Pimax Sept 16 News Update Speculation

Well here we go.

#1. It’s not that I dislike PimaxUSA. In truth in person he’s not as seen here. Sure he has misconceptions of many here. What I dislike is how he treats folks here & often how he seems to change rules to suit him. He is simply out of his depth trying to wear a hat that does not fit. As such he tries too hard & loses control when his preamble fails to yeild the desired result.

#2. I am about neutrality in fairness. Only in an occasion or 2 have I used a ridiculous situation here & there.

Sisense & Console examples are quite relevant. Sisense due to the fact a simple Refund without interest is insulting; they sold pre orders right after KS closed. Consoles only recently marketed new upgraded versions of systems as new models. In the past most wouldn’t know that newer versions werw often minor upgrades(ie nanometer process) but with some features removed & cooling fans often removed(ps3 slim 4 example). Trying to be balanced & fair is part of who I am. Pimax has both my disdain(Controllers comes to mind) for blatant failures in their word. & my support because I can see the otherside - But failing to communicate earns more of my irritation than anything else. Especially allowing one to speak on for them who stumbles on themself & uses Strong arm tactics to win disagreements.

#3. This one is earned as I know first hand they are capable & would have better support with the community if they didn’t underestimate & over hype dates. & communicate; folks would be more understanding. Sure things like Valve they might not be able to disclose things out right. But things like Hand Module (dead module now imho - Should have been released long ago) and Deluxe Headstrap & controllers were within their ability to offer updates. Hasn’t helped how many times pimaxusa leaked demos on controllers that 9/10 never bared fruit in happening.

#4. Thank you. Though with this vote of confidence :wink: would hope you can see I often know things that cannot always share sources due to keeping confidencial sources as could get some in trouble.

#5. This I have no doubt as you are a decent fellow from what I have observed. As are the majority here. I do wish more here would link up in Steam & such to enjoy games together & more.

I do believe pimax can do well if they stop hindering themselves & yes I am thoroughly disappointed they haven’t posted a rescheduled Anouncement day & at least released a new pitool as it holds no real baring on the upcoming announcement.

11 Likes

Agreed. While I understand maybe not a refund as it was a KS purchase but a credit for sure. Not that they have been good with any coupons/credits being issued. ($100 Wireless Coupon & $100 8k to 5k+ switch). :disappointed:

3 Likes

Indeed. Sense controllers might be as compatible as Valve Index Controllers.

I suspect this is why Nonsense Controller is being made; that & how well would Index Controllers work in an Arcade setting if they need to calibtate to a user’s hands before finger tracking works well?

3 Likes

He’s been a member of this community long before 8k & pimax KS were a thought.

1 Like

I’d like to use all my vouchers to put the towards their new 8k if it’s any good .

4 Likes

I totally understand how you feel. Hopefully after Monday Pimax can build its PR department.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t call it hacks. As then WMR, Razer Hydra & Logitech pen?(Steamvr) & Oculus Controller/headset support in Steamvr are all hacks.

OpenXR should help fix a lot of things but Index Controllers & pimax sense controllers are likely to work a bit on the outside.

Index Controllers are already proving not so backward compatible.

1 Like

If through some insanity you were offered a PR position, @Heliosurge, make sure you get paid per word! Your post count is utterly absurd.

3 Likes

Been there as was in m1 test group. Hard to know things & not being able to share. However this was their planned announcement & had time to post a rescheduled timeline of sorts.

I have met Kevin & do have a good assessment of him. Pimax needs to stop over stressing their staff & hire someone to handle pr. He has some great qualities & skilks but consumer pr is not one of them in uncontrolled scenarios.

9 Likes

The Real insanity would be would the position have the needed clout to be effective? Otherwise it would be a position that would simply be a “fall guy”.

Sure things would need verification & authorized release. But something would need to be on the table to release on each scheduled time.

The fact that friday came and went and we have yet to here an official statement from Pimax…AT ALL…about Pimax day is absurd. There wasn’t even an announcement that it was delayed, just some random posts from pimaxusa that it might get delayed because of the hurricane. Then silence. Pimax is pretending this doesn’t exist and their image isnt being dragged through the mud, not just here but all over the internet. This thread is nearing 1000 posts and yet we still get nothing but breadcrumbs.

Give us an update…why hasn’t their been an official statement about this?

5 Likes

Yes, Pimax needs to tell us truthfully about the problems and delays (or at least give us an announcement date, WHICH THEY ACTUALLY KEEP).

With the arrival of the weekend, we are unlikely to hear anything until Monday, at the earliest.

6 Likes

Are we just a minor problem to them easy enough to ignore by simply logging out if their own forum and walking away?

Seems like we are

3 Likes

I don’t think pimax backers have a voice tbh, apart from complaining on this forum, weather we have been waiting for refunds, our products or info. The forum is hidden away from the public and doesn’t really cause an issue no mater how loud you scream here. No incentive for pimax to care much

Maybe it’s time to air the dirty laundry to redit and online news agencies or YouTube influencers, really get the word out.

If pimax want to screw us, maybe we can give them an image fitting to how it really is

3 Likes

Well this a hard thing for folks to understand. A friend of mine is:

• Canadian Chinese her parents are
  • Chinese Canadian.

I have asked her at times on different situatioms here & yes a lot of what we see is cultural. But we have also at times observed Chinese backers quite frustrated as well with how things have been handled. Which makes things often perplexing to say the least.

There is an expression you can lead a horse to water but can’t make him drink. An interesting side to that is a horse, I have been told will not drink contanimated water.

With Pimax it’s best to express our disappointments but not to dwell on them. As we will only make ourselves crazy trying to understand unusual mindsets to our own.

7 Likes

Reddit is mainly dirty laundry & there is a pimax sub there. As with Discord & strangely even FB doesn’t see strong censorship on disappointments.

1 Like

When did we get a Discord?

1 Like

Pimax is basically already considered a joke to most major vr news outlets and the community as a whole.

6 Likes

I see

If it’s something they brought on themselves why are they not fixing it.

Why are they still causing bad publicity, do they know it’s happening? I didn’t think it was that widespread

1 Like

I bet they delay until after Oculus Connect week…if not, they’ll be competing with Oculus news…

2 Likes