Pimax Sept 16 News Update Speculation

What is also important is native input, otherwise high res screens won’t be utilized properly

Maybe it’s me then, but I don’t see it here:

https://community.openmr.ai/latest

This thread is still showing for me on the main forum screen.
Thanks for the share @sjefdeklerk
I see It still has a floppy strap.
You would have though after all this time they would at least have sample rigid straps for new models

6 Likes

That’s odd. I see the thread when I’m logged out. But when I log in it’s gone. LOL. Not sure if this is just some bug or if pimax is trying to hide this thread from some users?

Logged in:

But when logged out I see it like you guys. Am I on some ‘trouble makers black list’ ? LOL, seems like it.

1 Like

logged in shows fine for me

Indeed Headsets themselvea are finished. Just accessories kits are not. Leaving pimax xp incomplete without resorting to buy 3rdparty branded controllers, LHes & deluxe headstrap.

You did receive what you backed in terms of the headset like I did with both the 5k+ & 8k.

~ Headmaster wags finger and snaps bamboo stick across wood desk at Hogwart Castle lunchroom~

1 Like

No it hasn’t been unlisted. Just verified.

No censorship on hiding thread.

As you can clearly see I have option to make it unlisted. Not sure why @sjefdeklerk & maybe others having trouble seeing topic.

2 Likes

No point buying pimax controllers if the new controller design isn’t up to scratch with knuckles.

The current tracking ring design needs to go and be replaced with a knuckles/touch/cosmos controller styled tracking rings. Pimax supposedly changed the controller design after showing the design at CES but i’ve seen no changes or news yet.

1 Like

Knuckles are still not up to full scratch. Multi user xp centers might not be able to run well with knuckles needing time to calibrate to users.

In this it might be a smart move to have nonsense controllers. But imho both styles should exist in both trackpad & stick.

1 Like

Analogue stick placement should be directly where thumbs rest and the tracking ring needs to have a form factor like knuckles, touch or cosmos controller styled to be up to scratch with competition.

I’m not really interested in new headset models unless they’re oleds or they have new lenses. If the 8k+ has new lenses i’ll buy it as well as any future oled headset.

Technically no

If I bought a computer with a 2080ti and a Intel i9 cpu, but received one with a 1060 and a i5 I would say it’s not what I paid for
Yes, u got a working computer, but not what was advertised…
I’m sure everyone would agree

2 Likes

What the?

It looks like they just put a strip of rubber around it and called it ruggedized

Consumer revised headsets will have rubberised casings going by what pimaxusa said. Ruggedised versions have several other improvements to make them more sturdy.

I’m more curious where is the rigid audio strap and revised controller design teased in MRTVs interview with pimaxusa after CES?

1 Like

It better not. Brightness control doesn’t even work

Techniquely you haven’t received a lower model. You received what you backed & had the option to switch between the 2 models made.

Just in this case the package is incomplete of accessories; making this more like a “back order” that will ship when ready. So yes the headset you received is what was offered.

So your metaphor senario is flawed. Even first review identified 8k panel type & headset is between 75hz to 90hz being 80hz.

3 Likes

We’ll have to wait & see how controller design fairs. Finsch shift for example are also quite good.