Pimax Sept 16 News Update Speculation

This was a Kickstarter, not a finished product. Specs often change, when a product is under development, and what was hoped for turns out to not actually be possible.

2 Likes

Not looking for white Knighting so will disregard your bias opinion but thanks

2 Likes

Thatā€™s gross, Mikeā€¦

I havenā€™t given up. I went on ebay and bought some vive accessories for real cheap. Been loving my pimax ever since. Ya Iā€™m upset that things are being delayed but Iā€™ve watched so many kickstarter fail vids that I am genuinely happy that we are still getting something instead of hearing news of them giving us nothing at all. They are still a fairly new company and lessons can be learned from mistakes. Iā€™m pleased with my HMD and the quality. I expect no less from the controllers and base stations.

5 Likes

New information on Pimax

The Pimax 8K Vision announcement is likely to be delayed next week.
8K X will be technical information, not product information.
Everyone who experienced the new 8K Vision at TokyoGameShow gave a good impression.
惻 SDE was almost eliminated
惻Color reproducibility is better than 8K

9 Likes

That all sounds promising.

3 Likes

Waitā€¦where are all people claiming 5k+ has nearly no SDEā€¦? :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Well to be fair, it does have very low SDE. I donā€™t doubt their bold claims about the 8k+. Itā€™s 4k with a normal RGB stripe. It outta look awesome.

6 Likes

So, an 8K+ lets hope that if they have developed new lenses that the magnification is lower (with more panel usage.) I absolutely love the PPD on the 4K, and if Pimax could manage that quality on a higher FOV, it would be awesome.

I hope they give a trade in option.

2 Likes

Pimax. Let me be your PR manager. Iā€™ll take whatever date you set and add 1-4 months and use a dartboard to determine which excuse should be posted on the forums.

I dont intend this to be mean. I hope for the best and wish you guys well. I mean I also work for a company that has terrible processes and screws up deadlines all the time so I know what its like.

3 Likes

so uh, your answer is to give me a ban until October?

im guessing this was you, @pimaxusa?

4 Likes

take my money then silence me if i have issues

1 Like

Iā€™ve been there as well. :sob:

3 Likes

seems this is the answer now, its gotten bad.

they stay silent but delete posts and ban

2 Likes

youā€™re hired!
at least we would have a solid system in place with logic behind it

6 Likes

Where do you get this information?

Not holding my breath for the high contrast stuff but Iā€™m super keen to try out games like Audica, Space Pirate Trainer and the new Lab with native support. Especially keen to check out some 360 video after @sjefdeklerk mentioned how good it looks! Any recommendations?

1 Like

So steam will send it straight to a USA freight forwarder ?

1 Like

Wow, if 8k vision have no sde, good clarity, and good components, with nothing distorsiĆ³n, I buy. Please pimax. Please.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the way it looks ā€¦ then we were told we backer get a glimpse behind the scenes and are treated preferentially ā€¦ that was probably nothing ā€¦ in the contrary ā€¦ still a promise that was not respected

1 Like