately being a strong F500 company they can afford to mistreat their workforce. You know it’s bad when a maintenance mechanic is pissed he wasn’t laid off with just over 50 of us near last xmas (he really wants a severance package). :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

3 supervisors left/pushed out. All three really cared for the employees in their departments which was frown on by the Clique in control.

Maybe being a mascochist of sorts still have some faith this company can pull it together. But they need to stop doing a half job with letting someone bulldog pr & hire someone who knows what there doing.

5 Likes

Indeed, bad management almost always leads to bad results.
Fortunately the company i work for is encouraging their employees to speak out loud when they feel the need to say when things go wrong. Even better, most of the time, actions are taken upon our feedback. Same goes for the customers. They often take surveys and do something with the given feedback.
Exactly everything Pimax lacks, so it seems.
Thumb rule is: If you want to be a good seller, you have to be a good listener. And show in all your actions that you have listened to what the customer really says (means). And show you care.

Even if you can’t meet ALL expectations, being honest and understandful is key. Silence or ignorance leads to leaving customers.
There was a day that i really did believe Pimax could be a very successful company. You know when that was? Guess…?

The day they were all over, communicating, being “there” were the action was.Again this shows the importance of these skills. In fact you don’t need to call this behaviour a skill. It’s just a matter of commitment. When you try your best, you can’t really fail. That is what i believe anyway. Just someone acting/ reacting different than you hoped for is no where near a fail. Even then, you could learn a lot, and recomfort him again.

I’m almost certain, some Chinese wisdom is hidden in these words. Now, please put them to practice Pimax :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Then again; Were it the case they were waiting for an external partner to finish their product, and that product was Star Citizen, that would explain so much. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

LOL, yes indeed :smile:
That would be an acceptable excuse by the way, knowing it is a stretch goal.
I have never learned, till recently, they needed LH technology from a third party to ever complete the full package. When i knew that from day one, i may have made other descisions. Exactly backing my post above.
Apart from that i never knew all the ingredients had have to be engineered AFTER the KS campaign. It looked like they only needed money to start producing a near-finished package. Talking about communication…

I think i can safely assume that a lot of us don’t really care for the stretch goals as much as for the needed LH’s and controllers. To be honest, the stretch goals were not the reason i jumped in.
All i longed for, was a high-tech and affordable, working KIT.
Yes, i should have known, you get what you pay for, but at the time i was not aware of what KS really was. Also a bit stupid on my side to have me mislead by all the great sounding words in the campaign i stumbled upon. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

good idea, all remaining stuff will only delivered if everything is complete and one of the 3 software titles from the stretch goals is Star Citizen (also one of them might be the 3rd of the three valve VR AAA titles)

2 Likes

Have you tried Titanic: Honor and Glory? Its only a demo right now but the visuals are second to none!

Also I gifted the developers at THG a Pimax 5k+ at a convention last month and they were highly impressed by it!

4 Likes

I’m downloading it right now. Won’t try it for a while though as I’ve recently downloaded Virt-A-Mate and still experimenting in my laboratory.

2 Likes

Thanks, will try on the cv1 :slight_smile:

Anyone tried War Thunder? Is it worth playing?

1 Like

How work on pimax? test vive demo version without pp and have a poor perf and double vision… and without pp crash at launch. Pit version?

1 Like

PP on and pimax render resolution no more than 0.5 anything higher results in a crash.

1 Like

Indeed it’s the best photorealistic experience I’ve seen. If you turn off both lights of your hands it runs much better, after that the ambient light will slowly increase and you still have some light emerging from your hands, I can run it in ultra and it’s breathtaking

1 Like